E3 2017

Beep beep boop
Petah-Petah

E3 2017

Post by Petah-Petah »

With E3 less than a week away, I figured it's time to make a thread for it. With the EA press conference already happening this Saturday (or Sunday, depending where you live), let's see what to expect from each press conference.

Click image to enlarge.

- A fairly big part of EA's press will most likely be spend on their sports games. Expect a lot of talk about how they improved their ball-kicking physics in FIFA 2018, and how much more realistic their football players faces look in Madden NFL 18. Perhaps more to your liking is Star Wars: Battlefront II, which is slated for this november, or perhaps either Need For Speed: Payback or The Sims 4.

- During the E3 2016 conference, Microsoft has revealed Project Scorpio, which is capable of supporting 4K gameplay as well as VR. With it launching this year, Microsoft with likely spend a good amount time showcasing their new console, as well as any VR games announced for it. Furthermore, Rare will likely be on stage to show off Sea of Thieves. Games like Forza Motorsport 7, Crackdown 3 and State of Decay 2 are also rumored to appear, and knowing Microsoft, you'll probably see something Halo-related as well.

- Bethesda has sent several gaming outlets a showcase invite, teasing two announcements.
Click image for more info

- Devolver Digital, known for the Serious Sam and Hotline Miama series, are holding their very first E3 press conference this year, right after Bethesda's. Chances are it's not gonna be a very serious press.

- PC Gaming Show will return once again this year, showing off games for PC.

- Ubisoft will show off their Nintendo Switch support, showcasing games such as Rayman Legends, Just Dance, and their big surprise reveal of Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle. Furthermore, Far Cry 5 will be shown, as well as Assassin's Creed: Origins, which should be based in ancient Eqypt this time around. South Park: The Fractured But Whole is hopefully getting a release date, and The Crew is apparently getting a sequel. Who would've thunk it.

- Sony's press conference is confirmed to be less talk, more gameplay footage, essentially like last year's Sony press. Games shown will be God of War, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, Death Stranding, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, The Last of Us Part II, Knack 2, Gran Turismo Sport, Days Gone, Spider-man, Assassin's Creed: Origins (again), and Call of Duty WWII, as well as several Playstation VR games. Destiny 2, Kingdom Hearts III and the Final Fantasy VII Remake will likely also be shown on stage, although Shenmue III is unfortunately confirmed to be a no-show, together with any Vita game announcement.

- With the Cockfighting Society Direct already dashing the fans' hopes and dreams of a mainline Cockfighting Society game releasing on Switch this year, it's time for Nintendo to show off what games WILL come out for Switch. Super Mario Odyssey, Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Fire Emblem Warriors, Pokken Tournament DX, and Splatoon 2 will all definitely be part of the Nintendo line-up, with ARMS also having a chance to show up, despite going to be released a few days after, and Xenoblade 2 also having a decent chance to show up, as it is slated to release in 2017. Todd Howard will probably want to show off Skyrim on Switch so expect to see that come up, and the rumors of Super Smash Bros coming to Nintendo Switch still haven't been dispelled, so chances are they'll reveal it this E3, together with (hopefully) Fire Emblem for Switch. Nintendo 3DS will also get plenty of love this E3, with titles like Ever Oasis, Hey! Pikmin, Miitopia, and Cockfighting Society Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

So, what are you hoping to see this E3?

3DS friendcode: 3093-7064-2767
Wii U username: Petah-Petah
Switch FC: 1503-9360-2243
PS4 user id: Pettah-Pettah

Cori
jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan

Re: E3 2017

Post by Cori »

It's a stretch, I know, but I want part of Bethesda's announcement to be "new Fallout game...brought to you by Obsidian Entertainment."
[8:18:42 AM] Joh Terraem: Cori, I've always found your encyclopedic knowledge of dicks to be quite charming and repulsive at the same time

DarkSurfer
Ordo Hereticus

Post by DarkSurfer »

doom 2 and a new (good) metroid are all I want

Fordicon98

Post by Fordicon98 »

Smash for Switch sounds like it'll probably happen, but other than that I don't know what else to really expect, especially for a thirty minute presentation.

*debates whether or not to dust off the Viewtiful Joe 3 hope placard*
Something something butts

Rinoko
Shipping Guru

Post by Rinoko »

So nothing worth watching on Saturday then, got it
[Citation Needed] wrote:your superinsulatory properties have always been a founding tenet of our friendship

Lordy

Post by Lordy »

I'd expect Pikmin 4 to be announced. It was 'almost done' a couple years ago, and presumably dropped off the face of the planet because they were retooling it for a Switch release.

Unless Pikmin 4 is Hey! Pikmin, in which case daisies.

Kamak
Riku's other favorite

Post by Kamak »

Best Buy Canada may have leaked some Nintendo Switch games that will be announced at E3

This includes Super Smash Bros., Pikmin World, and Dragon Quest XI (not IX) Switch
Last edited by Kamak on Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-K-
ImageImage

Petah-Petah

Post by Petah-Petah »

Don't you mean XI? Can't imagine them doing a port of the DS game.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7064-2767
Wii U username: Petah-Petah
Switch FC: 1503-9360-2243
PS4 user id: Pettah-Pettah

Kamak
Riku's other favorite

Post by Kamak »

I may have gotten the numbers wrong, but I thought IX and X were Wii games? In any case it was reported to be a port and I'm not entirely current on DQ info.

Edit: looking back it was XI. I blame roman numerals and 8am not mixing well. Fixing it now.
-K-
ImageImage

BurntToShreds

Post by BurntToShreds »

EA's press conference could've been better, but it wasn't a disaster.
-Leveraging eSports stuff, Twitch streamers, and YouTube influencers doesn't make for the best show of Battlefield 1.
-I'm not averse to them showing off their sports titles, because those sell well and are an important product in their lineup, but they could still do a lot better by (again) not using YouTube guys that not a lot of people know about.
-A Way Out has some neat gameplay ideas, so as long as the story's good enough to match I'll buy it.
-Anthem could be cool. People talking about how derivative it is already, but this is being made by the BioWare that made DA:I and what-not, so there's a lot of promise. I'm also just a sucker for power suits. Interested to see how they plan on leveraging the Scorpio's power in the full gameplay demo tomorrow.
-Need For Speed: Payback looks okay. No real complaints.
-Not interested in the Battlefront II campaign. They tried to hype it up but my guess is that like DICE's other campaigns it'll be highly forgettable. The multiplayer gameplay... the only way you can really show that off is with what they did there with the match going on with live commentary over it explaining the features. It's better than a pre-packaged gameplay trailer that lasts 1 minute.
-I'm rustled they didn't show off any of Visceral's Star Wars game or Respawn's Star Wars game. That was a serious misstep.
Burn 'em to shreds, tear 'em to ashes.

DarkSurfer
Ordo Hereticus

Post by DarkSurfer »

I did appreciate the self-ribbing they gave themselves over the criticism on the original Battlefront and how they're trying to improve, but we'll see how that goes. Every time they brought up a "new" feature, I felt like I sensed a slight hesitance because they knew the criticism came from "the originals all had this shit and did it great all you had to do was improve on them". Also, I say we'll see how it goes because I caught wind of them mentioning the super battle droids being a pickup, when in the original they were just the basic infantry, so they're still sticking to restricting what you can do or play as for fuck all knows what reason. If the first battlefront was ANY indication its that they need to put in MORE stuff especially after the Battlefront beta ended up being 90% of the entire game.

BurntToShreds

Post by BurntToShreds »

Xbox did well, I feel.
-Name is a bit awkward, but it's better than the "Xbox 10 S" that I saw a couple of sites predicting
-Pricing at $499 was the mainline thought among the news sites and business commentators, and it was correct. Seems appropriate given the power in it. Definitely better than the original Xbone being $500 because it was tethered to the Kinect.
-Cringe moments with showing the car and the guy commentating on that Darwin Project game. The game looked neat, but that eSports commentary kind of killed it for me.
-Metro Exodus looks gorgeous. Loved the redux version of the original as well as Last Light. Excited for this as well.
-Assassins Creed shaking things up a bit. The first one I'm interested in since a long while.
-The constant stream of games was the perfect format.
-Cuphead has a release date and Crackdown 3 has a release date. Microsoft needs to show that they can get games into people's hands and not cancel them. It's a good first step in building up confidence after Scale kind, Fable Legends, and Phantom Dust all got canned.
-As well, a game like Code Vein should help. I've been saying that Xbox needs more Japanese games, and if they can keep them coming (and they are: Valkyria Revolution and Ace Combat 7 are on their way as well), then that's good.
-Original Xbox Compatibility is good. Tons of good games there. KOTOR 1 and 2, Crimson Skies, Panzer Dragoon Orta... This gives me hope for Metal Wolf Chaos one day.
-Ori 2 looks dope.
-Anthem is beautiful, and like I said I'm a sucker for power suits.
Burn 'em to shreds, tear 'em to ashes.

Blitz Walrus
Heavyweight Champion of the Forum

Post by Blitz Walrus »

DarkSrufer wrote: Also, I say we'll see how it goes because I caught wind of them mentioning the super battle droids being a pickup, when in the original they were just the basic infantry, so they're still sticking to restricting what you can do or play as for fuck all knows what reason.
IIRC, they mentioned stuff like Super Battle Droids and Jet Troopers are earned by doing well in the game, similar to how Droidekas and Clone Commandos were in BF2, fluff wise it works too cuz Supers should be a notch above the generic droid. I think that's Temuera Morrison as the Clone voice over guy too so this one is shaping up to be more or less what the first one should've been.
BurntToShreds wrote:Ace Combat 7 on the way as well
Not soon enough, it got pushed back to 2018
:<

Exeres
Master of Puppets

whoops forgot to change this

Post by Exeres »

Blitz Walrus wrote:
BurntToShreds wrote:Ace Combat 7 on the way as well
Not soon enough, it got pushed back to 2018
:<
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BurntToShreds wrote:Assassins Creed shaking things up a bit. The first one I'm interested in since a long while.
The gameplay trailer did nothing for me. Looks like Ghost Recon: Ancient Egypt.
The A in this case stands for Armageddon. As in, Armageddon a boner because this plane has a fucking HOWITZER sticking out of it.

Cori
jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan

Post by Cori »

MORE DISHONORED!!!! AND IT'S DAUD AND BILLIE!!!

Also the Shadow of the Colossus re-remaster looks so fucking good oh my god
[8:18:42 AM] Joh Terraem: Cori, I've always found your encyclopedic knowledge of dicks to be quite charming and repulsive at the same time