Movies

Let me tell you about my Doctor Who/Adventure Time crossover AU highschool fanfiction
Exeres
Master of Puppets

the hal 9000 reference was a nice touch

Post by Exeres »

Saw Oblivion, that sci-fi movie with Tom Cruise. Aside from being able to guess every plot twist early on (the ones that weren't given away by the trailers, that is) it actually turned out to be good.
The A in this case stands for Armageddon. As in, Armageddon a boner because this plane has a fucking HOWITZER sticking out of it.

Tetrunes
Dances-With-Bots

Re: Movies

Post by Tetrunes »

If anyone hasn't seen it, Clue is on Netflix, and I recommend it.

It's like a comedy version of "Would You Rather" that came out before the movie?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Tetrunes
Marcato wrote:How am I supposed to see tacos in these conditions?

Sloth
Riku's favorite/American Hero

Post by Sloth »

Saw Ironman 3 last night
Was great until the last 10 minutes
3DS Friend Code : 3024-5725-9941

Superior Bacon
Most Important Member

Post by Superior Bacon »

i saw memento the other night, it's really good. trippy as fuq man.
[5:06:23 PM] Yeili: this is kind of cool, i've beaten a murderer in mario party.

Reyo

Post by Reyo »

Sloth wrote:Saw Ironman 3 last night
Was great until the last 10 minutes
Did you remember to stay after the credits?

Because had you done so, I don't think you'd be trashtalking the last 10 minutes.

Because the real "last 10 minutes" are fantastic...

Game Angel wrote:"I have a penis but I'm not 100% sure it's a penis"

shazza
Future Farm Bone Overlord

Post by shazza »

people who leave before the credits are over at marvel movies just

YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS BY NOW
Image Image

Mr. Mander
how much is a score

Post by Mr. Mander »

IM3 kind of subverted that though because it didn't lead in to another movie or anything

It was just a fun little scene

shazza
Future Farm Bone Overlord

Post by shazza »

yeah i don't stay because they're teasers, i stay because there's still shit to see haha. i like that more films are doing that these days. i always stay to watch the credits anyway, especially for animated movies because i feel the artists deserve SOMEONE to see their name (plus i deeply respect those people,) and i think it's a nice way to get more people to do the same.

since some other plans fell through we went see cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 today and ughhhhh what i would give to be on the creature team for that movie ;o; it was so cute and whimsical i liked it a lot
Image Image

Blitz Walrus
Heavyweight Champion of the Forum

Post by Blitz Walrus »

that wikileaks movie pisses me off. I don't know exactly why.
And i really want to go see Cloudy Meatballs 2, gotta find people first.

Lambeth

Post by Lambeth »

Saw Princess Mononoke. Man that was depressing.

FMAWolf

Post by FMAWolf »

So Turbo was in the dollar theaters and I decided 'why the hell not' and went to see it.

...daisies I did not expect that to be as good as it was I really really liked it.

Wow that snail is fast

Rinoko
Shipping Guru

Strawberry Fields Forever

Post by Rinoko »

We watched a ton of movies on the band trip this weekend, so I'll give quick opinions of the ones I hadn't seen before.

Shaun of the Dead: Decent, had some funny moments. Honestly, I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to it.

Across the Universe: OK, I liked a lot of the remixed Beatles songs, but DANG what is going on in this movie?!?

Mean Girls: Funny, but SERIOUSLY overhyped. It's good, but not amazing.

Step Brothers: Guys, I've seen Will Ferrel's testicles.. I don't feel safe anywhere anymore.

World War Z: Oh my gosh those zambos are making the STUPIDEST FACES. Also clicking.

Halloween(for five minutes before everyone started complaining that they didn't want to watch it): This has got to be the highest number of sexual references I've ever heard in the span of five minutes.

Pitch Perfect: Again, liked the music quite a bit, but I really didn't like many of the characters. Also quite overhyped.

Oh, and I guess I saw the 10 minutes of Up that I'd never seen before. So yeah.
[Citation Needed] wrote:your superinsulatory properties have always been a founding tenet of our friendship

FlyingGiraffe

Re: Strawberry Fields Forever

Post by FlyingGiraffe »

Marcato wrote:Shaun of the Dead: Decent, had some funny moments. Honestly, I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to it.
You go fix that right now son.

And exactly what 10 minutes of Up are we talking about? Cause that could have been a mild misdemeanor or a serious crime.
[img]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s233/Mr-McShahoozlefitz/MGS2StillmanFace-1.png[/img]

Rinoko
Shipping Guru

Post by Rinoko »

I'm not saying Shaun of the Dead was bad. In fact, I'd watch it again, if only to be able to critique it better. The thing is that it was 9 PM, I was on a bus full of band kids, I was tired, and I was playing Pokemon. Not an ideal movie watching scenario. What I remember was decent, but that's only because I was only watching like less than a quarter of it.

And the 10 minutes of Up I'd never seen was the part where they just got to South America, before they meet Kevin and Dug.
[Citation Needed] wrote:your superinsulatory properties have always been a founding tenet of our friendship

TheStranger
Eternal Ray of Sunshine

Post by TheStranger »

Shaun Of the Dead IS pretty great, I especially like how in the ending everything just goes right back to normal once everyone gets used to the zombies, like a week later. Its extra hilarious if you remember that Romero style zombies ARE actually pretty harmless as long as you dont let them trap you, theyre too slow to be any sort of threat if they dont have you surrounded. Dawn Of the Dead is a perfect example of that.
http://tapastic.com/series/WinterOfDiscontent

3DS Friend Code: 5301-0698-1791