Avion

Re: World of Warcraft

Post by Avion »

Mete wrote: Where's my dance studio?

This may or may not be Blizzard fucking with us

Mete

Post by Mete »

Some more new character models have been leaked/shown/whatever. I'm a bit disappointed but I suppose there's only so much they can do with the ancient engine.

Female gnomes look alright and that's all I care about.

Look at that, some actual expressions.

Madican
No face

Post by Madican »

I think I'll be keeping my female gnome monk after all. Before, their models were too stocky and clunky to really show armor detail.

Now? I think I might really enjoy the new looks.
Stuff goes here later.

Avion

Post by Avion »

No more hit or expertise, YESSSSS.

I'm sure people will go on about how that's dumbing down the game, but YESSSSSSSSS.

Odds

Post by Odds »

Avion wrote:No more hit or expertise, YESSSSS.

I'm sure people will go on about how that's dumbing down the game, but YESSSSSSSSS.
amen fuck hit

Zink

Post by Zink »

Avion wrote:No more hit or expertise, YESSSSS.

Removing hit and expertise isn't dumbing down the game because they're already the dumbest stats by far.

You just need a certain, specific amount and that's it. There's no thought or strategy to it.

Mete

Post by Mete »

Reaching hit and expertise caps but not wasting stats in TBC/WotLK before reforging was a thing was a bit of a challenge.

Madican
No face

Post by Madican »

Whereas for the past two expansions it's now just a stat that either 1) you ignore 2) you don't care about going over slightly or 3) you meticulously reforge your gear to get just under/over the mark and then when you get a new piece you have to reforge every daisies piece of gear again to retain the balance.

I fall into the number two category. It's a stupid stat that is much worse at lower levels than the maximum level. No one even gems it anymore, or enchants it, since there's a boatload on the gear itself.
Stuff goes here later.

Valbrandur
Punthusiast

Post by Valbrandur »

Oh wow, discovered I forgot to cancel my subscription and this game has been charging (or at least trying to, as the card requires me to place something on it first) for a few months now.

I don't think they got through all of the months but I think they got some cheddar from me so I sent an e-mail to Blizzard support to see if I can get a refund.

I'm planning on checking out the new expansion when it comes out though. I really like the idea of going to Outlands before it was destroyed, especially Shadowmoon Valley. From the videos released so far, it looks beautiful.

iamthelordhitman
Sir Lurksalot
Location: I'm probably somewhere that you aren't, but you think I'm there, but you're not sure.

Post by iamthelordhitman »

Val if u can't get one through blizz go to your bank. I had the same problem with age of conan and was able to get 3 months of cheddar back
this is my tf2 shit
Mr. Torgue wrote:OH SNAP, THE MONSTER I SENT YOU TO KILL, IS ACTUALLY A MONSTER TRUCK. PUNS MOTHER FUCKER.
3DS FC: 3625-8484-5988

Valbrandur
Punthusiast

Post by Valbrandur »

Well, they said they couldn't offer me a refund because it was too long since the payments but they did offer me to use those months of inactivity for the future, after I start playing again I can use those inactive months for that time.

They also offered me a faction and character transfer if needed, which I wouldn't mind but I wouldn't really know where to go.

I intend to pick this up when a physical copy of the MoP arrives so I just need to contact them when that happens.

iamthelordhitman
Sir Lurksalot
Location: I'm probably somewhere that you aren't, but you think I'm there, but you're not sure.

Post by iamthelordhitman »

Valbrandur wrote:Well, they said they couldn't offer me a refund because it was too long since the payments but they did offer me to use those months of inactivity for the future, after I start playing again I can use those inactive months for that time.

They also offered me a faction and character transfer if needed, which I wouldn't mind but I wouldn't really know where to go.

I intend to pick this up when a physical copy of the MoP arrives so I just need to contact them when that happens.
blizzard said that? or your bank?
this is my tf2 shit
Mr. Torgue wrote:OH SNAP, THE MONSTER I SENT YOU TO KILL, IS ACTUALLY A MONSTER TRUCK. PUNS MOTHER FUCKER.
3DS FC: 3625-8484-5988

Avion

Post by Avion »

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/355 ... uild-17585
Phase #2801 - Karazhan Restoration
OH SNAP.

Madican
No face

Post by Madican »

Upside-Down Kara raid?

Upside-Down Kara raid.
Stuff goes here later.

Valbrandur
Punthusiast

Post by Valbrandur »

iamthelordhitman wrote: blizzard said that? or your bank?
Blizzard. I haven't contacted my bank and I'm not so sure I will. I might be able to get it back but it would be a hassle and slow, things generally happen at a slow pace here.

I definitely want to play this game again though. For example, I haven't even seen the horde's side of the story despite wanting to. I am excited for the next expansion, so it'd be good to wrap things up a bit and prepare, even though I dislike Pandaria.

Only two problems problems I can think of right now, one is the isolation, I don't really have anything or anyone waiting on my return so it's up to me to find the fun.

Second would be that their obvious persuasion into making me return to the game, I don't really mind it but it's so obvious that I get the feeling that the scent of cheddar is like a sweet perfume for them.

Edit: Also, if Karazhan is getting reworked, I'll be even more excited for this expansion than before. Karazhan was one of my favourite places in the game and I would love to visit again properly.