Post by Shoolis »

Sounds like someone had a bad time in the car wash
This is for you King Ghidorah....

Liraxus
a title saying "CLODS!"

Re: Overwatch: Blizzard does a Pew Pew shooty game

Post by Liraxus »

Shoolis wrote:Sounds like someone had a bad time in the car wash
As a Reinhardt main, I laugh at being such a good counterpick on Sym.

Whats that, you want to attach your laser noodle to me? Well fuck you! Hammer time, bitch!

In other news, Oasis has officially released.

Turbro
Master of Seduction

Post by Turbro »

A good Winston can also pretty handily dispose of Symmetra. His weapon is a cone of damage so it takes out her turrets pretty daisies quick, and by weaving in and out of his shield he can prevent her beam from latching for long. Plus he can jet the fuck out of range if need be.

Great Eyewarp

Post by Great Eyewarp »

Loving Oasis, even if I find the idea of having a shootout in a university kinda uncomfortable.
The artist formerly known as Sir Real

BurntToShreds

Post by BurntToShreds »

I've found Attack Symmetras to be difficult to deal with given how fast her beam gains power and how sticky it is once it locks on.

In other news, Terry Crews wants to play Doomfist. I like Terry Crews, but based on his previous roles (Old Spice especially) I can't see him playing that character in a way that fits with Overwatch in general unless he tones down the usual bombastic nature of his performance, which of course is why people love him. Reinhardt's bombastic at times, yeah, but . I think it's also that the idea of a character named "Doomfist" voiced by Terry Crews gives me this Borderlands/Battleborn vibe.

A better actor/voice actor for Doomfist would be Gary Anthony Sturgis. He's got a really good voice for a villain, and he's had some experience with voice acting before in several animated Batman things.
Burn 'em to shreds, tear 'em to ashes.

The Nightman
Not actually a granny

Post by The Nightman »

I think Crews will do pretty good. He's done some less over the top roles before. The only problem I see is that he might be more expensive than other voice actors so we might get less future voice lines than we do for the other heroes.

Plus I really want to hear "POWEEERRRRRRR" when he ults.
[Citation Needed] wrote:I am the most least quotable person.

flame_warp

Post by flame_warp »

Is getting a Borderlands vibe really a bad thing?

I mean, a lot of the characters in this game are either based on or intended to draw in players of other games (Soldier with CoD, Lucio is almost certainly at least partially a jet set radio reference, Sombra probably took some inspiration from Watch_Dogs, etc.)

I feel like a borderlands-y character makes sense.
today's nonsense of the day: is cancelled.

Shoolis

Post by Shoolis »

flame_warp wrote:I feel like a borderlands-y character makes sense.

Worked out great for these guys
This is for you King Ghidorah....

Soapbar

Post by Soapbar »

I get your makin a joke but there's a lot more reasons that Battleborn failed other than it's vibe

Liraxus
a title saying "CLODS!"

Post by Liraxus »

The problem with Battleborn was the fact it was...

1. Released 21 days before Overwatch was going to be released, so the hype for Overwatch was huge, and people forgot Battleborn existed.
2. Probably just me, but the game felt very under-advertised. I rarely ever saw any adverts for the game.
3. They didn't exactly advertise the fact its multiplayer was MOBA based, and on that note, all of the characters honestly felt uninteresting and boring, my only favorite was Oscar Mike, in all honesty.
4. The games story mode is...very goddamn barebones, they're bodaciously just wave after wave of enemies trying to defend on objective, every part feels weak because the game honestly felt over-ambitious, and having to stretch out the different parts of the games honestly makes it feel weak in all of the different parts.

If you want an example of a game that does a good job at showing the best the game has to offer in all areas, just play Doom or Titanfall 2, the singleplayer and multiplayer of Titanfall 2 is wonderful, and Doom already has one of the best campaigns in ANY game of recent memory, not to mention the SnapMap was fantastic, and while the multiplayer is a bit lackluster, it's still pretty good fun.

D-vid

Post by D-vid »

Yeah, I actually like the artstyle of Battleborn, but I was going to get Overwatch and I don't really need two games of that kind at once, I already rarely have time to play OW. Also not a fan of mobas.
Overwatch also has pretty low amounts of salt comparatively to other games. Mostly everyone is nice to each other, only thing that sucks is when someone leaves in the middle of a match and no one new gets assigned.

D-vid

Post by D-vid »

Competitive is pretty fun. Started at 1088 because I lost 8/10 placement matches somehow (probably because I played on US servers and the extra ping doesn't help), now up to 1257 with... 6 wins 2 losses I think?

Great Eyewarp

Post by Great Eyewarp »

Think there might be a RUCKY Day event?
The artist formerly known as Sir Real

D-vid

Post by D-vid »

What I notice a lot is that when someone is being especially salty in chat you tend to lose. And it's that the person is salty before you lose and not the other way around.

Liraxus
a title saying "CLODS!"

Post by Liraxus »

Great Eyewarp wrote:Think there might be a RUCKY Day event?
I think in an update they said they were gonna make original events this year.