Movies

Let me tell you about my Doctor Who/Adventure Time crossover AU highschool fanfiction
El Mexicano

Re: Movies

Post by El Mexicano »

Rinoko wrote:I also got a free ticket to go see BVS so that may be fun.
Heh, how did that go?

In other news, Civil War is Godlike.
Have you ever suddenly remembered that you had an account in a forum from a webcomic you read eight years ago and decided to swing by?

SaintCrazy
The Real Ghost Blues

Post by SaintCrazy »

Saw Civil War this weekend, aka Everything Would Be So Much Simpler if Bucky Just Died Already

But the main thing I got from it is that Black Panther is hella cool and I can't wait for his own movie. T'Challa is bae <3
↑ Let's kick the beat. ♫ (shuffle for best results) ↑

Valbrandur
Punthusiast

Post by Valbrandur »

SaintCrazy wrote:Saw Civil War this weekend, aka Everything Would Be So Much Simpler if Bucky Just Died Already

But the main thing I got from it is that Black Panther is hella cool and I can't wait for his own movie. T'Challa is bae <3
Don't blame poor Bucky for Hydra's sins

Galaxy Man

Post by Galaxy Man »

yeah but everything would have been so much simpler if bucky just died already

or if, fucking alternatively, they had taken him back to stark and had bucky explain that there were more super soldiers, which at worst would have meant they lock bucky away again and someone looks into that.
^it's a tumblr link oh geez^
oh man is this a steam profile

Bappie
Explosive Penguin Enthusiast

Post by Bappie »

I just watched a movie called Dragon Warriors.
It seemed so freaking cheesy at the start but as it went on I loved it more and more.

And the Dragon lives so that puts it way up on the list of movies I love.
ImageImageImage

Wesley Foxx

Post by Wesley Foxx »

Rinoko wrote:Wow OK Zootopia was way better than I was expecting.
Its out on DVD now so I saw it. Twice. Pretty much in a row. It was very good. Reading the backstory about how the city developed makes me appreciate all that insane detail all the more and makes me regret not having gone to see it on the big screen, if nothing else, for that train scene near the start. SO PRETTY.

SaintCrazy
The Real Ghost Blues

Post by SaintCrazy »

Holy shit has anybody here seen the Bruce Lee movie "Game of Death"? It's on Netflix, the bf and I watched it thinking "oh, just some random Bruce Lee movie, classic, you can't go wrong with that, right?" ....we were so, so, so wrong.

Basically, Bruce filmed like half an hour of fight scenes for this movie before he died. Originally they were gonna scrap the movie but the producer said "Nah, fuck it, we can make this work". The end result being that 2 different guys played the protagonist Bruce Lee was meant to play for the majority of the movie, even though only Bruce was credited. They sloppily attempted to hide the fact that these dudes were not Bruce Lee at all, usually by having him wear giant sunglasses, keeping his face in shadow, cutting to generic clips of Bruce's face every so often, and even (worst of all) using a goddamn cardboard cutout of his face at one point. We did not know this going into this movie. We just glimpsed the cardboard cutout in the first 10 minutes and were like wait, what the fuck is going on here... oh shit it's fake Bruce Lee.

Se we watched every minute of this movie just to see what shitty ways the producers tried to mask this guy's face. They even worked it into the plot by having the protagonist get shot in the face and having to get "reconstructive surgery... he may never look the same again". I'm fuckin' dead at this point man, how'd they get away with this shit? And I didn't realize until the very end of the movie when they FINALLY used Bruce Lee's fight scenes that the other guys' fighting styles are so incredibly different too.

But the real, actual, heart-stoppingly worst part? When the protagonist faked his own death, they used ACTUAL FOOTAGE from Bruce Lee's ACTUAL FUCKING FUNERAL. You could see where the footage got slightly grainier and where they cut to the actors.

Later we had a fun time on IMDB learning all the stuff I have just told you guys here. Apparently a lot of actors turned down roles in the film because they thought it was "disrespectful to Bruce Lee's memory". No shit???

On one hand, I'm offended. But part of me is glad I learned a lot more about historic, shitty movies.

SaintCrazy
The Real Ghost Blues

Post by SaintCrazy »

Wooooow I cried my eyes out in Finding Dory, man. Hoo buddy. Lots of touching moments.

The part where it revealed the parents had been lining up shells every day for the last year+, holy shit I lost it.

The whole movie really captured all the nuances of taking care of someone with a disability/mental illness. Plus the fact that all the fish in the aquarium had something wrong with them too really added to that message of everybody having something to offer.

Crazyking

Post by Crazyking »

Just watched Ghostbusters (the new one), and it was good, proving once again that bad marketing does not make a bad movie. bodaciously everyone in the theater laughed out loud at least once, which is more than most comedies can say.

Liraxus
a title saying "CLODS!"

Post by Liraxus »

Fantastic beasts and where to find them looks great, always did enjoy the cgi they created for the Harry Potter movies, just never enjoyed the serious nature of the later ones.

Syobon
+4 to defense

Post by Syobon »

BurntToShreds

Post by BurntToShreds »

Reviews for Suicide Squad are coming in, and it doesn't look good. Consensus seems to be that Margot Robbie as Harley and Will Smith as Deadshot delivered on their roles, but it wasn't enough to hold up the rest of the movie.

Right now I'm waiting for the movie to come out so I can 1.) See the movie for myself and 2.) Take a look at what other people on social media say, because I noticed a running theme back when BvS came out.

People felt the need to qualify themselves as "genuine" fans of DC by saying things like "I totally love DC's animation work, though!". That kind of talk gets on my nerves because it usually means that they liked Batman The Animated Series, Justice League back when they were on TV and that's it. I'd love to see people put their time and cheddar where their mouths are; see them go out and buy or rent some of DC's recent direct-to-video features. I'd like to hear about them binge-watching Young Justice on Netflix and watching Green Lantern: The Animated Series on iTunes, or giving the premiering-soon Justice League Action.

I'm fine with people disliking a movie. I'm not fine with people disliking a movie then mumbling something about Bruce Timm in an attempt to make it something more than that.
Burn 'em to shreds, tear 'em to ashes.

BurntToShreds

Post by BurntToShreds »

So Sausage Party is getting good reviews. Apparently, wafer-thin religious allegories wrapped in a layer of sex and violence that could've only come from someone with the mind of a 12-year-old is all you need to get the critics eating out of the palm of your hand.

What's next, is someone going to unironically recreate the film "booty" from Idiocracy?
Burn 'em to shreds, tear 'em to ashes.

Galaxy Man

Post by Galaxy Man »

saw kubo and the two strings

to call it a masterpiece in artistic direction would be a discredit to how wonderful it was as a film, no part of it falters, none of it feels forced or contrived, it is consistently and constantly one of the best films i have ever seen
^it's a tumblr link oh geez^
oh man is this a steam profile

Wesley Foxx

Post by Wesley Foxx »

Rented and watched Warcraft. Plot was incredibly weak and jumpy, world looked cool but we see basically none of it except the humans and the invading orcs. I also have no idea how someone who wasn't familiar with the plot could have followed along with stuff like mak'gora (which I think was only once clarified as "trial by combat")

Also I was personally disappointed that the golem he was making didn't turn out to be The Curator, because it looked like it could have been, and would have been an amazing reference.