TekkitCraft 1.0: Alphabet Soup

Beep beep boop
[Insert Fail]
Let's talk about sex.

TekkitCraft 1.0: Alphabet Soup

Post by [Insert Fail] »

SERVER IP: azcraft.net (website here (still under construction))
Admins: Brekkjern, Droolio
Moderators: n/a
SERVER SETTING: n/a - Alpha Testing

Welcome to Brekkjern's Minecraft server!

The server is currently in ALPHA TESTING. The administrators are running tests and becoming acquainted with the Tekkit 2.0 pack. After Alpha, the server will go into Beta testing. Each of these will have a map wipe after testing is over. Once Beta is finished, the official, final map will be made for everyone to play.

THE SERVER CURRENTLY HAS NO WHITELIST. Everyone is welcome!

TESTING GUIDELINES

Alpha testing is for the admins and testers to learn the ins-and-outs of Tekkit, whether it be using them in-game or altering things behind-the-scenes. Your main job is to learn the mod, find and report any bugs (make a thorough post in this thread if you find one), and basically test the limits of the server. Try and break it!

Beta testing is to test balance settings and figure out how plug-ins interact with proletariats. Your job is to report what features are imbalanced and possibly game-breaking, and test the Tekkit pack with any additional proletariats (such as Towny) and try to find any bugs or conflicts.

Please refer to Brekk's post below for more information.
Last edited by [Insert Fail] on Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:22 am, edited 15 times in total.

There are too many new people on here.

[url="https://twitter.com/InsertFail"]Twitter[/url] | [url="https://www.twitch.tv/insertfail]Twitch[/url]

Brekkjern

Re: AZCraft 1.0

Post by Brekkjern »

It has come to the point that I don't want to keep the server running in its current state. If it ran itself on donations, then maybe, but by what I have seen so far it isn't possible to make that work at all. We are shutting it down and the map is provided at this location. It will not be hosted there forever so get it while it is still there.

We will be setting up a new server and if you want to continue playing on it we might move your building over to the new map, but be prepared that the server might not be connectible for a while. The new map will be a very unique experience. We will not leak anything about it quite yet, but it will be something you probably have not seen before. Feedback on this will be greatly appreciated when we go live. We are currently looking at Tekkit for the server. This will add a plethora of proletariats to use in an easy package. Some features might be disabled though as they are dangerous for the server or because they bypass security measures or because we simply do not like it. We will have to figure that out as we go along.

The difficulty setting has (wrongfully IMO) been a highly debated issue on the previous server. The new server will most likely be set to hard. This depends on how the proletariats affect the game play. We will be adjusting this on the fly pending feedback. We will white list a few people who want to help us, but note that we will be doing this at our own discretion. If you are not white listed it does not mean you are not welcome at the server. It only means you have not been selected for our alpha testing. Beta will allow for more players, but it will still be white listed. When we finally go live, there will be no white list at all.

Donations will be an important part of the new server to keep it running. This means that certain perks will be available only to the members who donate. What these perks may be we have not quite decided yet. They will not be game breaking, but they can give an edge to the players who do donate to keep our server going. Anything from a different coloured name in the chat to abilities or areas that the non-donating players can't access. We will see. Nothing we have said here is set in stone quite yet (apart from shutting down the server) and will be changed as we see fit.

I will not be updating the thread anymore except to answer questions about the new server. As far as I am concerned, the AZ Craft server is dead. At least until someone else starts hosting it (not a very forgiving job, mind you). We will not be helping anyone keeping it running as we had more than enough work doing so ourselves.

I hope you enjoyed the server while I hosted it. If not, well... We already know who didn't. More clarification on that part isn't really needed.
Last edited by Brekkjern on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kilo

Post by kilo »

For those of you who want a place to stay but don't really want to spend the time building a home, the Hipster Ravine always has space available. I will be posting pictures of how to get there from spawn, as well as a map so you'll know where everything is.

If you want to live in the Ravine, please read the Hipster Ravine Rules! Don't freak out, there's not a whole lot nor am I asking for anything crazy.

The ravine itself is open for public use, however the community chests placed at the entrance and in the boiler room are for residents only and are up to them to donate and maintain. I don't mind giving away stuff but just ask first if you want something.
Last edited by kilo on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Droolio

Post by Droolio »

How to play an older version of Minecraft

1) Make a portable copy of Minecraft (see below) and run it for the first time to create the relevant files.

2) Download this minecraft.jar for 1.0.0.

3) Ensure Minecraft isn't running and then replace/overwrite minecraft.jar in blah\.minecraft\bin

How to make Minecraft portable

This is how to make a portable (separate, standalone) installation of Minecraft - not tied to your Windows user profile. You can have several such installations - each with their own versions, settings, modifications, etc..

1) Make a new folder (e.g. blah) and put the Minecraft.exe launcher into it.

2) Download this simple batch file and put it in the same place as the launcher.

Now, instead of running Minecraft.exe, run mcp.bat instead.
Last edited by Droolio on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Noffletoff

Post by Noffletoff »

*reserved to make me feel special*

Kalekemo

Post by Kalekemo »

Why the new thread?

[Citation Needed]
I'll cite your sources

Post by [Citation Needed] »

Because Noff no longer runs the server and everyone lost the info through the pages.
Lordy wrote:i also fear you
Rinoko wrote:You old saggy titted witch

Brekkjern

Post by Brekkjern »

So we are setting up a website for the server and as such we need content. What we need is small guides on how stuff works, like the plugins and such. If you write something and we choose to use it on the site, we will reward you with a few gold nuggets that you can use to make towns or lock chests. I will announce the site when we have gotten everything finished.

Fooflyer

Post by Fooflyer »

so why didn't brekkjem/droolio make the thread

[Insert Fail]
Let's talk about sex.

Post by [Insert Fail] »

Shrug, I just did. I'll be updating it just like the others.

There are too many new people on here.

[url="https://twitter.com/InsertFail"]Twitter[/url] | [url="https://www.twitch.tv/insertfail]Twitch[/url]

Kitsune Dzelda

Post by Kitsune Dzelda »

Hello: Id like to make my guide for Lwc, oh and my Whitelist is Dzelda Id like to come back and try my luck again.

Anywho, Lwc is a special and incredibly convienient plugin that allows you to lock chests and doors with ease. Theres actually many commands that you can access with lwc, by typing /lwc but the main commands will be listed below:

/cprivate It is often the recommended command for a chest or door, this command locks a lockable thing on the next punch. You do not need to keep punching. You wont see any physical evidence of locking though until you open said chest, whereas a message will pop up saying said chest was locked by you. It also makes your chests explosion proof, in case a griefer tries that route.

/cmodify (player here) This is a command to be used in conjunction with /cprivate and is in fact pretty nifty. It modifies the Cprivate command so that others can see and use things in your chest as well. No passwords are required, and once set the person you specify will not need to do anything to gain access to it. I suggest it greatly for friends and close ones. However, do note that to remove these modifications, you will have to use /cremove and undo the lock.

/cpassword For the trickier fans, this can be an equally saavy lock command. This SETS a password on a chest. However, if you forget said password, you have no way of recovering it again! Do something memorable but secret. Every log in you will need to enter your password, and during your session the chest will remain unlocked and accessible by only you and those who know the password.

/cunlock Cpassword is used to set passwords. Cunlock is used to unlock chests so you and anyone who knows the password can access them. You have to use this command to unlock the chest every time you log in.

/cremove This removes a lock entierely from your chest. Passworded chests will need to be unlocked before they can have this command applied to it. Note that if you use this command your chests will be open to everyone!

That said, as a mod and user, lwc is extremely simple to work with once you know these basic commands.
WHERE IS THIS MERLIN I KEEP HEARING OF

What harm could come from imprisoning a hellinternet beast every night and making it hate humanity and what it stands for?
Then we can release it back into the wild.

Lordy

Post by Lordy »

so someone called PalloKana stole everything in the left chest of the Mushroom Fortress' foyer.
Can you get on this, proletariats?

Kalekemo

Post by Kalekemo »

You said we get 5 free locks, what if we already have more than 5?

And how will we "pay" for more?

Shoolis

Post by Shoolis »

I will reserve a spot so I can get lost in this new and strange world.

I probably won't be on much this week since lolfinals but I'll try to be on semi-often.
This is for you King Ghidorah....

Brekkjern

Post by Brekkjern »

Kitsune Dzelda wrote:Hello: Id like to make my guide for Lwc, oh and my Whitelist is Dzelda Id like to come back and try my luck again.
Whitelisted. Thanks for the contribution on the LWC tutorial!