FIGHTAN General - Today's word is: "BROLY'S NIPS"

Beep beep boop
Transdude1996

Re: FIGHTAN General - Today's word is: "UNLOAD THE TOAD"

Post by Transdude1996 »

So far, been working on it and I do seem to be getting a bit better. One of the problems I found was that I was rushing the inputs. Also, it turns out the two characters I want to main (Gunter and Roomi) are opposites in where I suck. With Roomi, I play better on the right, however, with Gunter, I play better on the left. Guess it's something that I'll have to work out.

Also, onto another subject, has anyone here tried playing a fighting game with a computer keyboard? I ran past a topic discussing it when searching for screen-side challenged suggestions, and there was a whole debate going on about it. Decided to do a test run of it on Vanguard Princess because I was intrigued about the idea, and it seemed a bit like a natural feel (When I remembered to lift my fingers).

Airra

Post by Airra »

I personally really dislike playing games using a keyboard. It strains my wrists to play for more than a few minutes (I tend to play games for hours at a time (I know, probably not a good idea)) unless I set the keyboard in my lap, which isn't exactly a great solution since it takes up so much space and is really difficult to place comfortably if I'm not using a reclining chair. And it's annoying using not-computer chairs at a computer. I lose my ability to turn about.

And then that pesky Windows key messes everything up.
Don't blame me; I voted for Kodos.

LucarioLuvsMinecraft
Location: I'm currently stuck on the Storm Continent. Would you like some dried berries?

Post by LucarioLuvsMinecraft »

Airra wrote:I personally really dislike playing games using a keyboard. It strains my wrists to play for more than a few minutes (I tend to play games for hours at a time (I know, probably not a good idea)) unless I set the keyboard in my lap, which isn't exactly a great solution since it takes up so much space and is really difficult to place comfortably if I'm not using a reclining chair. And it's annoying using not-computer chairs at a computer. I lose my ability to turn about.

And then that pesky Windows key messes everything up.
Try using a computer mouse to type. No keyboard, no arrow keys just the mouse. Sit on the floor hunched over. And use an oversized laptop built for Windows 7 running on Windows 10 that randomly double clicks for no reason because the mouse you have to use is the only option (Your keypad is dead). The giant laptop will also overheat so you have to prop it up against The Goblet of Fire. You use not the best earbuds. That can break by tripping over them. Then your current conditions won't seem as bad.
McShyGuy The Helping Toast Fairy wrote:YEAH TOAST!
This page needs more Nosecone. It does not stand up to my Nosecone to Non-Nosecone ratio.
Also my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0RJ4t ... 3qsqNTnEqw

Shoolis

Post by Shoolis »

I want that Tekken, why must I suffer for another half a year while those daisies professionals get to push ALL the buttons with their hands
This is for you King Ghidorah....

LucarioLuvsMinecraft
Location: I'm currently stuck on the Storm Continent. Would you like some dried berries?

Does anyone remember The Big Gay Dance?

Anyone?
This page needs more Nosecone. It does not stand up to my Nosecone to Non-Nosecone ratio.

Airra

Post by Airra »

Bought Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- because the art style seemed interesting when I was looking up stuff for a thing I was doing and my friend has been having me trying random fighting games for a long time and I am just awful at doing combos I didn't even realize how bad I was until I started doing the challenge mode because my coordination is horrible showing that I have no idea what I am doing when trying to time inputs which turns out to be quite difficult and this sentence has no structure.

I've almost stopped laughing at all the over-the-top animations long enough to actually pay attention to the buttons, though.

Shad
being a gentleman is my jojob

Post by Shad »

Didya try the tutorials? They're pretty good!

Airra

Post by Airra »

I did, and then I got stuck on Challenge Mode trying to learn random combo things because I'm not coordinated enough to rhythmically press buttons one after the other in time to the hit confirms.

Shad
being a gentleman is my jojob

Post by Shad »

"Rhythmically" is a good way to put it - it's kinda close to learning to play a song. Practice makes perfect and before too long simple combos will become second nature if you keep it up :)

Airra

Post by Airra »

I should probably eventually invest in an arcade stick for these things. A lot of the button orders are really difficult to do properly with one thumb between four face buttons and the occasional usage of the triggers/bumpers in these games. It'd probably be closer to trying to learn a melody on a piano, then.

The Nightman
Not actually a granny

Post by The Nightman »

Anyone playing Tekken 7? It's the first fighting game that I've played past the point of just button mashing other than Smash. Having a lot of fun with it so far.
[Citation Needed] wrote:I am the most least quotable person.

LucarioLuvsMinecraft

The Nightman wrote:Anyone playing Tekken 7? It's the first fighting game that I've played past the point of just button mashing other than Smash. Having a lot of fun with it so far.
You play Smash Bros.?
Who do you main?
What game do you have?
Please tell me your favorite Final Smash is The Big Gay Dance.

I play Smash Bros as well! I have actually been playing it when I get bored of the internet, so I go online while I'm really tired and get completely owned by all the good players. It sucks.

The Nightman
Not actually a granny

Post by The Nightman »

LucarioLuvsMinecraft wrote:
The Nightman wrote:Anyone playing Tekken 7? It's the first fighting game that I've played past the point of just button mashing other than Smash. Having a lot of fun with it so far.
You play Smash Bros.?
Who do you main?
What game do you have?

I play Smash Bros as well! I have actually been playing it when I get bored of the internet, so I go online while I'm really tired and get completely owned by all the good players. It sucks.
I main Marth in Smash 4 and Project M. I have bodaciously not used a Final Smash once, so idk what my favorite is.

LucarioLuvsMinecraft

The Nightman wrote:
LucarioLuvsMinecraft wrote:
You play Smash Bros.?
Who do you main?
What game do you have?

I main Marth in Smash 4 and Project M. I have bodaciously not used a Final Smash once, so idk what my favorite is.
King Dedede's Big Gay Dance is best Final Smash.

The Nightman
Not actually a granny

Post by The Nightman »

Ok. I'll trust you on that.