So How About Them Tokus

Let me tell you about my Doctor Who/Adventure Time crossover AU highschool fanfiction
Shoolis

Re: So How About Them Tokus

Post by Shoolis »

There

Sure

Is
This is for you King Ghidorah....

Shoolis

Post by Shoolis »

I started with Go Onger and now I'm watching ToQger and I also have Magiranger downloaded and aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Game Angel
sugoi ranger

Post by Game Angel »

Shoolis wrote:does a movie or some such happen between episode 16 of gokaiger and 17? because suddenly they have the grand power of goseiger and I'm all "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat"
In fact, there is a Gokaiger Vs Goseiger movie that shows in greater detail the war that turned the ranger powers into keys in the first place. Then, after a decent timeskip, it goes to some point after episode 16 and shows the conflict and eventual partnership between the two teams and that's how they gain their grand power. (Idk if you've watched it yet i just saw the post now lol but it's here)

Also yesss, ToQger is so good. I didn't think I'd like it so much because of the mech and suit designs but it blew my expectations out of the water.
The only complaint I have with it was the ToQger vs. Kamen Rider Gaim special, it was an hour long trailer for the Kamen Rider Taisen movie featuring super sentai. It also just turned awful and stupid around the halfway point, probably marking when the Gaim writing style took over and made all the Toqgers dumb.

Gaim was such a disappointment and proved to me that Gen Urobochi can only write one type of story tbh

Shoolis

Post by Shoolis »

Protect Kagura at all costs

Game Angel
sugoi ranger

Post by Game Angel »

So Kotaro Minami from Kamen Rider Black and Kamen Rider Black RX, how does it feel to single-handedly beat bodaciously every other character in every Kamen Rider series for title of "Top Husbando"?

TheOtherMC

Post by TheOtherMC »

Game Angel wrote: So Kotaro Minami from Kamen Rider Black and Kamen Rider Black RX, how does it feel to single-handedly beat bodaciously every other character in every Kamen Rider series for title of "Top Husbando"?
"MUST be a Gorgom plot...."

Game Angel
sugoi ranger

Post by Game Angel »

Hey now, it's not ALWAYS Golgom.

Sometimes it's the Crisis Empire

D-vid

Post by D-vid »

Finally finished Go-Busters.
Enter is probably my favorite sentai bad guy ever.

Now to Kyoryuuger and what the hell has samba to do with dinosaurs.

D-vid

Post by D-vid »

Game Angel wrote:Someone please talk to me about ToQger
I stopped watching Kyoryuger after it became the Daigo Kiryu* Show, and I'm praying to god that ToQ doesn't turn into Right and the Rightettes. 4 episodes in, it's still promising and considering it's holding my ant-size attention span that is a good thing so far.

Also Kamen Rider Gaim leaves a lot to be desired, nearly every character sucks or is completely braindead. At least I can give that it's a really pretty show.

*Daigo Kiryu & friends maybe if the script is feeling generous but we will never let you forget that top billing goes to our god-king Lord Kiryu
Isn't the red ranger usually the spot of focus, barring character development episodes for the others?

D-vid

Post by D-vid »

I liked it. The finale was great. Apart from Daigo beating Deboss alone in space sacrificing himself oh no he didn't he got saved by the ZyuDen Ryu.

Now that ToQger. It feels very old school sentai. The way their uniforms look, how they act and especially the giant robo. I don't like that much how the robo looks but that's okay.

TheOtherMC

Post by TheOtherMC »

Gaim is progressing in wonderful, wonderful directions. The X Wizard movie wasnt that great but it had its entertaining moments. Plus they brought back Beast into active duty by having him swipe a handful of Helheim fruit that Chimera apparently likes better than Phantom Mana.

Shoolis

Post by Shoolis »

ToQger is shaping up very nicely so far. From what has been shown about ToQ6, it should get much more interesting.

Game Angel
sugoi ranger

Post by Game Angel »

D-vid wrote: Isn't the red ranger usually the spot of focus, barring character development episodes for the others?
Sometimes that's the case case, in a (bad) script. But ToQger is far from bad. I haven't really seen anyone shunted out of development yet because there's a dude that wears red. And Right seems like a laid back enough dude that he doesn't fit one of the red archetypes that kinda (indirectly) demands attention. It's actually really refreshing. Especially helped by the fact that they're not officially referred to by their colors, just numbers.

I also really like Akira/ToQ6 so far. He's like a reverse Kickhopper.

--
In unrelated sayings please watch Kamen Rider Black and Black RX. It's kinda dated but that doesn't really harm my enjoyment. some of the costumes/special effects are derpy but i don't mind one bit
also minami is top toku husband/best eyebrows

Game Angel
sugoi ranger

Post by Game Angel »

Quietly gathers Akira into toku wife category along with bugwife and trainwife

Terraem
sideburn king

Post by Terraem »

I don't see why you would. It's not like any of them have kicked anyone into the sun lately.
Why Would You Do That?!
Skypuh: Same as username!