Fallout General; or, "We Applaud Todd"

Beep beep boop
Soapbar

Re: Fallout General: That's So ED-E

Post by Soapbar »

so I'm at the point in my F:NV Explosives Character run where nothing is a threat anymore. Not even Deathclaws.

Everything just explodes.

everything

Liraxus
a title saying "CLODS!"

Post by Liraxus »

PSA time!

The first wave of Fallout 4 content has been announced, however, the Season Pass will be increasing from 30 dollars to 50 dollars, so if you want to get the DLC for a good price, then it would be best to get the Season Pass, it's already 5 dollars less than the currently confirmed DLC.

Liraxus
a title saying "CLODS!"

Post by Liraxus »

Day 10 out in the wastes, I've found the help of a doctor who took me into the mind of my good friend Nick Valentine, except uh...it wasn't his mind, it was his mind...being affected by...a mind thing...that...I don't freaking know...

After finding info on all of this, I realized that I would have to enter the Glowing Sea in hopes of locating this Virgil, my friend Nick decided to tag along for this adventure, I was going to go out in my power armor, until I figured Nick would need one for the oncoming radiation, so without a second thought, I searched for hours to find a suit of armor until I located one near Graygarden, it was old, but it still function, thus I set up Nick in the suit, and we both went our ways into the Glowing Sea.

As we went through, I saw many disturbing sights, an overturned factory, a destroyed Red Rocket, and oddly enough, Children of Atom...the cult. It was at the point of exiting the Red Rocket, I had realized a grave error.

Nick is a Synth, he doesn't get radiation poisoning.

Fuck.

Hogia

Post by Hogia »

Yeah...

I think if I remember right, he actually does say it won't be an issue for him, but you'll need protection.
On a related note he's my favourite humanoid character in the entire game.
Steam: Tracer

Toddv1997

Post by Toddv1997 »

God daisies I hate the Sierra Madre DLC. The play of it anyways, characters are neat, feel is great, but I dislike the stupid Intercoms or whatever and the dang Ghost people hit so dang hard.
MiiVerse Guy wrote:I'M A FIRIN MY WACKA WACKA! .
3DS Friend Code 2234-7988-2425
NNID Toddv1997
Xbox Toddv1997

Exeres
Master of Puppets

i'm out of things to say up here

Post by Exeres »

It's a survival horror DLC, not a shooter like the rest of the game. You're supposed to avoid engaging the ghost people, or at least use superior tactics until you've scavenged some weapons and armor.

I didn't like it the first time, but learning to scrounge and work out puzzles and shit was an experience I now appreciate, especially coming from a game that I find impossible to be bad at. Dead cheddar shares Fallout 3's one point in favor of NV, and that's resource scarcity.
The A in this case stands for Armageddon. As in, Armageddon a boner because this plane has a fucking HOWITZER sticking out of it.

Soapbar

Re: i'm out of things to say up here

Post by Soapbar »

Exeres wrote:Dead cheddar shares Fallout 3's one point in favor of NV, and that's resource scarcity.
excuse me sir, do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, The Hunting Rifle

(also I can't tell if your saying that resource scarcity is a good thing or a bad thing because of the weird wording)

iamthelordhitman
Sir Lurksalot
Location: I'm probably somewhere that you aren't, but you think I'm there, but you're not sure.

Post by iamthelordhitman »

i only had a problem with sierra on my first run through cause i was on hardcore, and did not know i could change what kind of fusion cells you could put in the holo rifle

after that it was ezy pzy
this is my tf2 shit
Mr. Torgue wrote:OH SNAP, THE MONSTER I SENT YOU TO KILL, IS ACTUALLY A MONSTER TRUCK. PUNS MOTHER FUCKER.
3DS FC: 3625-8484-5988

Liraxus
a title saying "CLODS!"

Post by Liraxus »

So how's Automatron for everyone else? The Mechanist's lair is a bitch...

Toddv1997

Post by Toddv1997 »

iamthelordhitman wrote:i only had a problem with sierra on my first run through cause i was on hardcore, and did not know i could change what kind of fusion cells you could put in the holo rifle

after that it was ezy pzy
I honestly forgot to try different cell types. That probably makes a world of difference.
MiiVerse Guy wrote:I'M A FIRIN MY WACKA WACKA! .
3DS Friend Code 2234-7988-2425
NNID Toddv1997
Xbox Toddv1997

Rinoko
Shipping Guru

Re: Fallout General: stop posting about fallout 4 it's shit

Post by Rinoko »

Hello, new to Fallout person here

I'm playing New Vegas and I don't really understand why I'm losing karma when I steal from places like Powder Ganger camps and the NCRCF?

I thought you didn't lose karma stealing from evil groups.
[Citation Needed] wrote:your superinsulatory properties have always been a founding tenet of our friendship

Liraxus
a title saying "CLODS!"

Post by Liraxus »

Karma is universal to stealing, if you steal from anything that signifies you're stealing, then your Karma it'll go down regardless. I'm gonna assume your headed to your first stop after Goodsprings. Since there are powder gangers there.

The karma gods care not for small details, only that you be true and kind...That and karma was nerfed in this game.

P.s. make sure to visit the post office

Rinoko
Shipping Guru

Post by Rinoko »

Liraxus wrote:P.s. make sure to visit the post office
Oh you mean where ED-E is? I don't have a high enough Science to fix him yet.

Right now I'm on my way to Mojave Outpost to get some more NCR troops over to Primm.
[Citation Needed] wrote:your superinsulatory properties have always been a founding tenet of our friendship

Liraxus
a title saying "CLODS!"

Post by Liraxus »

You get some pretty good stuff from doing quests at the Outpost, take your time and explore stuff, also make sure you loot that one building on your way there.

I remember when Exeres more or less gifted me New Vegas after I said I didn't like Fallout 3, that was probably the most "What the fuck how did I end up loving this game so much?" moments. It even fixed up my thoughts of Fallout 3, which I also love now.

Cori
jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan

Post by Cori »

New Vegas is my favorite Fallout game by far. I wish Bethesda would just get the hint and let Obsidian write all their games from now on ._.

Bethesda might own some great IPs but they SUCK at writing.

When I played NV I played the DLCs from Honest Hearts, to Dead cheddar, to Old World Blues and finally Lonesome Road. The juxtaposition between the super-creepy, super grim Sierra Madre setting and the campy Old World Blues setting was hilarious.
[8:18:42 AM] Joh Terraem: Cori, I've always found your encyclopedic knowledge of dicks to be quite charming and repulsive at the same time