Movies

Let me tell you about my Doctor Who/Adventure Time crossover AU highschool fanfiction
[Citation Needed]
I'll cite your sources

Re: Movies

Post by [Citation Needed] »

Well, there were 14.6 million possible ways for the Thanos fight to play out. As time passes, the number of possibilities shrinks and shrinks as decisions are made and potential futures cease to be possible. It would take well into a long fight scene after various tactics have been tried and failed before someone with knowledge of possible futures could even hope to nail down the best possible one, and what steps they had to take to get to it.

Then again, it's a film about wizards, scientists, and aliens fighting against a purple space ork with a ridged nutsack chin, so logic may be a bit of a stretch.
Lordy wrote:i also fear you
Rinoko wrote:You old saggy titted witch

Exeres
Master of Puppets

pop flyin' mothers day

Post by Exeres »

This is vaguely relevant to movies.

Two Scoops of Fruit: My mother almost tricked herself into watching Ready Player One instead of Avengers
Two Scoops of Fruit: I asked if she wanted to go see a movie, she told me to guess which one she wanted to see, I jokingly suggested RPO, she said wow that's right good guess
Two Scoops of Fruit: So I was settled all day for the disappointment of having to watch Willy Wonka and the Internet Factory before I tried to hammer out details
Two Scoops of Fruit: And she finally said, AFTER I figured out showtimes and everything, "we're not actually watching Ready Player One right? You're taking me to see Avengers, right?"
The A in this case stands for Armageddon. As in, Armageddon a boner because this plane has a fucking HOWITZER sticking out of it.

Wesley Foxx

Post by Wesley Foxx »

More IW spoiler talk whee

I think there's the whole factor of Thanos confronting Tony, coming to respect him, and choosing to spare him from the snap of hemiomnicide, and Tony's involvement afterwards will be a major factor in securing victory.

Also I'd say there's probably still going to be consequences for what's happened; Yeah, people will be brought back, but that doesn't mean all of them, or that nothing has changed by them being gone for a while, and so on. If they DID pull some sort of total "undo all of the bad stuff with no consequences whatsoever", that I'd cry foul at, but I really don't think that'll be the case. This is too perfect of a scenario to adjust the status quo of things, let some people go who want to move on from their roles, etc.

Exeres
Master of Puppets

can't wait to see the next one though

Post by Exeres »

Wesley Foxx wrote:I think there's the whole factor of Thanos confronting Tony, coming to respect him, and choosing to spare him from the snap of hemiomnicide, and Tony's involvement afterwards will be a major factor in securing victory.
Thanos doesn't pick and choose who lives or dies from the gauntlet's SNAP. If he does, he's an extreme hypocrite, because his ENTIRE GOAL was a completely random and fair culling. He spared Tony from dying immediately, in that moment, but he could still have disappeared after the culling. Thanos showed mercy at every opportunity, as a matter of fact. He knew what his actions would lead to and I think he wanted to leave as many of his opponents alive so they would be dealt with randomly, as he wanted.

Regardless, I'm sure the next movie will absolutely do that moment justice, it was just a pick I had to nit.
The A in this case stands for Armageddon. As in, Armageddon a boner because this plane has a fucking HOWITZER sticking out of it.

Wesley Foxx

Post by Wesley Foxx »

I mean. I thought Thanos said something along the lines of sparing him with regards to "when I wipe out half of the universe", not that it matters; Something something predestination something something timetravel. As long a Thanos chose to spare him long enough for the snap, he would survive it, because he had to, because Strange is playing with timelines to ensure eventual victory here.

Exeres
Master of Puppets

get memed

Post by Exeres »

Syobon
+4 to defense

Post by Syobon »

I thought for a second that Thanos was killed with the Infinity Snap as well, that would have been cool.

Ersatz

Post by Ersatz »

I watched two movies today, which I think is as many movies as I had watched in the previous 5 years or so.

First one was Monty Python's Life Of Brian. It was nice, more cohesive and satisfying than Holy Grail but less memorable I think. I probably would have enjoyed it more had I been able to make out more than half of the dialogue. The combination of bad audio quality, people talking over each other while pulling shrill voices or funny accents and my own lack of experience with fast spoken English and especially British English didn't help. It had more full frontal nudity than I expected.

Second one was The Room. I expected to laugh more. The scenes without Tommy Wiseau were repetitive and dragged forever but the ending was worth it.

[Citation Needed]
I'll cite your sources

Ersatz wrote:First one was Monty Python's Life Of Brian. It was nice, more cohesive and satisfying than Holy Grail but less memorable I think. I probably would have enjoyed it more had I been able to make out more than half of the dialogue. The combination of bad audio quality, people talking over each other while pulling shrill voices or funny accents and my own lack of experience with fast spoken English and especially British English didn't help. It had more full frontal nudity than I expected.
Bad audio quality? I watched it quite recently and didn't have any audio quality problems. At least, no more than normal for a late 70s production.

Also yeah there are so many voices they do, and also the sheer variety of British accents.

Still, best part of the film is hands-down Biggus Dickus.

Ersatz

Post by Ersatz »

[Citation Needed] wrote:Bad audio quality?
Well the version I saw anyway.

[Citation Needed]
I'll cite your sources

Just saw Detective Pikachu.

Overall, I enjoyed it! The two main human leads aren't the BEST actors, but after a bit you stop noticing it.

The credits have an anime version of Bill Nighy.

LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

Yeah, it was a fun film. Felt really weird that the richest man in the city was a disabled guy and his only pokemon caretaker was a ditto who pushed his wheelchair. Missed opportunity for involving pokemon in more aspects of life, like the medicine field.