Movies

Let me tell you about my Doctor Who/Adventure Time crossover AU highschool fanfiction
Great Eyewarp

Re: Movies

Post by Great Eyewarp »

Galaxy Man wrote:saw kubo and the two strings

to call it a masterpiece in artistic direction would be a discredit to how wonderful it was as a film, no part of it falters, none of it feels forced or contrived, it is consistently and constantly one of the best films i have ever seen
I'm not sure I'd call it one of the best films I've ever seen, but it's definitely one of the best-looking. This had better win Best Animated Feature.

So apparently people are boycotting Rogue One?
The artist formerly known as Sir Real

Kamak
Riku's other favorite

Post by Kamak »

It's movie nerds with a bone to pick that the main heroes aren't starch white males doing all the big impressive stuff. Just like they boycotted The Force Awakens because either the girl or the black guy was going to be a jedi and that was unthinkable. The only difference now is that people are tying Trump into it and getting his supporters to boycott the film by drawing parallels between Trump and the empire and saying it's anti-Trump propaganda.
-K-
ImageImage

Great Eyewarp

Post by Great Eyewarp »

So they're just now figuring out that the people who make Star Wars might not like their kind?

Pfffffffffft.

Riku

Post by Riku »

So, this could have gone into the vidya board, because of the tie-in, but just watched Kingsglaive, and Sloth and I are highly disappointed that Nyx was not the protagonist of the game. He was the best protagonist I've ever seen for a FF thing. Also, intermixed with the dramatic bits, there were these brief moments that were like a game of "Count the references to previous FFs"

Mother.
Fucking.
Ultros.

Crazyking

Post by Crazyking »

Rogue One is beautiful. It felt like a Star Wars movie while still having its own unique identity. I really enjoyed how Vader was portrayed, as it was similar to the recent Marvel comics interpretation. like when he choked a dude and told him not to choke on his dreams of power. There were also a bunch of nice references to other things, such as Chopper, the droid from Rebels, appearing in the background on Yavin IV, or the use of a Hammerhead class ship.

The Nightman
Not actually a granny

Post by The Nightman »

I watched Grave of the fireflies. I've not really cried in at least 5 years, but that made me do it. It's been about 20 minutes now and I'm still choked up. As an older brother, it really hurt me to watch it.
[Citation Needed] wrote:I am the most least quotable person.

Airra

Post by Airra »

I watched that after clicking a the Random button on an anime site a bunch of years ago. It was very difficult to watch.
Don't blame me; I voted for Kodos.

[Citation Needed]
I'll cite your sources

Post by [Citation Needed] »

Arrival was good.
Lordy wrote:i also fear you
Rinoko wrote:You old saggy titted witch

The Nightman
Not actually a granny

Post by The Nightman »

Airra wrote:I watched that after clicking a the Random button on an anime site a bunch of years ago. It was very difficult to watch.
Yea, it's the first movie to ever make me break down like that. A lot of movies have made me choke up a bit, but it actually made me lie down and cry for a bit. Probably didn't help that I had just gotten done with a 10 hour shift at work and had only gotten 5 hours of sleep the night before.
[Citation Needed] wrote:I am the most least quotable person.

LucarioLuvsMinecraft
Location: I'm currently stuck on the Storm Continent. Would you like some dried berries?

Post by LucarioLuvsMinecraft »

So I watched Hacksaw Ridge.

Wow.

Wished I'd seen it sooner. First war movie has set the bar Oscars high.

Also, has anyone decided to put cheddar into buying Surf's Up 2: Wavemania? Cuz I won't until it drops to $5, and then I'll buy it from some nut on some used items website so someone got more cheddar out of it.
Edit: Plot please? Wikipedia won't put in the effort into telling it.
McShyGuy The Helping Toast Fairy wrote:YEAH TOAST!
This page needs more Nosecone. It does not stand up to my Nosecone to Non-Nosecone ratio.
Also my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0RJ4t ... 3qsqNTnEqw

Great Eyewarp

Post by Great Eyewarp »

Life (2017) - dir. Daniel Espinosa

Exeres
Master of Puppets

i am loving this poster

Post by Exeres »

Anyone else hype?
The A in this case stands for Armageddon. As in, Armageddon a boner because this plane has a fucking HOWITZER sticking out of it.

Great Eyewarp

Post by Great Eyewarp »

So is that supposed to have something to do with the Stephen King series? Because it's been a long time since I read the 1st book, but I don't recall there being any big cities in it.

In all seriousness, Life may not have been terribly original, but at least it was a better Alien movie than…well, anything after Aliens. I was going to say Prometheus, but pretty much the whole series has been terrible since the abysmal mess that was Alien3. And let's be honest, Life will probably end up being better than Alien: Covenant, too.

It's a slasher flick in space with Lovecraftian themes of cosmic insignificance. Not anything really special, but I'm glad I saw it.

Exeres
Master of Puppets

last time around

Post by Exeres »

Great Eyewarp wrote:So is that supposed to have something to do with the Stephen King series? Because it's been a long time since I read the 1st book, but I don't recall there being any big cities in it.
You need to read the rest of the series then, because not only do modern cities end up becoming important settings, the movie is actually a sequel rather than an adaptation.

IN OTHER STEPHEN KING NEWS:

I don't even like horror movies and I'm excited.
The A in this case stands for Armageddon. As in, Armageddon a boner because this plane has a fucking HOWITZER sticking out of it.

Wesley Foxx

Post by Wesley Foxx »

Guardians 2. Hella sweet. Definitely the most solid description I've heard of it is that it is Empire to the first one's New Hope. Great, possibly better, same characters and universe and whatnot, but also a much different feeling movie.

I've been listening to the soundtrack for like a week now; They're not songs I really knew offhandedly as well as the first volume but I think I like them more. It's definitely made Come A Little Bit Closer into one of my favorite songs just from the glorious scene using it. I also actually know what Brandy is about, thanks to it being used in the movie, and they do a great job at tying it in.

SPOILERS FOR PLOT POINTS AND ENDING TIDBITS THAT ARE COOL BUT SPOILERY.
I caught on pretty quickly when he said he was Ego Quill, "wait, like Ego the living planet?" Then they get there and it's like "Oh, okay yeah, that's where they're going with it, cool."

I was sad but not surprised when Yondu died just because of the whole plot point of Stallone's character talking about him being denied funeral stuff. A bit obvious of a checkov's gun there. Also, his whole ending clip thing crew are the original Guardians, and the one guy's using magic like how Doctor Strange did it which is really cool.