Syobon
+4 to defense

Console Wars

Post by Syobon »

Keep it civil.

Medic501

Re: Console Wars

Post by Medic501 »

This is vague enough for me to get in on.

I have to say, neither of the upcoming consoles look too appealing; one because it'll be so daisies expensive, and the other because it's a big, bulky, ugly VCR-lookin' contraption built by corporate execs who want to wring the life/cheddar out of real gamers, and was named by possibly the least creative marketing people on the planet.

I know absolutely nothing about the PS4, and I'd take it over an Xbox Three. And yes, I am calling it the Three because it most certainly is not a One.
"...There is no safety to be found in a sword. A sword brings only death. It does not give life. It is a responsibility. A burden. This is no gift, it is a curse. I hope one day you will forgive me." ~Old Man

YCobb

Post by YCobb »

How much attention have you been paying?

Because the expensive console and the huge VCR are one and the same.
Since this is garbled English, please refer to the brutal attack of confusion.

Medic501

Post by Medic501 »

I haven't been watching much, if at all, but I do know that the PS3's secondary trope was being expensive as fuck-all. Given the times, I didn't expect the next one to be cheaper.

And I AM aware of the Three's expensiveness. It's Microsoft during the least-creative, most-greedy generation. I figured it was a given.
Last edited by Medic501 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...There is no safety to be found in a sword. A sword brings only death. It does not give life. It is a responsibility. A burden. This is no gift, it is a curse. I hope one day you will forgive me." ~Old Man

Gryewolf

Post by Gryewolf »

WOW SO UNFAIR!
At least we know who's sleeping with the proletariats now.

Also I don't trust M$ after what they pulled. Who knows what they're going to try next.
Game Angel wrote:I have a penis but I'm not 100% sure it's a penis
ImageImageImage

Tetrunes
Dances-With-Bots

Post by Tetrunes »

Medic, do sone reaearch before you bash the shit out of something.

The XBox One will be a hundred dollars more because it comes with the Kinect system, and that isn't a big thing, really, to complain about. They had shitty business practices and etc. The console actually looks pretty neat if you bothered to take a look at it. Minimalism=\=shit

The PS3 is the less expensive of the two, doesn't include the camera, and comes with some neat looking titles.

Wii U has been out for a while, and has some cool titles coming out. I haven't played it, but most of what I've heard say the gamepad doesn't detract much and is a neat addition to the console.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Tetrunes
Marcato wrote:How am I supposed to see tacos in these conditions?

Shoolis

Post by Shoolis »

I need to own at least four more fedoras before I can legally contribute to this thread
This is for you King Ghidorah....

impmon08

Post by impmon08 »

I don't like how the PS4 presumably has forced PS+ if you want to play online (I think, I don't keep up with these things too much so if it was disconfirmed or something let me know) but i'll probably get it somewhere down the line if only for KH3 or other non-Wii U titles. Speaking of I'm planning to get a Wii U soonish, mostly for Wonderful 101 and the new smash. Over the years I've realized I mostly only play first party titles on nintendo consoles but they're good enough to justify the cheddar spent. I don't think I'll ever even walk into a house that I know has an Xbox One, I hate that thing so fucking much I am not kidding.

Tetrunes
Dances-With-Bots

Post by Tetrunes »

Also xbox changed up thier controller.

Sad to say I'll have to shrink my hands for the ps4
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Tetrunes
Marcato wrote:How am I supposed to see tacos in these conditions?

Syobon
+4 to defense

Post by Syobon »

I still don't get the connection between dualshocks and small hands. Did someone suddenly decide a controller should completely fill your hands? Why?

SaintCrazy
The Real Ghost Blues

Post by SaintCrazy »

Tbh I'm kinda disappointed the next Xbox is going in... whatever direction its going, even though I haven't owned a console since Gamecube. I might've had a slim chance at joining the console market, but lets face it, I was one of the many folks who just wanted another Xbox 360. I suppose its closer to that goal than it was before, but there's still the Kinect and all the TV stuff tacked on to it that I just can't see myself dishing out the cash to own one.

Honestly, though, I don't think Microsoft is the devil like a lot of folks do. Lots of big corporations have sketchy plans to wring more cheddar out of consumers, MS just marketed theirs terribly. It seems to be a trend with a lot of their products these days.
↑ Let's kick the beat. ♫ (shuffle for best results) ↑

Operation Awesome

Post by Operation Awesome »

The 3DS has already won this gen and it's not even a console.

Anyway, I already own a Wii U, and the PS4 is a rather large "might" for some point past 2015. Still not a fan of paid online, no matter how nice the perks are. They'll have to take that out before I even consider it.

The Xbone is in the "shit naw" category.

Gryewolf

Post by Gryewolf »

Operation Awesome wrote: They'll have to take that out before I even consider it.
Do you honestly think they will? If you wont buy it for the paid online then I doubt you'll ever get it.
I'm not defending the idea of paid online or anything so don't get me wrong, but still I'm pretty sure it's something that's here to stay.
Game Angel wrote:I have a penis but I'm not 100% sure it's a penis
ImageImageImage

Operation Awesome

Post by Operation Awesome »

Gryewolf wrote:
Operation Awesome wrote: They'll have to take that out before I even consider it.
Do you honestly think they will? If you wont buy it for the paid online then I doubt you'll ever get it.
I'm not defending the idea of paid online or anything so don't get me wrong, but still I'm pretty sure it's something that's here to stay.
Yeah, I figured.
I remember when someone first told me about how XBL worked. I figured they were joking, because no company could ever be that evil.
welp

Anyway, here's a thing I did for /v/:

biggish

D-vid

Post by D-vid »

At least ps doesn't make you buy ps+ for free services like youtube.