Doctor Who

Let me tell you about my Doctor Who/Adventure Time crossover AU highschool fanfiction
[Citation Needed]
I'll cite your sources

Re: Doctor Who

Post by [Citation Needed] »

D-vid wrote:The scrapyard in Totter's lane, I. Chesterton as head teacher of the school, the science assistant with asthma having the scarf, heh.
Were there more things like that I didn't notice?
At the beginning with Kate Stewart on the bench, she says something like "The ravens are a bit sluggish. Have Malcolm change the batteries."

Malcolm. The nerdy fuck from the Planet of the Dead 2009 special.
Of all the characters for a namedrop.

The whole thing with Elizabeth I: Remember in Amy's Choice?
"Did he ever tell you about Elizabeth the First? Well, she thought she was the first."

Before leaving, 10 tells 11 he is "glad his future is in safe hands". 1 tells 5 the same thing in The Five Doctors.

And there's the "I don't want to go", "he always says that" reference to 10 regenerating.

Before regenerating, 8.5 says his body is wearing a bit thin, same words 1 said before regenerating. He also says he hopes for less conspicuous ears this time. In the first episode of the revived series in 2005 (when 9 checks his face in the mirror in Rose and Jackie's apartment), he plays with his earlobes.

I noticed the Black Archive has River's red heels from the Byzantium, and my bro noticed they have also got the Magnet Clamps from the episode with the Daleks and Cybermen, where Rose gets stuck in the other universe.

When the Doctor calls the scientist guy, his phone number is the same as it was in The Stolen Earth, which is a nice bit of continuity. The small things that count.

I also liked the scenes of destruction on Gallifrey. The uncloaked and destroyed grey cylinder TARDISes, another nice bit of continuity.
Lordy wrote:i also fear you
Rinoko wrote:You old saggy titted witch

Great Eyewarp

Post by Great Eyewarp »

So apparently spoiler tags don't hide links. Huh.

Also, it seems that some aliens from Day of the Moon will reappear in the Christmas special. Odd, I don't remember any aliens in Day of the Moon...
The artist formerly known as Sir Real

Omnithea
Executive Producer

Post by Omnithea »

Sir Real wrote:Odd, I don't remember any aliens in Day of the Moon...
That's not right...Ood. It's spelled Ood.
Character is what you are in the dark.
1461-6648-8346

Turbro
Master of Seduction

Post by Turbro »

Putting aside stupid jokes about the Silence I am sad that the second worst moffat monsters are coming back to be beaten to death some more on the heels of this actually good episode.

Great Eyewarp

Post by Great Eyewarp »

TurboPunz wrote:the second worst moffat monsters are coming back
I don't recall seeing those clown things from The Beast Below in the trailer. Or did you mean Prisoner Zero? Clockwork Robots, perhaps? Because I don't recall seeing them there either.

Turbro
Master of Seduction

Post by Turbro »

I meant the Silence. I'm less dissatisfied with them as monsters and more with their usage.
LET'S SET UP THESE THINGS FOR THE WHOLE SEASON whoops lets take care of that
LET'S BRING BACK THESE MONSTERS FOR THE FINALE whoops lets remove their ONE ABILITY they have

Great Eyewarp

Post by Great Eyewarp »

It's been a while since I last saw The Wedding of River Song, but didn't they have eyepatches or something that made it so that they couldn't forget the Silents?

Oh, and for the record, the Silence is the name of the organization; the monsters themselves are called Silents.

So as if I needed to ask, what do you think are the worst monsters? The clown things I mentioned?

Turbro
Master of Seduction

Post by Turbro »

Sir Real wrote:It's been a while since I last saw The Wedding of River Song, but didn't they have eyepatches or something that made it so that they couldn't forget the Silents?
Yeah that's what I mean. Their ONE POWER was completely nullified in that episode which made their presence there have....what significance, exactly?
Sir Real wrote:So as if I needed to ask, what do you think are the worst monsters? The clown things I mentioned?
Weeping Angels.

I'm limiting this to the Moffat era, though. RTD had plenty of shitty monsters. Like that one spider woman in The Runaway Bride that did nothing but eat scenery the whole time. Or the Slaveen (who were redeemed in the second episode by not being a big fart joke)

D-vid

Post by D-vid »

If they were kept consistent, Weeping Angels would be great monsters.
But then they made the Statue of Liberty one and it only went downhill.
The only part that's cool about them still is that they don't move while they're in the shot even if the characters are not looking at them, because you are looking at them.

Great Eyewarp

Post by Great Eyewarp »

But...but...they can still shoot lightning and stuff...

Honestly, I still don't mind the Weeping Angels. I just wish their abilities were more consistent. Yes, their last episode was unbelievably awful, but I don't think it really harmed their reputation (except for the whole statue of liberty thing); it just severely tarnished Moffat's reputation as a remotely competent writer. I still like the Weeping Angels. I just want them in the hands of a writer who knows what he's doing.

I really don't think that World War Three alone redeems the Slitheen. They were still total jokes; the only improvement was that they weren't fart jokes. And no, Boom Town didn't do them any favors either. The only good thing about that episode was the Doctor's amusing date with Blon Fel-Fotch Passameer-Day Slitheen. Hope I spelled that right...

Turbro
Master of Seduction

Post by Turbro »

Oh right I keep forgetting that the first Slitheen thing is a two parter. So the one where it's just the Welsh woman. They actually make her a competent threat for a while.

Great Eyewarp

Post by Great Eyewarp »

She was never a competent threat, but at least she was entertaining.

D-vid

Post by D-vid »

Turbro
Master of Seduction

Post by Turbro »

Okay so do I stop watching the show altogether until a writer who isn't a piece of human shaped waste takes over, or should I slog through more poorly written plot devices and inconsistent characters with massive plot holes every other line

creakyAccordion

Post by creakyAccordion »

I mean I stopped after season 5 and my life has been better for it so
Great Job!

3DS Friend Code is 4742-5561-2615. If you add me send me a PM so I can add you back c: