Page 38 of 45

Re: Game Gabbin' News

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:19 am
by Galaxy Man
If they already came to an agreement, then it's likely Hussie agreed not to mention it outside of certain sources. Had they not come to an agreement, then he'd be free to say anything and probably would have filed a suit. Seeing as he did not, for whatever reason, there's likely a lot of legal red tape and Hussie doesn't want to deal with any of it.

Re: Game Gabbin' News

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:53 pm
by BurntToShreds
Keiji Inafune is getting a live-action Mighty No. 9 movie made. At this point in time it's clear to me that Inafune has gone mad and is trying to milk his "I made Mega Man!" fame as much as he can before MN9 comes out and turns out to be mediocre.

When does Mighty No. 9 The Flamethrower come out?

Re: Game Gabbin' News

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:49 am
by AquaBat
His "I made Mega Man" fame?

No matter what he says, he never made Mega Man. He bodaciously just drew him on paper based on pixel art and the concept art was born. He did make some characters and created the Legends series along with some other things, but he will never, ever be "the father of Mega Man".

Oh, and by the way, Kamiya was always right

Re: Game Gabbin' News

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:22 pm
by Vax
Regardess of whether or not he "designed" Megaman (an incredibly basic design and honestly not at all the main draw of the megaman series) he had a large part in the design of the majority of the games in the original series, the X series, and the Zero series. He's been a producer on almost all of them and actually designed Zero, as well as a wide array of Robot Masters and Mavericks.

Oh and he's also incredibly open about the fact that he didn't "create Megaman". He's talked about it several times in interviews. It's other people that refer to him as the Father of Megaman.

Re: Game Gabbin' News

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:44 pm
by BurntToShreds
Hideki Kamiya called out Inafune, calling MN9 a copy of Mega Man, and an insult to Capcom. While that may seem rather dumb to say, one has to remember that Inafune was big into Western games for a bit (he still is, in fact, with ReCore being made) and said that Japan's game industry is finished, so going back and copying his past successes and cashing in on Capcom's poor business decisions seems a bit hypocritical.

Re: Game Gabbin' News

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:01 pm
by AquaBat
BurntToShreds wrote:Hideki Kamiya called out Inafune, calling MN9 a copy of Mega Man, and an insult to Capcom. While that may seem rather dumb to say, one has to remember that Inafune was big into Western games for a bit (he still is, in fact, with ReCore being made) and said that Japan's game industry is finished, so going back and copying his past successes and cashing in on Capcom's poor business decisions seems a bit hypocritical.
AquaBat wrote:Oh, and by the way, Kamiya was always right
Previously he commented that Inafune is a businessman, not a developer, and boy was he right
Vax wrote:It's other people that refer to him as the Father of Megaman.
And that is the problem, and the reason why deluded people keep throwing cheddar at him thinking the games will automatically be 10/10 GOTYAY when MN9 has already been shown to be pretty daisies mediocre

Re: Game Gabbin' News

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:35 pm
by Toddv1997

Re: Game Gabbin' News

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:11 pm
by AquaBat
For 150 dollarydoos. No thank you.

Re: Game Gabbin' News

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:46 am
by Cafall
but when can I buy a new megadude game

I'm still buying the legacy collection though, fuck you guys

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:09 am
by AquaBat
Define "new"

Re: Game Gabbin' News

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:58 pm
by Shad
Satoru Iwata has passed away, Nintendo says.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150713e.pdf

Re: Game Gabbin' News

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:10 am
by Topaz Luckdragon
Man, I knew Iwata was going to die during my lifetime, but this is way too soon. He didn't even hit 60.
;n;7

Re: Game Gabbin' News

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:14 am
by Petah-Petah
I just read about it myself. That's pretty depressing to hear.

I figured he wasn't feeling well when he had to skip E3 and had someone else do the Japan Direct that time in June, but I didn't think it was all that life threatening. May he rest in peace.

Curious who's gonna be the next president, though.

Re: Game Gabbin' News

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:14 am
by AngelicSongx
MY FRIEND JSUT TOLD MEAND I AM bodaciously YELLING ;-; This is makes me so sad, oh my God. He was so young-ish..

Re: Game Gabbin' News

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:16 am
by Winchester
Oh daisies it didn't even occur to me that his absence during E3 might have been health related.

55....man that's so young to go. He always seemed really cool too