Hurrah, A MLP Thread!

Let me tell you about my Doctor Who/Adventure Time crossover AU highschool fanfiction
vealin99
Furry Trash

Re: Hurrah, A MLP Thread!

Post by vealin99 »

I'd watch it

Winchester

Post by Winchester »

BurntToShreds wrote:
Winchester wrote:I'm really sad to see Golden Oaks Library being gone now. It was always one of my favorite locations 'cause of how warm and cozy it looks.
Never Forget.
;_;7 goodnight sweet prince

Eat_box

Post by Eat_box »

Once you start to think about it, it's actually really really sad. Spoilers

So I actually really really REALLY liked these episodes apart from the ending. It's always gotta turn into a toy commercial. The princesses' song was really good though (I like how they sang a whole song that boiled down to lol chill the fuck out), and even the generic pop-y song they like to do at the end of these things wasn't too terrible this time around. And now, I shall copy paste a bunch of things I wrote elsewhere about this episode.

Like okay there's a giant crystal tree castle in the middle of ponyville now. If you thought Twilight being an alicorn in ponyville was out of place, WELL...

Also Discord getting properly reformed was cool. Tirek was alright. Not the best villain, but served his purpose of being a big bad. Like, Chrysalis level without all the character building potential.

Also also BUY THE NEW PRINCESS TWILIGHT CRYSTAL CASTLE AND THE NEW RAINBOW POWER PONY DOLLS can we talk about how the not-horse horses and the horse horses now both have super saiyan forms?

Like, the finale was really cool and the writing was pretty nice until TASTE THE RAINBOW fixing everything. The princesses' song was nice though. That's probably the high point for me. Overall? The ending left a funky taste in my mouth but everything else was pretty dang good.

Rest in peace treebrary we knew ye well now make room for PRINCESS TWILIGHT SPARKLE'S MAGICAL CRYSTAL RAINBOW POWER TREE CASTLE NOW ONLY $29.99 EXCLUSIVELY AT TARGET I wouldn't be so upset if it didn't come out of nowhere, seem entirely unneeded, and be a giant out of place eyesore.

It also just furthers the gap between Twilight and others. Rarity has her boutique, Fluttershy has her cottage, Pinkie has sugarcube corner, Applejack has the farm, Rainbow Dash has her cloud house, and Twilight has the massive crystal tree castle the towers over ponyville.

But hey, they each get their own throne.

I just thought of something.

Where does the character of Twilight Sparkle go from here? She realized the magic of friendship, overcame however many challenges, and learned what it truly means to be a princess. Like, she was pretty certain in knowing what she's doing as a princess now. Well, until Celestia and Luna have to become the sun and moon for reasons, leaving Twilight in charge. That's like, series ending movie level though.

It not like there won't be things to write about though. There are still adventures to be had but, Twilight just sorta seems to be... done. She has her friends, she has her castle, and she knows she needs to crusade across Equestria in the name of friendship. Character wise, what happens now?

Ugh can I talk about Princess Twilight Sparkle's Magic Rainbow Power Crystal Castle again? It's just, like, why? Well, I KNOW why, but WHY? The same goal could have been achieved if the castle of the two sisters was just fixed up by the box. It would make more sense since the tree is right under it, and that way there wouldn't be a GIANT CASTLE SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS TINY QUAINT HORSE VILLAGE. But nah, gotta sell the new playset. If it's not a Canterlot Wedding Castle, or a Crystal Empire Castle, it's a Rainbow Power Tree Castle.

I am very passionate about my small horses.

In other news, rumor has it that an EQG spin-off cartoon is going to be revealed at SDCC. That's a thing.

In other other news, I don't typically like spreading this around but I run a twitter account where I pretend to be a small horse. People seem to like it.

EDIT: WAIT
The three princesses thought of everything!

...except changing their TOTALLY OBVIOUS STAINED GLASS PORTRAITS

Petah-Petah

Post by Petah-Petah »

I just realized that Tirek appeared as the "Pony of Shadows" in Castle Mane-ia... probably.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7064-2767
Wii U username: Petah-Petah
Switch FC: 1503-9360-2243
PS4 user id: Pettah-Pettah

Winchester

Post by Winchester »

If he did then how would he not know about Twilight being a Princess?

Petah-Petah

Post by Petah-Petah »

Maybe he never got a chance to actually see her or something. I dunno.

Rinoko
Shipping Guru

That climax was seriously hardcore though

Post by Rinoko »

I've been traveling the past few days, and just got to see the finale tonight, so here's my condensed thoughts.

Interesting dilemma for Twilight to be in, having a mid-life crisis at whatever age she is.

You can really tell Rarity and Luna are voiced by the same person when Luna sings in the princess song. Good song, though, I suppose.

Villain is OK, better than Sombra in that OH HEY HE'S ACTUALLY A THREAT AND HAS LINES OF DIALOGUE

SHOCKER OF THE YEAR, Discord betrays everyone. Who saw that coming? Oh, right, EVERYONE. Well, expect Winchester. lol jk ily

Wow, having Twilight gain control of all alicorn magic and not being able to tell her friends for the good of Equestria? That sounds really interesting and I hope they flesh that subplot out or else it'll be kinda stupid.

Stained glass mural why you betray us ;_;

Wow, hey, they spent like two minutes showing Twilight trying to control her powers and keeping it a secret from her friends and this wasn't fleshed out or addressed at all, this is kinda stupid. Seriously, no one's going to bring up how she lied to them all?

HOLY CRAP HE DESTROYED THE LIBRARY AND TWILIGHT SAVED OWLOWICIOUS THIS IS SO METAL

HOLY CRAP THEY'RE FIGHTING AND EXPLOSIONS THIS IS SO METAL

HOLY CRAP WHAT IS UP WITH THE RAINBOW PONY I DUNNO HAIR THIS IS SO RIDICULOUS

So....they each get their own throne now? Does that make them all princesses? What's going on?

Buy our toys! Love, Hasbro
[Citation Needed] wrote:your superinsulatory properties have always been a founding tenet of our friendship

Petah-Petah

Post by Petah-Petah »

Season 5 preview.

BurntToShreds

Post by BurntToShreds »

Petah-Petah wrote:

Season 5 preview.
It looks promising. I'm hoping for a bunch of venturing outside of Ponyville this season.
Burn 'em to shreds, tear 'em to ashes.

pikscast

Post by pikscast »

Petah-Petah wrote:

Season 5 preview.
2:00

Spike how could you
Previous wrote:
Eonymia wrote:You just had to quote the whole thing, didn't you?
You just had to quote the whole thing, didn't you?
Steam - Tumblr - pikscast#6656 (Discord)

flame_warp

Post by flame_warp »

oh dang, boners. you got the purple one, and the blue one, and pinkie pie, and the white one that is awful and i hate her, and pinkie pie, and also the rest of them.

though no seriously, good show. i watch it. i should watch the last few episodes of season 4 but i haven't yet. and my contribution is contributed.
today's nonsense of the day: is cancelled.

Petah-Petah

Post by Petah-Petah »

Season 5 teaser's on Youtube:

Rinoko
Shipping Guru

Post by Rinoko »

They're going for a darker tone?

In MLP?

Uhh.....OK then.
[Citation Needed] wrote:your superinsulatory properties have always been a founding tenet of our friendship

Winchester

Post by Winchester »

Didn't seem any darker than the darkest episodes in the past. I can't imagine the writers would be able to push it any farther than S4's finale.

Petah-Petah

Post by Petah-Petah »

New MLP Show announced: Apple Bloomers.

pop flyin' April Fools Day from MLP.

Preview here, which is NSFW? (Or not.)?