Hurrah, A MLP Thread!

Let me tell you about my Doctor Who/Adventure Time crossover AU highschool fanfiction
Rinoko
Shipping Guru

They really need to write her better

Post by Rinoko »

For the most part, I liked today's episode, but then there's also Pinkie Pie rapping.
[Citation Needed] wrote:your superinsulatory properties have always been a founding tenet of our friendship

Petah-Petah

Re: Hurrah, A MLP Thread!

Post by Petah-Petah »

I like how Applejack was the only one of RD's friends who didn't know anything about the Wonderbolt history. Kinda makes me wonder how the others know so much about it, since they don't seem to be planning to become Wonderbolts anytime soon.

Anyway, looks like there won't be another episode until April 19.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7064-2767
Wii U username: Petah-Petah
Switch FC: 1503-9360-2243
PS4 user id: Pettah-Pettah

Rinoko
Shipping Guru

10% of the episode isn't much, honestly

Post by Rinoko »

So that new episode was......something. I don't really know how I feel about it. I will say that I think the moral got a little muddled, and they should have spent a little more time with Rarity and Applejack. I know it's difficult to balance six main characters in a 30 minute time slot, but the two of them got, what, three minutes of screen time total?
[Citation Needed] wrote:your superinsulatory properties have always been a founding tenet of our friendship

Petah-Petah

Post by Petah-Petah »

It kinda bothers me that Fluttershy agreed to going to Manehattan to train the Orthros without consulting her other friends. Also, doesn't she have a whole house of animals that need her care or something?

Barabba

Post by Barabba »

天生萬物以養人

人無一善以報天

殺殺殺殺殺殺殺

Rinoko
Shipping Guru

Seriously, though, she has a great track record

Post by Rinoko »

Have we had a bad Rarity episode yet? Well, either way, I liked this one, too. I only wish that Rarity had taken a moral away from this episode as well as Spike. Something like "You shouldn't expect your friends to support everything you do" or "Sometimes things are perfect the way they are, even if you don't like it."

Petah-Petah

Post by Petah-Petah »

Probably saving that for a Season 5 episode.

Also, it's nice to see a good Spike episode again, even though Power boners wasn't all that bad either.

Eat_box

Post by Eat_box »

Spike is getting an episode next week too.

Petah-Petah

Post by Petah-Petah »

So the whole Equestria Games thing that the show was building up to for 2 seasons was basically just for one episode about Spike's performance anxiety. Yeah, okay...

Nice to see Spike is so beloved by the Crystal Empire, though.

Rinoko
Shipping Guru

Probably one that adults need to hear as well

Post by Rinoko »

The moral in this one is a rare one for kids to hear, though, and a very good one.

Winchester

Post by Winchester »

We were promised something that was going to be big and important, and when we got to it we were given a little story that could have been just as effective in another setting. The fact that something that was hyped up by the show itself to end up being completely ignored was both a broken promise and bad writing.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much to come out of the Equestria Games episode, but it certainly wasn't this.

edit: wow looking at this post again i just

talk about taking something too seriously

BurntToShreds

Post by BurntToShreds »

Season finale came out today. I have it on DVR, but I'm actually nervous about what's going to happen. Better just get it out of the way and see if the show is RUINED FOREVER or not.
Burn 'em to shreds, tear 'em to ashes.

Winchester

Post by Winchester »

Maybe I'm just dense as all fuck but I didn't see Discord's betrayal coming. Then again, it was nice to see him get more development and show that he could still fall back to his old ways. Only problem I had was that it seemed like he was forgiven too quickly after he realized his mistake, but this is MLP so eh I suppose that's okay.

Probably my favorite wasthat battle between Twilight and Tirek hoooooly shit so good
Too bad the Rainbow Power thingy stuff was even uglier than I was expecting. I'm not looking forward to seeing it again even though we probably will since it seems to be the replacement for the Elements.

I'm really sad to see Golden Oaks Library being gone now. It was always one of my favorite locations 'cause of how warm and cozy it looks.

Petah-Petah

Post by Petah-Petah »

Winchester wrote: Too bad the Rainbow Power thingy stuff was even uglier than I was expecting. I'm not looking forward to seeing it again even though we probably will since it seems to be the replacement for the Elements.
It looks pretty ugly alright. I hope it won't bother me too much in the upcoming seasons.

Also, that fight between Twilight and Tirek was way more intense than what I expect out of this show.

That said, this was pretty decent finale imo. Can't wait for Season 5. Perhaps we'll actually meet Scorpan in it.

BurntToShreds

Post by BurntToShreds »

I thought Discord being let off the hook made sense because they saw that he got tricked and that he seems to be genuinely sorry and has learned his lesson, as well as the fact that they brought up at the end that he's still relatively new to the whole friendship thing.

I was caught by surprise by how fucking awesome that fight was, holy shit. I was not expecting a fight of that animation quality and length in this show, honestly. Kudos to the animation team for pulling that off.

The Rainbow Power made me cringe even harder than I thought it would. Rainbow Dash's hair especially, what the hell?
Winchester wrote:I'm really sad to see Golden Oaks Library being gone now. It was always one of my favorite locations 'cause of how warm and cozy it looks.
Never Forget.
Petah-Petah wrote:That said, this was pretty decent finale imo. Can't wait for Season 5. Perhaps we'll actually meet Scorpan in it.
My dad works at Hasbro and he says that the Season 5 premiere will have The Smooze in it.
Burn 'em to shreds, tear 'em to ashes.