The Destiny Thread

Beep beep boop
Liraxus
a title saying "CLODS!"

Re: The Destiny Thread

Post by Liraxus »

SaintCrazy wrote:I am waiting patiently for the PC version.

How's the campaign/PvE stuff? That's probably what I'll be playing the most so I'm hoping there's a lot of content.
The campaign beats the everloving shit out of anything Destiny 1 had at launch. Much more straightforward, and lore is actually something the game tries to show instead of making you read. If you played Destiny 1's story, you'll be giggling like a madman at how many little pokes and jabs they do towards the story.

Content wise? It's a hell of a lot more fruitful, there's much more enjoyable endgame stuff to do, and getting to max Light Level is actually more challenging than you'd suspect after you hit 265. There's only like five strikes in the game, but the patrol got a MASSIVE buff, with little scannable nodes for lore and small tidbits of the area, lost sectors that can help you get loot, and ventures(which are this game's sidequests) that introduce a different challenge for each mission.

PVP is actually okay now in my opinion, feels alot more team-based, no longer is it because one guy is carrying the enemies side with their stupid NLB pro skillsmanship, especially onw that snipers are in the 'heavy slot'.

TL;DR it's good. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Tom Flanagan

Post by Tom Flanagan »

What about bosses? Do they have tons of health?
I really can't live without this feel. No deposit and no registration required at vogueplay.com.uk. I think it's time to try games that I haven't played before.

Liraxus
a title saying "CLODS!"

Post by Liraxus »

Tom Flanagan wrote:What about bosses? Do they have tons of health?
Not the same levels as Valus Ta'aurc in Destiny 1.0, if you're focused with your team, you can honestly melt strike bosses absurdly fast, but you'll have to be on your A-game for Nightfalls, where burning away a boss is much more dangerous(though not as dangerous as old Nightfalls.

Bosses themselves do have strategies in Taken King, and strikes continue the tradition of having multiple different 'encounters' that randomly shift so the strikes don't get boring. The problem is that the loot from Strikes absolutely pales in comparison to what Public Events have to offer, as it stands, Public Events are your best bet at getting Exotics.

Malley

Post by Malley »

Anyone wanna group up on PC when it drops? Or any groups willing to take me?

Liraxus
a title saying "CLODS!"

Post by Liraxus »

This is a very bad place to ask that, not many people here actually play Destiny, so I'd suggest going to places like Reddit to find a group easily.

For example, there's a subreddit for finding fireteams called http://www.Reddit.com/r/Fireteams

TheOtherMC

Post by TheOtherMC »

Curse of Osiris is an interesting mixed bag.
So-so campaign
Good quality of life upgrades
GREAT Raid Lair
Subpar pve solo content

The Raid Lair is almost worth the whole $20. As dick move as the achievement fiasco is I already have the season pass so it doesnt affect me much.
Before the 2nd patch and Lair = 5/10
After = 8/10