So How About Them Tokus

Let me tell you about my Doctor Who/Adventure Time crossover AU highschool fanfiction
iconsting

Re: So How About Them Tokus

Post by iconsting »

So I might be missing something here, but why is it that Koda hasn't adapted to modern times? He wasn't frozen or anything after he bonded to his energem (unless that blue cgi light meant to imply that he was), so he should have more exposure to the modern world than any of the other rangers, yet he can't even form a sentence properly. I don't know if there's going to be some explanation there, but I took away from the episode that he's been alive and conscious for all the time between the flashback to the present day.

We do get the consolation of seeing Yoshi Sudarso tearing off his shirt at the drop of a hat, so I can't complain too much.

AquaBat

Post by AquaBat »

Maybe he lived in the cave until modern times?

iconsting

Post by iconsting »

Maybe, but I doubt he'd spend thousands of years without ever leaving the cave.

Shoolis

Post by Shoolis »

I'm going to guess that at some point Koda got frozen or trapped in a tar pit or something similar to that. Also I'm going to call it now and say Koda's little brother is going to come back and be a ranger

Or maybe he'll stay dead. Good job Nickelodeon for bringing some weight to the character
This is for you King Ghidorah....

iconsting

Post by iconsting »

I'd imagine the first one is more probable. We should be getting the cyan ranger reveal soon, and I doubt Saban would let a kid die, even if it's an implied death.

Shoolis

Post by Shoolis »

Well episode five of dino charge revealed that Koda was frozen in a glacier, and apparently he can read so that mystery is solved.
This is for you King Ghidorah....

AquaBat

Post by AquaBat »

It also revealed that you can break mind control by skateboarding

Radical, dude

Oh, yeah, and some unimportant shit about how Chase got his energem or whatever

Game Angel
sugoi ranger

Post by Game Angel »

Koda, Amazon, and Jan Kandou need to become friends and kick monster booty and go out for burgers together.

also yoshi sudarso with or without a shirt is very yes and makes me question whether i really have a sexuality or not (i still dont think so i would freeze up if i met the actual person)

AquaBat

Post by AquaBat »

It's been a while but new Dino Charge episodes are airing

There's a new Ranger in town, the Gold Ranger, Ivan

Ivan is a knight who was absorbed by Fury long ago after he had found the Gold Energem, now he's been freed by the other Rangers and joins them

He commands the powers of the Pteranodon, and uses his Pterazord which can transform into the Ptera Charge Megazord

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

So how about them Kamen Riders.

I finally got into them a few months ago. Watched, OOO all the way through as my first. Loved it; love the three side split off, loved the way the villains act with each other, and loved Eiji to death. I even bought an OOO driver.

Then I moved on to W and Fourze; which I am also very much enjoying both of them. Though, I'm liking Fourze more because it's more lighthearted.

I've read through this whole thread and I'm a little disappointed nobody has brought up how awesome it is in an OOO movie how they brought Nobu-fucking-naga back to life and turned him into a Kamen Rider.

Game Angel
sugoi ranger

Why no Tesla soul?

Post by Game Angel »

iconsting wrote:I'd imagine the first one is more probable. We should be getting the cyan ranger reveal soon, and I doubt Saban would let a kid die, even if it's an implied death.
No god no please I don't want another little child who turns into an adult sized Ranger. Remember Turbo??

In other news, Kamen Rider Ghost looks cool, but I can't bring myself to care just yet. Maybe because Toei made an "Edison" power up and Edison was a dick. Japan please get over your hero worship over a person who wasn't that great.....

In the meantime I'll just watch Dino Charge. Its the best toku currently airing anyway.

D-vid

Post by D-vid »

Dragoon wrote:So how about them Kamen Riders.

I finally got into them a few months ago. Watched, OOO all the way through as my first. Loved it; love the three side split off, loved the way the villains act with each other, and loved Eiji to death. I even bought an OOO driver.

Then I moved on to W and Fourze; which I am also very much enjoying both of them. Though, I'm liking Fourze more because it's more lighthearted.

I've read through this whole thread and I'm a little disappointed nobody has brought up how awesome it is in an OOO movie how they brought Nobu-fucking-naga back to life and turned him into a Kamen Rider.
W was amazing. I couldn't really get into OOO but I'll try again. I couldn't get through the first episode of Fourze, it's just... too much.

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

D-vid wrote:I couldn't really get into OOO but I'll try again.
The way I view OOO is kinda what I call the Homestuck effect. If you don't care for the characters much you won't care for it.

Everyone is really quite interesting. If you want an interesting, slightly spoiler-y tidbit, here's this. The Greeed only do what they do because they are incomplete beings and wish to be whole again. There's really no good guy in the show because everyone is just doing everything they do because of their own desires.

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

Gaim is good?

I didn't expect it to be good.

A lot of Kamen Rider is just really good, I'm pleasently surprised.

Ghost is cool too, it's got that childhood friend love interest trope and I love it.

AquaBat

Post by AquaBat »

In the latest episode of Dino Charge, Riley demonstrates his JAPANESE STEEL FOLDED 10,000 TIMES and the bonds of friendship are cut and reformed in the span of 15 minutes. Also, Ptera Charge MegaZord Para-Raptor Formation, hell yes. And a hint at the Purple Energem???
Also, pop flyin' Birthday Riley!

In other news, because the French have been airing Dino Charge episodes several months ahead, I was just spoiled on the next Ranger's identity and now I'm mad as fuck.