Dota2 Thread

Beep beep boop
iamthelordhitman
Sir Lurksalot
Location: I'm probably somewhere that you aren't, but you think I'm there, but you're not sure.

Re: Dota2 Thread

Post by iamthelordhitman »

alliance actually have won a tourny.

sweetjesus what year is this
this is my tf2 shit
Mr. Torgue wrote:OH SNAP, THE MONSTER I SENT YOU TO KILL, IS ACTUALLY A MONSTER TRUCK. PUNS MOTHER FUCKER.
3DS FC: 3625-8484-5988

Syobon
+4 to defense

Post by Syobon »

They are unironically back until the next patch? OSFrog pls

iamthelordhitman
Sir Lurksalot
Location: I'm probably somewhere that you aren't, but you think I'm there, but you're not sure.

i like how teams still dont get it. respect ban the NP. its just what you do against them cause now the ratdog is better than ever with the octocore
this is my tf2 shit
Mr. Torgue wrote:OH SNAP, THE MONSTER I SENT YOU TO KILL, IS ACTUALLY A MONSTER TRUCK. PUNS MOTHER FUCKER.

Syobon
+4 to defense

Post by Syobon »

I think Puck is going to be my go to Invoker counter now, seems to be a very hard counter. Also, Octarine and Euls is pretty fun on him after you get your blink.

iamthelordhitman
Sir Lurksalot

why the fuck is spectre being picked so much now. i know spectres pretty cool but goddamn every game i see one its getting shit on
this is my tf2 shit

Syobon
+4 to defense

Post by Syobon »

There's this idea that she's one of the best heroes for solo carrying yourself to really high MMR. I don't think it works unless you're already 5k though, since if your team gets completely shit on the first 20 minutes you're not going to be able to do much. Better off with AM or something so you can at least split push.

iamthelordhitman
Sir Lurksalot

see that seems counter productive. every game thats like 6k and lower spectre is getting fucked, thus making you lose mmr, and even if you do raise yourself to 6K+ wow cool you can play spectre i hope you have more than one hero you can play
this is my tf2 shit

Syobon
+4 to defense

Post by Syobon »

Didn't w33ha get on Team Secret by spamming Meepo and Windranger in pubs? Any MMR above 6k mostly shows your willingness to grind, I can understand spamming heroes that are consistent to ease up the burden of carrying teammates bodaciously 1000 MMR below you.

But yeah, focusing solely on getting your MMR up isn't going to do you much good, it's better to improve your play in general and climb naturally.

iamthelordhitman
Sir Lurksalot

w33ha is the guy who also cheated aint he? or is that another dude i know there was a big stink bout it

see windranger can at least fufill multiple rows and can come back if yer shit on with some clutch stun plays/rattin it out and meepo is meepo. if you can actually play meepo well by all means
this is my tf2 shit

Syobon
+4 to defense

Post by Syobon »

That's the guy yeah.

Ey let's post some actual content here,

This is a god tier guide by ppd the man himself.

iamthelordhitman
Sir Lurksalot

so how bout that winter compendium
this is my tf2 shit

Syobon
+4 to defense

Post by Syobon »

Seems like they listened to some of the complaints about the Fall one. Did you see that new Skywrath set though? Guess that "preserving colour palettes" thing is long out of the window.

Syobon
+4 to defense

Post by Syobon »

So, Earth Spirit has 82% winrate and 97% P/B rate in MDL. Seems legit. I think OSFrog is just going to delete the hero.

iamthelordhitman
Sir Lurksalot

i knew he was gonna make a splash when he finally got added
this is my tf2 shit

Syobon
+4 to defense

Post by Syobon »

So dota 2 has managed to create the biggest drama shitstorm I've ever seen in over 5 years of following esports. Here is the gist of it:
The Shanghai Major has been an absolute disaster. The community is up in arms about it. Hour long delays everywhere, technical issues for days. James "2GD" Harding is hosting the event and has to fill up all this screentime. And he does an admirable job of doing so. Between all the negative feedback I still see posts commending him on his efforts and people being excited he's back as a host.
Day 2 of the major. Suddenly James is fired. At that time no reason is giving, or even a statement. Just James' tweet that he will no longer be hosting the event. Speculation is running wide. Did his jokes go too far? Did he offend someone off camera? Did he snort coke off the booty of the daughter of a Chinese billionaire?

Then Gabe fucking Newell himself comes out and posts this on reddit.
Outright calling 2GD a booty and in the same breath firing the production team. While the event is still in full swing.

And here is 2GD's response.

You can draw your own conclusions but personally I'm with 2GD on this one. Valve has every right to fire someone if their hosting doesn't meet their expectations and certainly James' brand of humour is not for every one. But they should have been familiar with his hosting style from the 3 other TIs he hosted and the shitton of other stuff he's done. So idk what they were expecting? Even still, that would have been acceptable (dumb, but acceptable), but the way they've handled this is hilariously unprofessional.