Music Thread

Let me tell you about my Doctor Who/Adventure Time crossover AU highschool fanfiction
Exeres
Master of Puppets

she bang she bang

Post by Exeres »

New Rob Zombie.
New Avatar.
New DevilDriver.
New Hellyeah.

Have I been a good boy this year? Is Christmas early?
The A in this case stands for Armageddon. As in, Armageddon a boner because this plane has a fucking HOWITZER sticking out of it.

Exeres
Master of Puppets

nobody will read any of this

Post by Exeres »

Album review time:

"Unden!able" by HELLYEAH: Simultaneously harder and softer than their last effort, Chad Gray seems to have written an entire album dedicated to offering a middle finger to people demanding a Mudvayne reunion. Musically, this is some of the best I've heard from the band, especially the beats by Vinnie. Speaking of Mudvayne, some of the tracks wouldn't sound out of place on a Mudvayne album, which I guess is on purpose given some remarks made by Gray to the effect of "when we started, we were trying to make it not sound like our previous work, but now we could give a fuck so this is what you get." Includes a cover of Phil Collins' "I Don't Care Anymore," which, other than being a dead ringer for Gray's current mindset, would be a take-it-or-leave-it song for me if it weren't for the fact that it features a decade-old guitar track from Dimebag FUCKING Darrell. The title track is pure gold. "Love Falls" is kind of a clichéd emo song but I can't help loving it (and maybe identifying with it) so haters can suck a bag of dicks. Really, that's the takeaway for the whole album, "Here it is if you like it, if you don't, here it is anyway, fuck you very much."

"Feathers & Flesh" by Avatar: If you don't know anything about Avatar, don't listen to this album. I say this because it will spoil you for all of their older work. A concept album/rock opera/whatever you want to call it about an owl who wages war against the world to prevent the rise of the sun, inspired by the old Aesop's fables. If the concept makes it sound too silly, you are just like me, and perhaps listening to the album will cure you of that misconception as it did me. The dynamic nature of the music is wonderful; there's fast and pounding riff-vehicles, anthems, marches, wicked interludes, and somber requiems. Colorful characters include Owl, Eagle, Bees, Wolf, Bear, Pike, and my personal favorite, The Eyes, less a part of nature and more a force representing mankind's willingness to forgo personal freedom and subserviently strike against and make war with a nebulous enemy. While listening, I've started imagining some visual adaptation that blends graphic animation and stage acting. My perception of the story's progress at times doesn't mesh with what bits of the actual story I've found, but that doesn't bother me as much as it feels like it should. I'll be looping this repeatedly for some time.

"The Electric Warlock Acid Witch Satanic Orgy Celebration Dispenser" by Rob Zombie: I mean what the fuck is up with that name. I want to love this album, I truly do, and I'm listening to it on repeat numerous times, but it's so goddamn SHORT. It's only half an hour long, in part because three of the tracks are only instrumentals lasting 90 seconds each. "Wurdalak" is practically two different songs, the two halves are so discordant, and also has the dubious honor of being the shortest song name on the album. Seriously, by the time you name all of the songs, the album will be finished. As peeved as I am about the length of the album, I'm hooked on it like a drug.

"Trust No One" by DevilDriver: Only listened to it once, not quite clicking like DD's other albums so I don't know if I'll like this one so much.
The A in this case stands for Armageddon. As in, Armageddon a boner because this plane has a fucking HOWITZER sticking out of it.

MightyMothra

Re: Music Thread

Post by MightyMothra »

Yeah so, I'm back on this again:

Finally decided to check out his album after one entire life of not thinking to do so, and it does not disappoint:

Syobon
+4 to defense

Post by Syobon »

Saw Powerwolf, Iron Maiden and Twisted Sister, among others. Powerwolf concerts just keep getting better, wouldn't be surprised if they headline Graspop in a few years. Iron Maiden was actually better than I expected, they play absurdly well live. Hard to enjoy the concert with the insanely large crowd though. Twisted Sister was apparently on their farewell tour, sad to see them go but that was one hell of a goodbye at least.

Exeres
Master of Puppets

how bad is it that metallica sounds better edited

Post by Exeres »

So while doing the usual random pointless Wikipedia surfing, I ended up on Metallica's self-titled album. I didn't realize it was over an hour long, then figured it was probably because most of the songs are embarrassingly slow, so I decided to use Youtube's speed change magic to crank it up to 1.5x speed, making it a roughly 40-minute album, a respectable length.

Guys.

It sounds like a thrash metal album.

The Nightman
Not actually a granny

Post by The Nightman »

Exeres wrote:So while doing the usual random pointless Wikipedia surfing, I ended up on Metallica's self-titled album. I didn't realize it was over an hour long, then figured it was probably because most of the songs are embarrassingly slow, so I decided to use Youtube's speed change magic to crank it up to 1.5x speed, making it a roughly 40-minute album, a respectable length.

Guys.

It sounds like a thrash metal album.
Holy shit, I actually like Sad But True when it's sped up. Never did like that song much for some reason at its original speed. Hetfield kinda sounds like Dave Mustaine at 1.5 speed because of the way it makes him pronounce things and cut his sentences off short.
[Citation Needed] wrote:I am the most least quotable person.

MightyMothra

Post by MightyMothra »

Exeres
Master of Puppets

yeah-hahahahaha

Post by Exeres »

pop flyin' Birthday to metal's resident yes-man.

Or, if you prefer, YEAH-man.

Exeres
Master of Puppets

the album is supposed to be 80 minutes long

Post by Exeres »

I swear it's coincidence that my recent posts in this thread have been about Metallica, but this needs some notice.

New single and video released today. It's not the best, but it's miles ahead from their last few albums.

flame_warp

Post by flame_warp »

https://soundcloud.com/neilcic/mouth-moods

Neil you beautiful goddamn bastard
today's nonsense of the day: is cancelled.

LucarioLuvsMinecraft
Location: I'm currently stuck on the Storm Continent. Would you like some dried berries?

Post by LucarioLuvsMinecraft »

Meh. I don't listen to much, but recently pulled out the special features of a movie and found a music video. Didn't understand much, but it was nice to listen to.

Van Halen - Humans Being.
Throw the nostalgia thrusters into overdrive and kick the CinemaSins into the backseat.
McShyGuy The Helping Toast Fairy wrote:YEAH TOAST!
This page needs more Nosecone. It does not stand up to my Nosecone to Non-Nosecone ratio.
Also my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0RJ4t ... 3qsqNTnEqw

SaintCrazy
The Real Ghost Blues

Post by SaintCrazy »

Yo I'm super late but has anyone else listened to the 4 new Gorillaz singles?

They're super good. I especially like Andromeda, something about that funky bassline, man. Also the 360/VR music video for Saturn Barz (?) was pretty neat.
↑ Let's kick the beat. ♫ (shuffle for best results) ↑

Exeres
Master of Puppets

can you protect me when i'm wrecked

Post by Exeres »

pop flyin' 50th, Layne. You're missed.

Exeres
Master of Puppets

legendary

Post by Exeres »

I was here.

Zakk Sabbath. Zakk Wylde playing Black Sabbath. Wherein all songs have 15-minute guitar solos.

Syobon
+4 to defense

Post by Syobon »

Looks like a good time!