Western Cartoons/Comics

Let me tell you about my Doctor Who/Adventure Time crossover AU highschool fanfiction

Spin the Wheel of Morality?

Yes.
87%
No.
13%

Total votes: 194

BurntToShreds

Re: Western Cartoons/Comics

Post by BurntToShreds »

After the atrocities that were Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, the current showrunner has done his best to separate the current series from the worst aspects of those two. It's worked very well so far.

I'm most excited for Star Wars Rebels as far as upcoming action cartoons go. I'm hoping for a big turnaround in quality from the Clone Wars. Greg Weisman is on-board, so the writing should be better than CW at the very least...

In more depressing news, Pixar's laying off employees due to problems with their upcoming movie The Good Dinosaur.
Burn 'em to shreds, tear 'em to ashes.

Game Angel
sugoi ranger

Post by Game Angel »

I just saw the Cat Fingers episode of Steven Universe and it was...kinda weird and disturbing and freaked me out a little. I suppose it's kind of a given that weird shit will happen every once in a while given magic is a big deal in the show but it seems like a real cop-out for plot or development if the "woahh weird wacky stuff is going on that sure is unusual" angle is used too much. I don't think the majority of the series will be like that though, if the other episodes I saw are any indication.

Terraem
sideburn king

Post by Terraem »

So far I think Steven Universe is a mix of magic weirdness, him being a goofy kid and showing that he's still unconventionally good at the whole magic hero business. I really enjoy it, especially how the gems have drastically different and interesting personalities. They've been really well developed, like how the way they summon their weapons corresponds with certain chakras and such.
Why Would You Do That?!
Skypuh: Same as username!

hotb
lord shitpost

Post by hotb »

I watched the Secret of Kells today

I enjoyed the magical other worldly feeling and accurate representation of nords as giant faceless murderers

The background art was really nice sometimes like when they were climbing the trees and stuff but sometimes it looks a bit cheap

The film had a small budget but c'mon having the same texture over wood and stone looks naff
100% Medically Accurate

Omnithea
Executive Producer

Post by Omnithea »

Mass Murder Mystery would be a great band name.
Character is what you are in the dark.
1461-6648-8346

Barabba

Post by Barabba »

So, what would be some good Marvel comics for a guy (me) who doesn't read comics at all?
天生萬物以養人

人無一善以報天

殺殺殺殺殺殺殺

BurntToShreds

Post by BurntToShreds »

The latest run that Venom had was good; look for the series by Rick Remender and Cullen Bunn if you want to check it out. It's a nice take on the Symbiote as well as the character wearing (and at times being worn by) it.

That's the only comic I think I can really recommend right now. I would tell you to read the current Deadpool series for its impressive "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" story arc that's actually rather serious, but the problem is that you'd have to read the rest of the comic and deal with humor that gets annoying at times (or all the time if it's not your cup of tea) to understand what's going on.
Burn 'em to shreds, tear 'em to ashes.

Barabba

Post by Barabba »

I think this one looks promising as well.
The Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man with a new guy as Spider-Man sounds cool, too much Peter Parker.
天生萬物以養人

人無一善以報天

殺殺殺殺殺殺殺

Syobon
+4 to defense

Post by Syobon »

Daredevil is great.
Also check this shit out.

Barabba

Post by Barabba »

Yesssssss, thanks a bunch!
天生萬物以養人

人無一善以報天

殺殺殺殺殺殺殺

Mr. Mander
how much is a score

Post by Mr. Mander »

So if you've been here long enough you may recall the days when I would gush endlessly about Wakfu and how great it is.

WELL GUESS WHAT

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/183 ... ted-series

Now it's got a Kickstarter for an English dub, so you can GIVE IT YOUR cheddar, thus ushering in the second age of Mander Not Shutting Up About Wakfu.

hotb
lord shitpost

Post by hotb »

if wafku is so gr8 why wasn't it in english to start with

check mate buddy pal guy
100% Medically Accurate

Terraem
sideburn king

Post by Terraem »

I just finished watching Justice League: War. The action was really well done and they managed to keep it interesting despite the fact that most of the movie actually consists of Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Superman, Flash and Shazam (Captain Marvel) hitting mooks and Darkseid a lot.

I got to say though, I really don't care for the new characterization as according to the reboot they did. It especially stands out with Superman, who is now an arrogant jerk, and Wonder Woman, who pretty much only cares about fighting anymore and thinks it's perfectly normal to point a sword at whomever she's talking to at the time.
Why Would You Do That?!
Skypuh: Same as username!

Liraxus
a title saying "CLODS!"

Gotta read fast

Post by Liraxus »

So I got Issue 59 of Sonic Universe...and...

Oh dear god.

It's a sequel comic to Shadow the Hedgehog.

Oh boy, THIS is gonna be interesting for all the wrong reasons...

Fubar'd

Post by Fubar'd »

You know, I actually want to go back and watch Young Justice some. I watched it a while ago with my brother, and we both found it surprisingly good with a blend of characterization, story and action. Reminds me an awful lot of Justice League *obvious comparison*

Aside from that, I miss Courage the Cowardly Dog. I kind of wish there was a more "final" episode than the Perfection one :?