The Legend of Korra -Get your booties in here to talk S4

Let me tell you about my Doctor Who/Adventure Time crossover AU highschool fanfiction
Perplexate
Location: Somewhere nice and damp where fungus is still decomposing

Re: The Legend of Korra - Book 3: Change (Starts June 27th!)

Post by Perplexate »

A part of me really did think someone else was gonna die, it just so happened to be P'Li and that the Red Lotus really did underestimate the Avatar State. I thought that killing P'Li was a really interesting way to make Zaheer lose his earthly connections. I think there'll be a 4th season, and if there is I'm really interested in what it entails with that ending.

Also, Jinora receiving her tattoos was awesome. Although, I'm surprised there were hardly any scratches on Korra during that whole shizzam. I guess they made up for that with allocating her into a wheelchair. That was a weird sentence.

Eat_box

Post by Eat_box »

Perplexate wrote:I think there'll be a 4th season, and if there is I'm really interested in what it entails with that ending.
Apparently book 4 is already in post-production so ???

Riku

Post by Riku »

yis. But this'll be the last one.

Terraem
sideburn king

Post by Terraem »

I honestly did not expect so many gruesome deaths. Especially P'Li being made to blow up her own head completely rocked my world. Not kid friendlyat all.

I wonder what will happen to Zaheer now. Seeing as he's the only one still alive.
Why Would You Do That?!
Skypuh: Same as username!

Perplexate

Post by Perplexate »

I'm curious if that will be incorporated into Book 4, probably. I'm willing to bet he goes nuts, unless he already didn't care from cutting his tethers from his earthly connections.

ElbowPirate

Post by ElbowPirate »

I find it weird that they didn't just kill Zaheer outright as even if he's in jail he can still contact the existing Red Lotus members via the spirit world.

Also I really want the next season to go full-on NGE with Korra's emotional trauma.
3DS friendcode: 0705-2117-6179

Doormaster
Chinmaster

Post by Doormaster »

Perplexate wrote: I thought that killing P'Li was a really interesting way to make Zaheer lose his earthly connections.
except how he's still obsessed with pushing his ideology

Riku

Post by Riku »

Not only that, it was a recycling (albeit with a different outcome) of the Katara/Aang scenario involving that theme. It's not exactly a super new plot twist idea for them.

Perplexate

Post by Perplexate »

They were done in sorta different ways, except they kinda flitted around with the abandon your feelings for Katara to control the Avatar State, as well as the fact she lives. I don't think Katara's been mistaken for dead. Is that a spoiler? I'll censor it just incase.

In contrast, Zaheer assumedly loses his feelings for P'Li entirely. This whole abandon your earthy connections dealio is confusing. Though someone important to a person dying and leaving no time to mourn, because you assumedly stopped caring that moment (whether by force or by actually feeling that way is still pretty interesting. Even if it is somewhat recycled.

The Willow Witch
Tentacle Mistress

Post by The Willow Witch »

Glob dang the last two episodes really took a tern for the intense. But I can appreciate how they dealt with showing Korra dealing with the damage inflicted on her body, not just bouncing back 2 weeks later but still being in a state of being super fucked up.

I really liked what they did with the quicksilver(Mercury) being the poison, because not only does it seriously fuck up your system but it also messes with you mentally, which was what caused Korra to have terrible hallucinations. It must have been awful painful to have it metalbent out of her system.

Great Eyewarp

Post by Great Eyewarp »

Yeah...how is it that Jinora knew it was a metal-based poison? And how did they know that metalbenders could bend whatever metal was used in the poison? We already know that they can't bend certain metals. And how did they metalbend just the poison out of her system while avoiding all the iron in her blood?
The Willow Witch wrote:I really liked what they did with the quicksilver(Mercury) being the poison, because not only does it seriously fuck up your system but it also messes with you mentally, which was what caused Korra to have terrible hallucinations.
Did they say that mercury was the poison? I must have missed that; I just assumed it was something lead-based.
The artist formerly known as Sir Real

Riku

Post by Riku »

Iiiiiiit was pretty clearly implied to be mercury-based, what with the effects and the way it behaved. Jinora knew that it was metallic because she watched them use the poison on Korra with her projection and stuff. I imagine it was rather difficult to animate/color it in a way that made it look like mercury, and not just random liquid #394, which is why they had Jinora clarify that's what it was.

Also, the iron would behave differently in the bloodstream than it would in a brick. That iron is bonded to things. It is not just tiny chunks of iron floating around. It is effectively not metal anymore when it is in the blood. (Terraem or Torizo might have corrections to make with this, since Terraem is more educated in health sciences, and Tori in biology across the board.)
As far as the "how did they know they could bend it", Jinora might have forgotten/not known about the Platinum limitations.

Following the chemical trend of which metals they seem to be able to bend, "base" metals (Iron, tin, copper, etc.), which are more reactive with things in their solid forms, and thus prone to more earthiness, are the metals preferred for bending. Whereas "noble" metals (platinum, presumably gold, and to a much lesser extent, silver) are less reactive in their solid state, making them less earthy, more "pure", and a much greater obstacle to bend. Mercury in its quicksilver form would usually fall into the second category, although mercury is a component in many other minerals in nature. So we can't say for sure on that.

Reyo

Post by Reyo »

Small question pertaining to Zaheer and his whole, apparent "supermonk" status.

Most people I hear about "achieving enlightenment" take on a rather "sort your petty problems and move on" sort of mindset with respect to the universe. So is that to say Zaheer hasn't achieved enlightenment, or is he just that nosy with respect to what the rest of the world is doing?

Game Angel wrote:"I have a penis but I'm not 100% sure it's a penis"

Cakeifier

Post by Cakeifier »

Book 4: Balance airs October 3rd. Yay!

Riku

Re: The Legend of Korra -Get your booties in here to talk S4

Post by Riku »

Welp, they're definitely painting Ms. Great Uniter in a villainous light, but really, save for the questionable action of "swear your fealty to ME" rather than to the new Earth Kingdom, she's not being unreasonable.