The Legend of Zelda

Beep beep boop
epona4

The Legend of Zelda

Post by epona4 »

So it's two days before E3...

Is your body ready?

Here are some leaks from E3 that were posted on Zelda Dungeon.
What do you make of them?
1. Zelda Wii’s official title is “The Legend of Zelda”. There will be no subtitle.
2. The game tells a story several hundred years before Ocarina of Time. It also answers the question of how the Master Sword came into being.
3. The fairy-like girl is a very important character in the game. Her Name is Zordiana.
4. The Hookshot is also in the game and it has new abilities. It will not pull you immediately to the target you aimed at. Now it is possible to swing with the Hookshot, like with the Grappling Hook from TWW. The Hookshot makes no use of Wii Motion Plus.
5. Sometimes you have to “draw” a specific symbol on a door with your sword to open it.
6. The Bow controls are very similar to the Bow controls in Wii Sports Resort, as the script shows.
7. There are two levels of difficulty. Aonuma made it though, Miyamoto didn’t want to include it. There is a Normal Mode for amateurs. The Hero Mode has no “Super Guide” included and the enemies are tougher.
8. The on-stage dungeon, which is also playable at E3, isn’t a Dungeon as we know it from the Zelda series. When entering a Dungeon, you will not notice you are in one. It will be a smooth gradation. There will be dungeons with no bosses and bosses with no dungeon. The “dungeon” you are able to play at E3 will be an ice level. It will be the first “dungeon” in the Game.

I'm still not super hyped about the new Zelda with the small amount of info there is. But let's see if that changes after E3.

I admit though that I did thrown on a huge super hype smile when I saw number 2 though. I would love to see the inspiration for the Master Sword.

Last edited by epona4 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crawfish

Post by Crawfish »

This is very interesting news. A game set before Ocarina of Time (officially anyways) is kind of a weird concept for me to grasp, but learning about the Master Sword is pretty sweet. A harder mode is also really exciting, and basically this just makes me so super psyched.

Even though I really enjoy the subtitles of the games. HOW CAN WE DIFFERENTIATE THIS ONE AND THE FIRST ONE? AHHHHH.

I'm getting a very Majora's Masky vibe though, in that they're trying some different things that will strike peoples' fancies in different ways.
please stop that right now

Unbalanced

Post by Unbalanced »

I like the concept of the on-stage dungeon. It eliminates the need to ask "why are all these keys and doors and puzzles in a specific order that just coincidentally line up for you to perfectly solve the dungeon?"
You are now manually breathing.

Mr. Mander
how much is a score

Post by Mr. Mander »

I like this "Bosses without Dungeons" idea.

I'd just love to be parading around a village and then suddenly DRAGON

Plus it'll take me a little longer to figure out how to beat them since I won't think "I got the Hookshot in this dungeon. What looks like a Hookshot point on that Boss"

impmon08

Post by impmon08 »

I don't really care for the name of the fairy girl but otherwise that all sounds incredibly awesome. also

Kalekemo

Post by Kalekemo »

Hard mode?
Yessssss

Twilight Princess was way too easy

electronic goat
BAPHOMET

Post by electronic goat »

I am SO EXCITE.
I'm playing two Zelda games already right now, the original (that will get confusing) and the Wind Waker. ZELDA OVERLOAD

lyra/dicks

Post by lyra/dicks »

Does this mean we get to see original Link, or will there somehow be Link even way before the Master Sword?

Whatever. This sounds awesome. I AM EXCITE.

Shoolis

Post by Shoolis »

I miss subtitles...
This is for you King Ghidorah....

Sloth
Riku's favorite/American Hero

Post by Sloth »

I am so excited :DDDD

I am eagerly awaiting gameplay footage
3DS Friend Code : 3024-5725-9941

Kalekemo

Post by Kalekemo »

I will secretly refer to this as The Legend of Zelda: Master Sword

Sloth
Riku's favorite/American Hero

Post by Sloth »

Yeah, I probably will too

so there isn't confusion
3DS Friend Code : 3024-5725-9941

lyra/dicks

Post by lyra/dicks »

I'll just call it
"So I was playing Legend of Zelda last night"
"Which one"
"Wii"

Crawfish

Post by Crawfish »

I mean I guess we can just call it Zelda Wii.

I GUESS
please stop that right now

Bucket

Post by Bucket »