Music Thread

Let me tell you about my Doctor Who/Adventure Time crossover AU highschool fanfiction
Mete

Re: Music Thread

Post by Mete »

I picked up Ministry recently, by which I mean I've just been listening to Rio Grande Blood and have barely touched the other albums.

Testament has a special place in my library though, I'll never get tired of em.

Exeres
Master of Puppets

so many bands to research

Post by Exeres »

I started on Ministry's Relapse album, the one that came out after the brief hiatus. It's basically if Rob Zombie was even heavier and more industrial. From what I've read, Ministry and Nine Inch Nails both spearheaded industrial metal, with Reznor focusing on the electronica while Jourgensen just wanted louder, faster, and heavier.

For some reason, every time I try to start Testament's Practice What You Preach I get distracted so I've only heard one song. I like it, though, sounds kind of like old Metallica.

I think next I'm going to better acquaint myself with Marilyn Manson and In Flames.
The A in this case stands for Armageddon. As in, Armageddon a boner because this plane has a fucking HOWITZER sticking out of it.

Mete

Post by Mete »

Trying to decide what albums to buy from my local record store's double bonus stamp sale tomorrow. Sotajumala's newest album will definitely be one of them.

Exeres
Master of Puppets

good thing i don't let other people decide my taste anymore

Post by Exeres »

Get ready to hate me.

Though some songs are lackluster and the whole thing kind of dies out at the end, overall I like Slipknot's new album.

If it makes you feel better, God Hates Us All is one of my new favorite albums.
The A in this case stands for Armageddon. As in, Armageddon a boner because this plane has a fucking HOWITZER sticking out of it.

Mete

Post by Mete »

I was going to put you in Exile for that, but it seems you've found the New Faith.

I don't even know where I'm going with this.

Exeres
Master of Puppets

payback's a bitch

Post by Exeres »

Just consider me a wayward Disciple.

No joke, Disciple is absolutely the best and I keep imagining fucking murdering someone while listening to it.

Mete

Post by Mete »

I do wonder if their upcoming album will be any good.

Exeres
Master of Puppets

jacksonville is going to be awesome

Post by Exeres »

I don't know, Hanneman was a main songwriter, wasn't he? New label, half the band's replaced, but then Bostaph drummed for God Hates Us All and Gary Holt is bringing stupid amounts of experience from Exodus so I'm fine with them as far as that goes.

I really should try to get more into Ministry, but Relapse was somewhat disappointing. The first few songs are great, but the intensity dies down halfway through the album and doesn't come back.

I think In Flames will be the next band I check out.

Scratch that, In Flames features that type of shrill screaming that I just can't stand.

Back to Slayer, though, "Threshold" would be the best song on this album if it was like twice as long.

Otherwise

Post by Otherwise »

So I've been asked to look into possible classical roots for this song's themes but I'm currently having zero luck doing so, particularly since a majority of the related searches I've come up with are in what I assume is Korean. Anyone know about any channels I might use to go about this?
Last edited by Otherwise on Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soapbar

Post by Soapbar »

I've been listening to "I'm Just a Singer In A Rock and Roll Band" multiple times in a row for like... the last two days.

It's a really fucking catchy song.

Liraxus
a title saying "CLODS!"

And I still don't care about anime, wow.

Post by Liraxus »

I still love the songs that my crush introduces to me, especially the Jubyphonic covers.

Exeres
Master of Puppets

i need a time turner or a delorean

Post by Exeres »

Many of the band times at this upcoming festival overlap. Some of them are ones that I need to see. I am upset.

Curly Tale

Post by Curly Tale »

I've been listening to a lot of Madeon and Two Steps From Hell.

What genre would you consider Two Steps From Hell anyway?
I have a blog that you can read if you want... http://lv2imagine.blogspot.com/
I also have a DA: http://curlytale.deviantart.com/
RubyTheMaster wrote:Grand adorableness chief Curly Tale.

Otherwise

Post by Otherwise »

Right, I find myself in need of assistance. If anyone is at all familiar with music of (I think) Scottish origin, can you help me out with finding the name of this song?

http://picosong.com/XyTg/

If not, give it a listen anyway. It's been one of my favorites for years.

Syobon
+4 to defense

Post by Syobon »

Once again heading to Graspop Metal Meeting this year. If you see any lesser known names on the linked poster that you think I should check out, let me know.