The Legend of Korra -Get your booties in here to talk S4

Let me tell you about my Doctor Who/Adventure Time crossover AU highschool fanfiction
Otherwise

Re: The Legend of Korra -Get your booties in here to talk S4

Post by Otherwise »

I called it quits after season 2 because it was pretty awful, heard 3 and 4 were supposed to be better. Zahir was an okay antagonist, would've been better if he weren't so shallow, but am I the only person who absolutely hates the writing in season 4? It's just all sorts of lazy and the further I get the more I find myself yelling at the screen.

"Let's have Zhu Li sabotage Kuvira's superweapon testing!" <- Good idea
"We have to expose her plot somehow. I know, she'll hide the machine part in her clothes so it's easily discovered and immediately identifies her as the culprit!" ...WHAT THE FUCK?

Vax
who

Post by Vax »

BurntToShreds wrote:It would be great to see a series where there's little-to-no romance and the focus was just on a central, overarching plot and how the characters develop to respond to it, and at the end there's no magical happily-ever-after scenario where everyone pairs up into romantic couples. Plain old camaraderie as a story element feels like it's died off in a lot of media.
Late as fuck but watch Casshern Sins. One of my favorite animes
Or, y'know, whatever.

Otherwise

Post by Otherwise »

"Thank goodness, Korra can use ice to temporarily stop the mech's hand from crushing us all, buying us enough time to get out of the way!" ...WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THAT WHEN IT WAS SWATTING ASAMI'S DAD?! "Eh, reasons. Probably had some dust in her eye or something."

"Oh dear, I seem to have several Avatar-ers inside the hole that conveniently leads to an access ladder and I can't swat them anymore. Though...the hole does look to be about the same size as one of the mech's fingers...and they are just standing there..." *squish*

"Hm, they're too far inside to reach them...Oh wait, they're inside a large, metal, mobile segment of a robot under my control. Lemme just stomp vigorously on the ground a few times, see how Avatar soup tastes. Or I could smack my hand against the hole for awhile! Can't imagine that kind of noise and vibration would do anything healthy to a person. No? Just gonna send grunts out for them to defeat? Okay..."

SO BAD!