World of Warcraft

Beep beep boop
Blake

Re: World of Warcraft

Post by Blake »

Ablu thinks that me playing WoW would be a waste of time

I want to play the trial for a month, then pay for a month.
Would I be able to legit experience most of the game with as much freetime as I can give myself in a month?(probably 24/7 play for at least 2 weeks, then slow down)

Is the game good, and worth actually playing as a new player?(I got to 20 on a Troll mage ~5 years ago)
Can mages still conjurer free bread and water for inf hp/mana?
Skype:blakesalveson | Steam:Blaust | Tumblr:Blaust | DeviantART:Bws2cool

Madican
No face

Post by Madican »

If you really want to make a go of it I can do Recruit a Friend with you. That'd give us triple experience up to 85, which is when Pandaria starts. You'd also get everything up to Cata for free, and the MoP expansion is really cheap. That'd let you speed up to close to max level quickly so you have the time to experience the new content.

And yes it is worth playing even as a newbie.

Alternatively if you want to revive your old account I can shoot you a Scroll of Resurrection and that'll allow you to boost one character of your choice straight to 80.
Stuff goes here later.

Blake

Post by Blake »

Madican wrote:If you really want to make a go of it I can do Recruit a Friend with you. That'd give us triple experience up to 85, which is when Pandaria starts. You'd also get everything up to Cata for free, and the MoP expansion is really cheap. That'd let you speed up to close to max level quickly so you have the time to experience the new content.

And yes it is worth playing even as a newbie.

Alternatively if you want to revive your old account I can shoot you a Scroll of Resurrection and that'll allow you to boost one character of your choice straight to 80.
Well, like I said, I would likely do the free trial for a month til my classes end 12/14. Then, I would play until classes begin again 1/13, to make the most out of it. :)

Or, I could just pay for 2 months and start full now. I dunno
Skype:blakesalveson | Steam:Blaust | Tumblr:Blaust | DeviantART:Bws2cool

Madican
No face

Post by Madican »

Free trial you're limited to Level 20 and some other restrictions. Recruit a Friend also comes with the same free trial, but the benefits of RAF (triple XP, summoning each other, etc) last for 90 days.

So you can play the free trial, get a handle on what classes you like, then when you're ready to start leveling you buy your first month and go from there with the bonuses.

Here, the support article explains it better: https://us.battle.net/support/en/articl ... t-a-friend
Stuff goes here later.

Ablu2

Post by Ablu2 »

I just don't get that when we played the free trial, we couldn't make a party. We had to go to a major center and beg random people to invite us to a party and then leave it so that we could be in a party together.

Like, just why would they limit that? That was one of like 3 limitations placed on the free trial. You couldn't play for more than 2 weeks, that's reasonable. You couldn't level past 20, that's reasonable. But you want to play with a FRIEND during your free trial? Nope, unreasonable restrictions that can be easily circumvented.

I just can't endorse a game that uses that kind of logic.

But seriously, it seems like it would be a cool game to play, if you have a ton of cash lying around, a bunch of spare time, and no other games to play for some reason. But paying that monthly subscription when there are better games out there? I mean I've looked at Blake's steam library and it's full of a ton of awesome games he hasn't played at all, and there are even more games for free or low prices that he could invest his time in instead.

I'm not going to stop him from playing it, but he's asked me for my opinion 100 times over and that's my honest opinion.

Madican
No face

Post by Madican »

They limited it because gold sellers would abuse the trial accounts to invite themselves to a party, form a raid, and commence raining from the sky to form corpses in the shape of website URLs.

That's only an issue when two people are using the trial together though, which is a rare occurrence this far into the game. Hence the RAF/Scroll of Resurrection options where an existing player can get a new one into the game and bypass much of those trial restrictions.
Stuff goes here later.

iamthelordhitman
Sir Lurksalot
Location: I'm probably somewhere that you aren't, but you think I'm there, but you're not sure.

Post by iamthelordhitman »

Valbrandur wrote:
iamthelordhitman wrote: blizzard said that? or your bank?
Blizzard. I haven't contacted my bank and I'm not so sure I will. I might be able to get it back but it would be a hassle and slow, things generally happen at a slow pace here.

I definitely want to play this game again though. For example, I haven't even seen the horde's side of the story despite wanting to. I am excited for the next expansion, so it'd be good to wrap things up a bit and prepare, even though I dislike Pandaria.

Only two problems problems I can think of right now, one is the isolation, I don't really have anything or anyone waiting on my return so it's up to me to find the fun.

Second would be that their obvious persuasion into making me return to the game, I don't really mind it but it's so obvious that I get the feeling that the scent of cheddar is like a sweet perfume for them.

Edit: Also, if Karazhan is getting reworked, I'll be even more excited for this expansion than before. Karazhan was one of my favourite places in the game and I would love to visit again properly.
well my credit union did it pretty quick with little hassle. they just pulled up the charges for the last 3 months and took the cheddar back basically. the age of conan people didnt really get a choice in the matter

but its all up to you
this is my tf2 shit
Mr. Torgue wrote:OH SNAP, THE MONSTER I SENT YOU TO KILL, IS ACTUALLY A MONSTER TRUCK. PUNS MOTHER FUCKER.
3DS FC: 3625-8484-5988

Valbrandur
Punthusiast

Post by Valbrandur »

Alright, got my issue sorted out. I got back 94 days and they gave me a faction change for my 90 priest as well, completely free of charge.

The GMs are much nicer than I expected. The GM which talked to me in-game was nothing but friendly and even did something I have a soft spot for, made a corny joke (a knock knock joke).

Definitely turned out better than I had expected.

I find it a bit amusing though that despite all this time, I've never seen things from horde's side at higher levels. I'll have to start a new character to see more things but I'll at least see something this way.

Madican
No face

Post by Madican »

If you like Pokemon then don't even look at Pet Battles until you're done leveling and gearing, otherwise it's going to suck up all your time. Much more addictive than one would think, especially when finding out all the different combos in the meta.
Stuff goes here later.

Sol Reaper

Post by Sol Reaper »

Madican wrote:Upside-Down Kara raid?

Upside-Down Kara raid.
Links to Twitch page.

Terraem
sideburn king

Post by Terraem »

So I'm playing for old time's sake with some friends, leveling an Alliance character for the first time. I'm level 18 now, but I really need to know: is there any FUN zone to play in?
Why Would You Do That?!
Skypuh: Same as username!

Eat_box

Post by Eat_box »

Umm... Fun low level alliance zones... Redridge is okay?

I also resubbed recently because I got MoP for $10 and WOW MONKS ARE FUN DODGE ROLLS EVERYWHERE

Zink

Post by Zink »

Terraem wrote:So I'm playing for old time's sake with some friends, leveling an Alliance character for the first time. I'm level 18 now, but I really need to know: is there any FUN zone to play in?
Well there's obviously silverpine which- oh wait, that's horde

Well, the first time through, azshara is pretty amus- oh wait, that's also horde

Well, at level 18, you're almost at the 20-25 range, so you NEED to go through one of the best zones, Hillsbrad, which is... wait, also horde.

Okay I think maybe you should just start over and choose the correct faction this time.

Dr. Glocktor

Post by Dr. Glocktor »

Darkshore, easily

One of the only Alliance zones they did right in Cataclysm

Vyndren

Post by Vyndren »

Zink wrote:
Terraem wrote:So I'm playing for old time's sake with some friends, leveling an Alliance character for the first time. I'm level 18 now, but I really need to know: is there any FUN zone to play in?
Well there's obviously silverpine which- oh wait, that's horde

Well, the first time through, azshara is pretty amus- oh wait, that's also horde

Well, at level 18, you're almost at the 20-25 range, so you NEED to go through one of the best zones, Hillsbrad, which is... wait, also horde.

Okay I think maybe you should just start over and choose the correct faction this time.
Zink, i love you man (no homo), but did i just read those words? Did you just tell me that the faction that has, fricken, wolf-people, is not the better of the two? Oh no, you are sorely mistaken. the Worgen are, and always will be, the coolest expansion race ever (followed closely by panderen). :colbert: