The Witcher 3

Beep beep boop
Syobon
+4 to defense

The Witcher 3

Post by Syobon »

So I've been playing this a lot and it's shaping up to be the best story-driven game I've ever played. The amount of content, the quality writing, the dark setting, your choices actually mattering.

I fucked up and freed the evil spirit locked in a tree, resulting in the death of an entire village and two major characters. And the events are far enough apart that reloading a save would be impractical. So I feel real stupid now. I was actually going to go with the other option first, but then I reloaded a save just to see what it looked like, and it looked kinda cool so I went fuck it and didn't switch back to my old save.

iamthelordhitman
Sir Lurksalot
Location: I'm probably somewhere that you aren't, but you think I'm there, but you're not sure.

Re: The Witcher 3

Post by iamthelordhitman »

Agree with the story telling. I've been running around getting all the diagrams and currently rocking feline set. what decoctionso do u use? I've found water hag and emmirka to be a great combo.
this is my tf2 shit
Mr. Torgue wrote:OH SNAP, THE MONSTER I SENT YOU TO KILL, IS ACTUALLY A MONSTER TRUCK. PUNS MOTHER FUCKER.
3DS FC: 3625-8484-5988

Syobon
+4 to defense

Post by Syobon »

I've only just started making a few of them, sounds like you're quite ahead of me. I had just been spamming Swallow during fights until now. I only have nightwraith and griffin decoctions for now, I haven't actively tried getting the ingredients. Think I got a little sidetracked playing gwent lol.

I've been considering switching difficulty up to hard, but occasionally there's still a pretty though fight so think I'll just continue cruising through for now. When I max out that perk that gives you damage reduction during dodges I might switch.

iamthelordhitman
Sir Lurksalot
Location: I'm probably somewhere that you aren't, but you think I'm there, but you're not sure.

Post by iamthelordhitman »

I've been putting a lot of my points in signs and just enough in the fighting one to get the rez depending on your adrenaline points. Quen confirmed best spell ever

Also seek out the potions and such. There is one that gives your straight health now as opposed to the hot from swallow.
this is my tf2 shit
Mr. Torgue wrote:OH SNAP, THE MONSTER I SENT YOU TO KILL, IS ACTUALLY A MONSTER TRUCK. PUNS MOTHER FUCKER.
3DS FC: 3625-8484-5988

Lambeth

Post by Lambeth »

I want to chime in and say this is a good game although I beat it a while ago. I beat it on hard, the game was pretty easy after the beginning. If you can stomach the not great inventory, crafting and the alchemy tree can be insanely overpowered.

Kira

Post by Kira »

They went all out making this card game. They even added a whole story and books just to add to the flavor of Gwent.

CD Project Red didn't have to add that, it's a nice touch.

Kira

Post by Kira »

Made Gwent printable through a website called Printerstudio.com.

Here is the guide. Reddit doesn't seem to like it all that much.

Syobon
+4 to defense

Post by Syobon »

Neat, can't say I'm gonna print them out myself though.

Syobon
+4 to defense

Post by Syobon »

Well, finally got around to beating the game. Managed to never find enough nekker hearts to make the healing potions somehow. Think I came pretty close to getting all the Gwent cards, but I don't think that's realistically possible without using a guide. The only rare ones I never found were 2 Foltest leader cards. Pretty fun to play a top Nilfgaard deck though, I sometimes won games with more cards in my hand than I started with.

DarkSurfer
Ordo Hereticus

Post by DarkSurfer »

I'm absolute dogshit at Gwent, gonna try to leasrn it by the time I grab the two DLCs.

also riding roach near or in wooded areas is the worst thing ever

Syobon
+4 to defense

Post by Syobon »

How to win Gwent:

play spies
decoy your enemy spies
play those spies
either your enemy passes too soon and you can btfo them with a weather card or they waste all their cards and you win the next rounds ez pz.

It's a lot harder at the start though when you don't have a lot of good cards yet.

Wesley Foxx

Post by Wesley Foxx »

My strategy for Gwent is to basically just have a bunch of really powerful cards including as many weather-immune characters as possible. And a good number of medics to recycle my cards. (Especially useful to snag enemy spy cards.)

DarkSurfer
Ordo Hereticus

Post by DarkSurfer »

FredrickRamirezIII

Post by FredrickRamirezIII »

This is a great game, indeed.

slimus5713

Post by slimus5713 »

I love video games but I try not to throw myself there and advice you the same, it takes a lot of time, there are many more important things in life, like family and job. If you still unemployed or need some part time job let me advice you professional cv writers. Make sure that your resume will be selected. Dont waste your time just do it)