Gravity Falls - Pick-A-Me Mabel!

Let me tell you about my Doctor Who/Adventure Time crossover AU highschool fanfiction
BurntToShreds

Re: Gravity Falls - Pick-A-Me Mabel!

Post by BurntToShreds »

That was an amazing episode. So much stuff I want answered, too bad they have to go on hiatus AGAIN. Is there any benefit to the hiatuses? Are they continuing to work on the episodes as they come out and they need more time between them or what?
Burn 'em to shreds, tear 'em to ashes.

Cori
jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan

Post by Cori »

Yes, hiatuses usually serve to build up a buffer of shows, record new voiceovers, do some post-production work, etc. Just because the show's on a hiatus for airing episodes doesn't mean that production itself has paused.
[8:18:42 AM] Joh Terraem: Cori, I've always found your encyclopedic knowledge of dicks to be quite charming and repulsive at the same time

Valbrandur
Punthusiast

Post by Valbrandur »

Hirsch's girlfriend said that the fault lies with Disney. They want it to be part of their summer lineup so they put it on hiatus until then.

Hirsch himself is struggling against Disney to remove these hiatuses but Disney is adamant in having them.

Disney and Hirsch have a rocky relationship to say the least, Disney having decided to delay the release of the last episode for example.

TheStranger
Eternal Ray of Sunshine

Post by TheStranger »

Whats wrong with having a summer schedule? Gravity Falls, while popular with adults, IS still a kids cartoon.
http://tapastic.com/series/WinterOfDiscontent

3DS Friend Code: 5301-0698-1791

Cori

Post by Cori »

TheStranger wrote:Whats wrong with having a summer schedule? Gravity Falls, while popular with adults, IS still a kids cartoon.

Nothing 'wrong' with it except that Hirsch doesn't WANT one. He's butted heads with Disney a few times. Makes me wonder if Disney was his first choice to air Gravity Falls on.
[8:18:42 AM] Joh Terraem: Cori, I've always found your encyclopedic knowledge of dicks to be quite charming and repulsive at the same time

Lordy

Post by Lordy »

If I remember right it was the first network he pitched the show to.

TheStranger
Eternal Ray of Sunshine

Post by TheStranger »

So, The Tale of Two Stans finally aired, and we get an explanation of how Grunkle Stan came into possesion of the Mystery Shack and the truth behind the mysteries of Gravity Falls

Turns out he's been impersonating his brother Stanford, the REAL owner of the Mystery Shack, who was using the house as a lab for his research into the paranormal. After Stanford was accidently pulled into the portal beneath the Shack, Stan took over the place to try and get him back, its taken him 30 long years to do so. The Stan we know has spent the majority of his life as a travelling scam artist after a falling out with his family in his teens

Cori

Post by Cori »

My question is this: in the episode where Bill Cipher first appears, Dipper sees a memory of Stan telling Soos how 'I used to be a wimp so I'm hard on Dipper to toughen him up'. But like. In a Tale of Two Stans we see that Grunkle Stan was sort of the muscle of the two brothers. So is the story he told Soos about being puny a fabrication, too?

Valbrandur
Punthusiast

Post by Valbrandur »

I think he based that story on his brother. He saw his brother in Dipper, being rather wimpy and intellectual. So I think it was mostly true except it was his brother he was thinking about.

Edit: Looking at some images, maybe what he said about Dipper is what Stan's father said about him. Stan's dad was pretty tough and pretty angry about him damaging Ford's machine, so all those things might have been said about him, before or after he got thrown out.
Last edited by Valbrandur on Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheStranger
Eternal Ray of Sunshine

Post by TheStranger »

Cori wrote:My question is this: in the episode where Bill Cipher first appears, Dipper sees a memory of Stan telling Soos how 'I used to be a wimp so I'm hard on Dipper to toughen him up'. But like. In a Tale of Two Stans we see that Grunkle Stan was sort of the muscle of the two brothers. So is the story he told Soos about being puny a fabrication, too?
The boxing lessons probably still happened, you can see Stanford sitting in the audience in the boxing hall

TheStranger
Eternal Ray of Sunshine

Post by TheStranger »

New episode out! The Stanchurian Candidate, Stan runs for mayor against Bob Gleeful, who plans to use the mayoral office to get his son Gideon out of jail

Pretty good episode, its one of those plots where you set the characters lose and their personalities do the rest

Great Eyewarp

Post by Great Eyewarp »

So apparently Gravity Falls is ending. This seems like it's for the best, and while I'm sad to see it go, I'm glad the series is getting a proper conclusion and not just getting cancelled.
The artist formerly known as Sir Real

Fordicon98

Post by Fordicon98 »

hey so this show ended

yeah

solid finale, everything wrapped up with a nice pretty bow, A/7
Something something butts

BurntToShreds

Post by BurntToShreds »

And it only took 4 years on a massively fucked schedule of hiatuses to reach its conclusion. Gravity Falls was great but I really hope that animators stop giving TV networks their time and work with Netflix or other online companies to deliver their products to people.
Burn 'em to shreds, tear 'em to ashes.

El Mexicano

Post by El Mexicano »

I wish Disney stopped being a bunch of shits and let Alex make the amazing Blu-ray he wants to make.
Have you ever suddenly remembered that you had an account in a forum from a webcomic you read eight years ago and decided to swing by?