Steven Universe thread: Take a moment to think of feels

Let me tell you about my Doctor Who/Adventure Time crossover AU highschool fanfiction
flame_warp

Re: Steven Universe thread: Take a moment to think of feels

Post by flame_warp »

Mumbles, pokemon speak, and being mute are different than a full-fledged other language. If it was at least consistent it would seem less weird.

And while SU has been...strange about geography, I wouldn't really expect them to make their own normal-ish human race.

Besides, Steven himself has shown confusion at Onion and his gang. Of all people, Steven would know enough about people from other countries to not be so weirded out by him.

Also, you cut that quote off right at the first part, when it was mostly the fact that they all both have some variation on not speaking english AND they're all named after foods that seem weird to me.
today's nonsense of the day: is cancelled.

Cori
jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan

Post by Cori »

Maybe it's just a running gag in a children's cartoon and the kids are just weird little kids.
[8:18:42 AM] Joh Terraem: Cori, I've always found your encyclopedic knowledge of dicks to be quite charming and repulsive at the same time

flame_warp

Post by flame_warp »

If this was a show other than SU (Aside from maybe Gravity Falls) I'd believe that. But it is SU.

Look, I'm not saying you're an idiot if you don't think somethin's up. It's just that, personally, I think there is.

Galaxy Man

Post by Galaxy Man »

yellowtail has the same kind of speech that onion does, and onion very definitely has parents who very definitely are his parents.

so onion is just a weird kid.

and he has weird friends.

there really is quite bodaciously nothing more to look into on this. SU doesn't pull random shit out like that, onion being weird has very much been stated to just be onion being weird, and not him being particularly special or whatever. he's just another side character.
^it's a tumblr link oh geez^
oh man is this a steam profile

Cori
jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan

Post by Cori »

flame_warp wrote:Look, I'm not saying you're an idiot if you don't think somethin's up. It's just that, personally, I think there is.
I MEAN no one said you were implying that you thought we were idiots. But you sure seem to think that we think you're implying something. Are you implying something?
[8:18:42 AM] Joh Terraem: Cori, I've always found your encyclopedic knowledge of dicks to be quite charming and repulsive at the same time

D-vid

Post by D-vid »

Galaxy Man wrote:yellowtail has the same kind of speech that onion does, and onion very definitely has parents who very definitely are his parents.

so onion is just a weird kid.

and he has weird friends.

there really is quite bodaciously nothing more to look into on this. SU doesn't pull random shit out like that, onion being weird has very much been stated to just be onion being weird, and not him being particularly special or whatever. he's just another side character.
That's what Rebecca Sugar wants you to think.

BTW, how cool of a name is Rebecca Sugar? It's like she was born to make cartoons.

flame_warp

Post by flame_warp »

So, the minisodes happened.

Do they need spoiler tags?

I won't bother with spoiler tags.

Gem Karaoke: Aww. Also, how the hell are they getting away with Amethyst? Blatantly almost swearing in Last one out of beach city, flaunting her fucking booty at Pearl (Followed by Pearl basically going 'bitch my EVERYTHING is sexy whatchu got')? I love it and I'm glad they're not getting censored, but how

Steven Reacts: BETTER GET THE BLOODY DUCT TAPE! God, did you have to finish off Sardonyx's hit, Steven? Geesh...

Video Chat: Why Lapis is best gem

Cooking with Lion: Well that's something I never expected to see referenced.

Steven's Song Time: Fuck, my feelings. The transition into we are the crystal gems at the end, too, just...agh, why you gotta play me like this Aivi and Surasshu/Rebecca/Whoever wrote it I dunno

flame_warp

Post by flame_warp »

In this episode, Peridot tries to teach a dog to say 'clod'.

That is absolutely everything of import. Yep. All of it. Definitely.

Amayirot Akago

Post by Amayirot Akago »

Carl is Steven's uncle? Oh my.
LockeZ wrote:[Metal Gear Survive is] probably the only game I know of that is actually about awkward zombies. Or, to be more precise, it's awkwardly about zombies.

Chloemew

Post by Chloemew »

I'm reviving this thread to say WHITE DIAMOND THO

Oolrich

Post by Oolrich »

The next episodes can not possibly come out soon enough

TOO MUCH CLIFFHANGER
When you play the bassoon all life's other bassoon just seems to bassoon into bassoon

Tales
(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*・

Post by Tales »

Chloemew wrote:I'm reviving this thread to say WHITE DIAMOND THO
White Diamond is giving me major Glados vibes from Portal, something strange is definitely up with her!

Lordy

Post by Lordy »

The way I read her she's more of a narcissistic parent, ignoring and belittling her "child's" emotions and talking over him. It's hard to tell with such a short few moments of screentime, but that's sorta the vibe I get.

MDude

Post by MDude »

My take is that she might be an an elaborate, souped-up version of Pearl's holo-Pearls, only able to perform a handful of tasks, with the actual White Diamond out lost somewhere.