Beep beep boop
Syobon
+4 to defense

Re: FIGHTAN General - Today's word is: "RISE UP"

Post by Syobon »

Shoolis

Post by Shoolis »

I had to work and missed all the punching so now I have to wait for the VODs to come out like a tool
This is for you King Ghidorah....

Shoolis

Post by Shoolis »

Today in "weird news that revives this thread," Microsoft announced that Rash from Battletoads will be a playable character in Killer Instinct's season three. Somewhere in let's play land Diabetus is sobbing

Vax
who

Post by Vax »

Rash honestly looks like a good addition to the cast. I expected him to be waaaay too weird but it's really not too bad.

In other news Vega/Balrog/Claw/MATADORE is in SF5 and this game is shaping up to be my new favorite SF. Really hoping for Q and Urien. I feel like Alex is super likely, and I know it will never happen but I'm praying to fightan jesus for Remy
Or, y'know, whatever.

Toddv1997

Post by Toddv1997 »

Capcom showed off Rashid today. He is the first middle eastern fighter. Love his play style.
MiiVerse Guy wrote:I'M A FIRIN MY WACKA WACKA! .
3DS Friend Code 2234-7988-2425
NNID Toddv1997
Xbox Toddv1997

Vax
who

Post by Vax »

Yes Hello Hi So Yeah

I am havin a great time with SFV! I haven't posted about it since, I guess, Vega's reveal, but I've been hype for this for a good long while and I am definitely not disappointed! Only issue I'm currently having is that I have not been able to get any online matches going, but I wasn't sure if that was just my internet actin up, or a server issue.

Either way I'm super pop flyin' with the roster and the characters yet to come. Anyone else been playin today?
Or, y'know, whatever.

Raging Ghost

Post by Raging Ghost »

Anyone plans on getting Pokken Tournament?
Prosecutor at the ''I Object!'' topic: http://www.awkwardzombie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3472

Shad
being a gentleman is my jojob

Re: FIGHTAN General - Today's word is: "UNLOAD THE TOAD"

Post by Shad »

I'm impatient to see it played at least! I wonder if it'll make for a good competitive game!

In other news, Killer Instinct season 3 is getting released on March 29th, and the game will be released on Windows 10 on the same day. I'm excited to finally be able to play it!

Shoolis

Post by Shoolis »

I'm pumped for Pokken, I kind of want to play Heihachu but Chandelure is such an oddball choice that I want to main it

Shad
being a gentleman is my jojob

Post by Shad »

Aren't Lucario's paws adorable?.jpeg is such a cool looking game, and I wish I could buy it for myself.

Bappie
Explosive Penguin Enthusiast

Post by Bappie »

I went over to the Gamefaqs board for Pokken and apparently Sceptile is a difficult to use character.

I went through the entire Ferrum League using a difficult to use character?
I'm not that good at fighter games, at least I don't think I am.

The explanation over there is that Sceptile isn't as easy to use as other Pokemon due to him focusing on trapping the field, yet I had no trouble learning how to use him at all.

Also this has been stuck in my thoughts, why are Sceptile's feet more detailed than any other part of him in Pokken? It's hard to miss when you've fought over 150 battles with him.
It's like they started the model from the feet to be more realistic then after they got past the knees suddenly stick to textured cartoon model.
Especially his hand-claws.
ImageImageImage

Shoolis

Post by Shoolis »

I really want to learn how to play Suicune because BEAMS but Machamp is just too fun to learn another character. Machamp's drop kick is such a satisfying move when you land it because it has NO armor on it and does SO MUCH DAMAGE

Transdude1996

Post by Transdude1996 »

Can anyone provide some advice on being left-side challenged?

Long story short, I'm trying to teach myself how to play Galaxy Fight (This version, in case you ask). The problem I'm having is that I'm having a tough time pulling off the combos and inputs. While testing with the training dummy, I got onto the right-side of the screen and I was able to start pulling everything off with minimal ease. To make sure it wasn't a fluke, I jumped back and forth between both sides, and it seems like I do radically better on the right-side. However, I do not want to handicap myself to just that side, so I was wondering if anyone has some advice.

To answer a few possible questions, this only seems to happen in Galaxy Fight. When I'm playing BB:CS2 on my 3DS, I'm able to pull off most moves despite which side I'm on. And no, it's probably not a technical issue with the controller since I'm able to pull of the 360° moves in GF when on the right. Also, I'm a D-pad user, if that means anything.

Airra

Post by Airra »

I'm kind'a like that, but I have difficulty managing on the right and an easier time on the left.

I usually fail super move inputs on the right side in traditional fighters and somehow manage to mess up a select few things in Melee/Project M Smash, like the moonwalk input.

I blame games training me to do everything while facing right before I got into fighting games.
Don't blame me; I voted for Kodos.

Vax
who

Post by Vax »

I have had this issue in the past. It was with KoF, which is pretty notorious for it's demanding inputs. It honestly just took a lot of repetitive practice. I think it's easier to practice just doing particular special moves than entire combos. If you keep practicing things like shoryuken inputs and quarter circles until they start to feel a bit more comfortable.

Take this with a grain of salt, tho, because you're talking to a person who loves charge characters in fighting games ( in part) because of this problem
Or, y'know, whatever.