Music Thread

Let me tell you about my Doctor Who/Adventure Time crossover AU highschool fanfiction
Mete

Re: Music Thread

Post by Mete »

Picked up Primordial's new album today. It's excellent, the first song's probably the best.

Sarducar

Post by Sarducar »

Am I a horrible person? A favorite band of mine broke up. People are lamenting the loss of the female vocalist. I'm just glad I don't have to listen to her moaning listlessly into a mike anymore. :lol:
sic itur ad astra

Mete

Post by Mete »

Oh boy, this isn't good for my wallet. I've caught the headphone itch again and this time I'm looking to upgrade from my ATH-M50s to a more expensive open pair. We'll see how this goes.

Mete

Post by Mete »

I had completely missed Juno Reactor's new album (and by 'new' I mean I'm 1½ years late with this) but it's nice that there are still psytrance artists who haven't given in to the dubstep fad.

Mete

Post by Mete »

Ended up ordering these. Can't wait to try them out.

medoli900

Post by medoli900 »

*Fanboy scream*
You just let all negative emotion trapped in this spoiler escape in the world. :awesomeface:

Sarducar

Post by Sarducar »

The last song pandora shot at me sounded a lot like two robots farting at eachother.
sic itur ad astra

AquaBat

Post by AquaBat »

I believe that's a new form of metal, surprisingly enough

Exeres
Master of Puppets

maybe one day i'll get reinventing the steel

Post by Exeres »

I finally got Far Beyond Driven, which means I've got all four of Pantera's best albums.

"Use My Third Arm" is just the fucking greatest.

No, scratch that, "Becoming" is the best.

Fuck it, the whole album is golden.
The A in this case stands for Armageddon. As in, Armageddon a boner because this plane has a fucking HOWITZER sticking out of it.

MustLoveCats

Post by MustLoveCats »

I like cats.

PRAISE, FOR NO LONGER THE ALLIGATOR OCCUPIES THE FLASHLIGHT.
AwkwardSkeleton wrote:I think edits are the pennies on the railroad tracks that derail the discussion train and send it crashing through Le Great Handsome Oppressor's house.

Mete

Re: maybe one day i'll get reinventing the steel

Post by Mete »

Exeres wrote:I finally got Far Beyond Driven, which means I've got all four of Pantera's best albums.

"Use My Third Arm" is just the fucking greatest.

No, scratch that, "Becoming" is the best.

Fuck it, the whole album is golden.
Have you ever listened to their early glam stuff? When I started listening to them years back I just ignored everything that came out before Cowboys From Hell. I don't know if that was a good decision but it seems people equate Pantera with the albums from that point onwards anyway.

Exeres
Master of Puppets

more single sentence reviews to come

Post by Exeres »

I've never tried, I assume it's trash. I could be wrong. But yeah, it seems most everyone just treats Pantera as if they started with Cowboys From Hell.

EDIT: I decided I couldn't just ignore a period of history so I listened to Metal Magic. I really wish I hadn't bothered. It's painfully boring, Terry Glaze's vocals (unimpressive to begin with) are buried by the production, and overall the album sounds like a band desperately trying to ride the coattails of glam's success.

I skipped ahead to Power Metal, the first album with Phil Anselmo and the last album before the true re-debut. Much better, but still holding to familiar territory. You can tell the Abbott brothers learned how to play since Metal Magic.
The A in this case stands for Armageddon. As in, Armageddon a boner because this plane has a fucking HOWITZER sticking out of it.

Exeres
Master of Puppets

also i like nonpoint so there

Post by Exeres »

I've got a couple of "new" bands to explore in my way.

Demolition Hammer was a thrash metal band that formed in '86, released three albums in the '90s, then split. The first album is very bass-heavy, lightning fast, and reminds me very much of Slayer.

Ill Niño's early sound is basically Korn with Latino influences. Though they were originally a nu-metal band, I'm focusing on later albums that have a heavier sound more like groove metal.

Mete

Post by Mete »

I'm telling you people, the best thing to listen to on a winter day.

Exeres
Master of Puppets

holy shit ministry holy shit testament

Post by Exeres »

I'm looking into the bands that will be at this festival in Jacksonville and I'm loving so much of the music. It's a blend of industrial, thrash, groove, and nu metal. I've never even heard of some of these bands before. In some cases, it's shameless.