Warhammer/Warhammer 40k Thread: Battel Bruvas Edition

Let me tell you about my Doctor Who/Adventure Time crossover AU highschool fanfiction
Scoot

Re: Warhammer/Warhammer 40k Thread: Battel Bruvas Edition

Post by Scoot »

Barring knockoffs like china man, eBay is generally a good place to start.

You can get New in Box stuff for usually around 15-20% off store prices, or you can find already built stuff for way less.

As for what you get, that's totally up to you and how quickly you would want to actually play. Battleforces and battalionsare usually good to bulk armies, and a few even start you off play-ready.
haha no

saximaphone

Post by saximaphone »

I've done my research on factions and I'[m trying to decide on what to get.
Necrons, Blood Angels, Dark Eldar, Harlequin, or some combination of the previous 2.
Anything I should know about good builds or things? I found a few already.

Sloth
Riku's favorite/American Hero

Post by Sloth »

Necrons are cooler than the other factions. Go with them.
3DS Friend Code : 3024-5725-9941

saximaphone

Post by saximaphone »

I do have a robot skeleton fetish...
Hmmm...

I was looking at Dreadnought spam for Blood Angels and those awesome Death Jesters for Harlequin/Dark Eldar. Also battle mimes.

Scoot

Post by Scoot »

Any combination of Eldar generally works really well. Although Harlequins are new and not totally playtested within the confines of their own codex, being battle brothers with other factions helps any army significantly bc you get to mesh the two and cover your weaknesses while still sharing any benefits either faction gives (warlord traits, psyker spells, other random buffs, etc).

Blood Angels are like regular space marines except faster, more melta-y, and their tac squads now get nipples on their sergeants. Most of their models are hella cool, and they have some of the best dreadnought variety in the game.

Necrons are a solid factions of hard hitting, hard to kill, and hard to intimidate robots. I think under their new codex they took a few hits, but at their core they're still the same.

Honestly just go with the one you think sounds coolest. Rules - wise everyone has their cheese, and everyone can be made viable in some way, and everyone has some sort of awesome models.

Also if you ever want to pick up a model just for the hell of it, there's always apocalypse to use them. Game mode where you can use any model from any army, and just roll with it. Not always totally balanced, but a lot of fun with friends, and you get to see some pretty interesting army combinations.
haha no

saximaphone

Post by saximaphone »

I've kinda shifted gears toward something Dark Eldar, Ork, or Imperial Knights + Vanilla Marines. Imperial Knights look badass and Orks are silly :awesomeface:

Scoot

Post by Scoot »

Fun part about Orks is that you can slap a bunch of bits and spiky pieces on just about anything and you can reasonably call it an Ork, Imperial Knights included.
haha no

Kira

Post by Kira »

Random question here.
I've gotten into the Warhammer: Conquest LCG Game lately, and I was wondering if anybody has any quality art for any of these characters.

Kith
Urien Rakarth
Starbane
Zarathur
Ragnar Blackmane
Aun'Shi
Plaguefather
Cato Sicarius
Zogwort
Nazdreg
Colonel Straken
Commander Shadowsun

I've been diving deep into the interwebs in search of some decent art but I've found so little quality images.
I'm going to be making some alternate art cards for fun. Might as well do it right.