Over Analysing - Web Comic Reviews

Let me tell you about my Doctor Who/Adventure Time crossover AU highschool fanfiction
rj_hogan

Over Analysing - Web Comic Reviews

Post by rj_hogan »

Hello there,

I've started up a web comic review site called Over Analysing (http://www.overanalysing.com). It's pretty new, only nine reviews up there so far but I review one web-comic a week (new reviews out every Monday) so plenty more coming.

I only review web comic's I like and would recommend to a friend, which isn't to say I like them unreservedly but I think they're well worth a read.

I think there will be some that some of you are already familiar with, I saw that someone posted a thread on Unsounded which was actually the first comic I reviewed, but also perhaps some that will be new to you as well. If you have read the comic already maybe check out the review and let me know how I did - I love constructive feedback!

Cheers,

R J Hogan

Shad
being a gentleman is my jojob

Re: Over Analysing - Web Comic Reviews

Post by Shad »

Just so people don't report this thread, our pal RJ Hogan here asked for permission before posting this thread, so there you go! Give 'em a visit while you're at it.

Airra

Post by Airra »

I don't normally read reviews of things until I get to the end of it myself (backwards, I know), so I went ahead and read the review for Unsounded.

I found it to be very well written. It told the general idea of the kind of story it has, what one should expect and, most importantly, didn't have a single letter of spoilers.
I don't normally read reviews of things (aside from the Laconic page on TV Tropes) because I've run into a few that managed to take away from the experience, but as far as I can tell, I won't have to worry about that from what I saw in the Unsounded review, so I think I'll go read the others soon (I only stopped because the computer crashed when I finished reading, actually).

And now I've reviewed a review.
Don't blame me; I voted for Kodos.

rj_hogan

Post by rj_hogan »

Thanks for the visit and the kind words Airra.

Yeah, I hate spoilers, so I've tried very hard to avoid giving any away.I try to focus more on the type of comic it is, how it's delivered (pacing, development of characters), and as you say the ideas of the comic.

Hope you enjoy the other reviews!

Rinoko
Shipping Guru

Post by Rinoko »

I read the Ava's Demon review. Pretty good review, man. My one suggestion would be that you go a little more in depth as a whole, but it's still not bad at all.
[Citation Needed] wrote:your superinsulatory properties have always been a founding tenet of our friendship

rj_hogan

Post by rj_hogan »

Just giving this a little bump, hope that's OK.

Loads of new reviews posted, up to 21 in total. I have reduced the frequency down to a review every couple of week (or so, latest one was a bit late) as it was proving a bit too much otherwise.

If you'd like to get a notification when I post a new review follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/OverAnalysing

Cheers,

Rob.