Other WebComics

Let me tell you about my Doctor Who/Adventure Time crossover AU highschool fanfiction
NaraStrex

Re: Other WebComics

Post by NaraStrex »

Cori wrote:Why did you quote your own post
I thought I hit edit my bad, was just trying to fix a few spelling errors

Sarducar

Post by Sarducar »

I'm sad that ava's demon isn't updating much now. I know why and I can't complain, but it still bothers me.
sic itur ad astra

TheStranger
Eternal Ray of Sunshine

Post by TheStranger »

PvP is doing a Night Court storyline. Like, Night Court

No one under 40 is going to get this
http://tapastic.com/series/WinterOfDiscontent

3DS Friend Code: 5301-0698-1791

Cori
jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan

Post by Cori »

Gunnerkrigg Court hurts too much to read anymore.

And it's magnified by the comic only updating one page at a time, every few days.
[8:18:42 AM] Joh Terraem: Cori, I've always found your encyclopedic knowledge of dicks to be quite charming and repulsive at the same time

Dedivax

Post by Dedivax »

GC theory time! What if Reynard isn't obeying "Anthony" because Annie told him to obey her father?

Exeres
Master of Puppets

either seems likely right now

Post by Exeres »

Are you suggesting Anthony isn't Anthony, or that Anthony isn't her father?
The A in this case stands for Armageddon. As in, Armageddon a boner because this plane has a fucking HOWITZER sticking out of it.

Cori

Post by Cori »

I think that would be a really cheap copout. Sometimes an abusive father is just an abusive father, and no amount of wishing will make some new, great, nice dad magically appear.

Unless you're implying that Eglamore might possibly be Annie's biological dad, in which case: ????????? Interesting idea, but still kind of a copout.
[8:18:42 AM] Joh Terraem: Cori, I've always found your encyclopedic knowledge of dicks to be quite charming and repulsive at the same time

NaraStrex

Re: either seems likely right now

Post by NaraStrex »

Exeres wrote:Are you suggesting Anthony isn't Anthony, or that Anthony isn't her father?
I just read Paranaturals this week, so now i know what your avatar is from!

Valbrandur
Punthusiast

Post by Valbrandur »

It could be open to interpretation as well, Reynard might not consider him her father due to how abusive he is. He may be her biological father but he isn't a true / good father figure to Annie.

Dedivax

Post by Dedivax »

Valbrandur wrote:It could be open to interpretation as well, Reynard might not consider him her father due to how abusive he is. He may be her biological father but he isn't a true / good father figure to Annie.
Either that or him being some sort of fake (lookalike? magical clone?)

Exeres
Master of Puppets

sometimes a bad dad is just a bad dad

Post by Exeres »

I wouldn't be greatly surprised if this is some attempt by the court to rein in Annie (and even if it is really Tony that could still be true) but his doesn't really seem like unusual behavior given what we know about the guy.
The A in this case stands for Armageddon. As in, Armageddon a boner because this plane has a fucking HOWITZER sticking out of it.

Cori

Post by Cori »

Dedivax wrote: Either that or him being some sort of fake (lookalike? magical clone?)
Refer to what I said about that being a super cheap copout move. This arc has been really painful to read but alleviating the pain by doing that would really, REALLY cheapen the eventual payoff. I would lose a lot of respect for Siddel if he took that easy way out.

Vax
who

Post by Vax »

I interpereted it to mean that Annie hasn't actually given full control of him over to her father, and Renard went with Tony for Annie's sake to keep up appearances.

That or Annie isn't capable of giving full control over to her father verbally because of the stuffed animal having her sign on it. They would have to physically remove her sign from the stuffed animal, or remove Renard from the toy.

Also I wanted to adress my comments about Tony from like forever ago when this arc began. I don't want people to think that I believed Tony was completely justified in his actions. When I made my comments before, they were up to the point where Tony had confronted Annie about her grades. All of his actions up to that point were starkly, roboticaly logical actions based on that cheating issue. It wasn't nice and was quite uncalled for, but it was in line with Tony's way of behaving based on absolute logic. What followed (the more emotionally abusive behavior) was not something I condoned or believed was accetable. Tony is acting with complete unpity, which is a large part of his character. He has little to no ability to act based on his emotions, or the emotions of others (as seen in the Microsat chapter) and that seems to have only got worse with age.
Or, y'know, whatever.

Cori

Post by Cori »

I don't think anyone thought you were condoning Tony's abusive behavior! I gave him the benefit of the doubt at first too, even though the makeup thing set a sour note instantly.

Vax
who

Post by Vax »

Haha, ah gotcha! I generally have a kinda hyper-logical and literal way of discussing things, which people often mistake for me trying to justify things that are obviously shitty to do, so I was just making sure no one thought that I didn't think Tony is a scumbag.
Or, y'know, whatever.