Splatoon

Beep beep boop
SleepyRiri

Re: Splatoon

Post by SleepyRiri »

OshaliteX2 wrote:[...]
Now off-topic, I feel physical internal pain whenever I see someone get 2+ splats with Dual Squelcher or Dynamo and then IMMEDIATELY use Echolocator. It just seems... dumb. Why waste it when you can only Echolocate 2 enemies? Can they not wait 5 seconds before they respawn?
Someone help me with this. This has been on my mind for a while...
"Physical pain" You need to see a doctor.
"dumb" As someone who has done this multiple times, I can attest that... it can feel dumb. However, it is not nude of logic: the Echolocator is typically a Special you have to use as much as possible, so saving it, even for a few seconds, can feel like a waste. Moreover, the remaining opponent(s) getting located is still a help for the team (including yourself).
Shameless plug of my tumbr and deviantArt.

OshaliteX2
user-title-y thing
Location: Mossdeep City. Where else? LITTLEROOT TOWN?!?! HA!!!

Post by OshaliteX2 »

SleepyRiri wrote:
Now off-topic, I feel physical internal pain whenever I see someone get 2+ splats with Dual Squelcher or Dynamo and then IMMEDIATELY use Echolocator. It just seems... dumb. Why waste it when you can only Echolocate 2 enemies? Can they not wait 5 seconds before they respawn?
"dumb" As someone who has done this multiple times, I can attest that... it can feel dumb. However, it is not nude of logic: the Echolocator is typically a Special you have to use as much as possible, so saving it, even for a few seconds, can feel like a waste. Moreover, the remaining opponent(s) getting located is still a help for the team (including yourself).
Oh okay. Sorry if I offended your skills or anything.
ImageFeed me lemons or feed me life!Image Image
*not meant to be taken bodaciously

tnt175

Post by tnt175 »

OshaliteX2 wrote:
SleepyRiri wrote:
Oh okay. Sorry if I offended your skills or anything.
Also, keep in mind that using any special automatically refill the ink tank entirely. It can be useful after I use almost all my ink to fight with my N-Zap

OshaliteX2
user-title-y thing

Post by OshaliteX2 »

tnt175 wrote:Also, keep in mind that using any special automatically refill the ink tank entirely. It can be useful after I use almost all my ink to fight with my N-Zap
What. Whoa. Wow.
I never knew that.

Lordy

Post by Lordy »

Yup. Handy for stuff like the Octobrush, which tears through ink both just by flailing it around to paint the map and by using its sub - the Kraken has saved me from many tight spots before.

Game Angel
sugoi ranger

Post by Game Angel »

It sure does feel lame to beat a team, then find out that one of their members disconnected. On the reverse it's even more painful to find out you got steam-rolled when one person DC'ed with a big fat goose egg on the last place's member.

OshaliteX2
user-title-y thing

Post by OshaliteX2 »

Okay, two good things happened today or me and Splatoon.
First: I figured out a good set for me and E-Litres, because on some stages Squiffer just sucks (looking at you Moray Towers).
Second: I finally got S-rank! All it took was some annoying camping with my E-Litre on Flounder Heights. Seriously. People tried to splat me, like, 7 times a minute in one match.

Also Heavy Splatling Deco seems kinda underwhelming to me... like it should have maybe disruptors as a sub rather than Point Sensors. Dunno. Just doesn't feel right like the normal kind.

And regarding the 7-per-minute match: I didn't die at all, if you might've been wondering. :wink:

OshaliteX2
user-title-y thing

Post by OshaliteX2 »

Oh noez technical double post *asplodes*
So I lost S-rank. Not too beat up about, anyway. S-rank matches were no fun and I kept feeling like a drag on my team. I've also picked up Mini Splatling as my third-to-main weapon preceded by Custom Jet Squelcher and New Squiffer.
Also Museum D'Alfonsino came out. I'd like to share my personal thoughts on le Musée D'Alfonzo.
Turf War: Kinda Generic unless I'm using something with Sprinklers like Inkbrush or .96 Gal. Still fun though.
Splat Zones: For me, most fun with Inkbrush. Otherwise a tad torturous.
Tower Control: N/A (haven't played it)
Rainmaker: Good up until about 50 points from goal. Then it's just annoying.
I like the spinning platforms concept but find the stage a bit too small.

And Mahi-Mahi resort came out yesterday. I've only been able to play it for one day, but here's my personal thoughts on it.
Turf War: Really pretty good. A bit unforgiving with the water, but once the platforms rise up it's pretty nice.
Splat Zones: My new favorite map for this game mode! I just love how it's so open, and yet snipers aren't going to splat you every 5 seconds. A perfect partner for Carbon Roller Deco.
Tower Control: Extremely meh. At least it's not bad.
Rainmaker: I never thought a map could actually make my dislike my favorite mode. The water makes it annoying to move around with the Rainmaker, but it doesn't go down until you're 30 points away from the goal! By that point, you're most likely on the flat of solid ground in front of the enemy spawn, far away from any of the platforms popping up once you get there. It's also very annoying to try and not get splatted yet still take out the Rainmaker here at this time because it's rather flat. I have a keen distaste for it on par with my hatred of Arowana Mall Splat Zones (fun fact, AM Splat Zones made me lose my S-rank and then soon after dragged my down to an A- with a horrid losing streak. I'm back to A+ now, but you get what I mean).
I like the gimmick with this stage too, but the map itself is a bit weird before the platforms rise up.

Sorry. Just had to get those thoughts out of my head. This thread's been inactive for a while now...

SleepyRiri

Post by SleepyRiri »

Disclaimer: I usually play Turf War
The museum is fun, and all the platforms make a great playground for long-ranged chargers. Closer-ranged players will have a hard time getting enemy territory. Many players dismiss our own territory anyway. Central plaza is where all the fun happens, usually.
I couldn't get a lot of matches, but I love the resort's look. The water hasn't done me much trouble. A Hydra Splatling does wonders with water up. I couldn't get enough matches with water down (connection unstable cut the matches).
Shameless plug of my tumbr and deviantArt.

K7Sniper

Post by K7Sniper »

I'm so glad this game won Best Shooter and Best Multiplayer at the VGAs.
The past is gone. Now is all there is.

I also have a gaming channel on Youtube! Got some podcasts and gameplay videos there. Check it out here if you like!

OshaliteX2
user-title-y thing

Post by OshaliteX2 »

"Well, time to go see the Splatfest results. I felt like the good lads and lasses on Team Nice were pretty motivated yesterday. I won almost every match I participated in throughout the day!"
"What?
I blame Marie."

Okay all me being an idiot aside, that was the probably best Splafest I've ever participated in (even though I lost I'M NOT SALTY HEH HEH HEH *wipes tears*). For a good chunk of the matches I was with a team that had great synergy going on, and I could tell we were all having a complete BLAST too! (Kelp Splatterscope is my official Splatfest weapon.)
Most surprising to me, though, is that Nice was more popular. I saw so many Naughties in my plaza before the fest...
Also the inked maps looked so holiday-esque after every match. Lovely.

Perplexate
Location: Somewhere nice and damp where fungus is still decomposing

Post by Perplexate »

Apparently the Squid Sisters had a live concert in Japan this year. The animation was really nice!

[Citation Needed]
I'll cite your sources

Post by [Citation Needed] »

ahhhhh Pepper's Ghost!
My favorite magic trick!
Lordy wrote:i also fear you
Rinoko wrote:You old saggy titted witch

Liraxus
a title saying "CLODS!"

Post by Liraxus »

Holy shit they actually finished it off with the Squid Sister's main song, that's awesome as hell.

OshaliteX2
user-title-y thing

Post by OshaliteX2 »

That looked like a sweet concert. I like how the crowd moved to the beat at some songs (like the altered "SKA"-s in Now or Never!). Some of the dancing seemed kind of off, but I really shouldn't be complaining with how awesome the Squid Sister models looked.

Also I have been playing way too much Splatoon lately and have changed up my preferred weapons once again. Here are the current top 5 standings...
5. Hero Roller: I am a hopeless show-off and this is the only weapon I can use that performs consistently well for me in Tower Control. I just like Killer Wail otherwise and it's easy to charge up with this weapon.
4. Custom Jet Squelcher: Not much special here, I just like it because it makes me a lot less afraid of snipers and being outranged while still having viable close-range with Burst Bombs and the Kraken.
3. Sloshing Machine Neo: bodaciously picked this up yesterday and I already love it. It's great for getting into corners and rooting out sneaky spawn-camping squids with Point Sensors, and I just adore the feeling of that big splat of ink I get when I aim it at my feet with a SPLIDDLYOOSH sound.
2. New Squiffer: I have no clue how I am so mildly above decent with this weapon. It used to be my main weapon, but longer-ranged snipers have really gotten to me lately. I still use it a lot, just not as much now...
1. Hydra Splatling: Like E-Litre except more fun, and I swear this weapon was made specifically for raked modes because it absolutely kills in them with a well-rounded sub and a momentum-gaining special. I especially like the massive fire rate over such a long range, and since I spend most of my time in Ranked that's why this weapon is #1 to me.