Re: *****RULES, ADVISORIES, AND YOU (READ before posting)***

Post by DarkSurfer »

My standards vary by liquor content

break rules and i break you

[Insert Fail]
Let's talk about sex.

Post by [Insert Fail] »

A-HA. I knew there were two big things I forgot to add in the rules edit. There are actually three things I'm going to post about, though, so listen up!

First, Lolita and Yeili have graduated from SCP janitors to ~*~moderators~*~. They now have the same power and responsibility as any other moderator. Treat them with respect, as they will be doing the same for you! Clyve has also been removed as a moderator due to inactivity.

Second, there are two new rules updates! The first involves titles. We are reinstating all past titles. We hope that the immature attitudes that resulted in us removing titles in the first place is gone. An overhead rule has been created regarding them:
21.) You may see members with titles below their names. Titles are superficial and unimportant, given to people under no real guidelines - some people have been given them as rewards, some spawn from inside jokes, and some people were just handed titles at random. You can ask for a title, but it is at our discretion. Asking does not guarantee a title.

Do not complain about other people having titles. There is absolutely no reason why words under a name should bother you that much. Titles do not validate you as a person or forum member. If you believe they do, you need to develop some self-confidence.
The second update involves double-posting! This mostly comes from me, because frankly seeing people say, "Double-posting, but I don't care" is pretty obnoxious. The edit to rule 19 is as follows:
If a moderator sees you blatantly double-posting, one of three things will happen.

1) Your second post will be edited into your first one with a note from a moderator attached to the post, and your second post will be deleted.
2) Your second post will be deleted with no editing to the first.
3) Both your first and second posts will be deleted.
It's not likely that I will do the third, but Dark will! Accidents will always happen, but we know people well enough to be able to decipher who's blatantly breaking rules. (And remember, you can always double-post if your last post was made 24 hours ago.)

There are too many new people on here.

[url="https://twitter.com/InsertFail"]Twitter[/url] | [url="https://www.twitch.tv/insertfail]Twitch[/url]

[Insert Fail]
Let's talk about sex.

Post by [Insert Fail] »

When I originally wrote the rules, I only had a vague idea of how the warning system worked. After getting the rundown, myself and others realized the current guideline for warnings did not mesh well with how the forum's system worked, so I went through and reworded the Bans & Punishment section. Please give this a read so you understand how our warnings and bans work!
PUNISHMENT AND BAN CONTROL
----------------------------------------
We operate on a three-strike warning system. When you violate any rules, you receive a forum warning. These warnings go on your profile, but only moderators can see them. We understand accidents happen, and you may receive verbal warnings from time to time, but those do not go on any sort of record.

When you severely violate a rule, you will receive your first forum warning.
When you violate the rules again, you will receive a second warning and be BANNED for 3 days.
When you violate the rules a third time, you will receive your third forum warning and be banned for 7 days.

After this point, if you break a rule a fourth time, you are permanently banned from the forums.

Forum warnings are not permanent. After 90 days, your slate is wiped clean. However, if you have a habit of getting warnings every "quarter," your case will be reviewed and it is possible your warnings will be made permanent.

In cases severe enough, we can and will permanently BAN you without the three-strike system. These cases will be deliberated by all active moderators to determine if the solution is fair.

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO ALWAYS CHECK YOUR MESSAGES. You may recieve a PM from a moderator, which requires immediate attention. Ignoring them can garner severe consequences.

[url="https://twitter.com/InsertFail"]Twitter[/url] | [url="https://www.twitch.tv/insertfail]Twitch[/url]

[Insert Fail]
Let's talk about sex.

Post by [Insert Fail] »

Hey guys, there's been a minor rule change. I was unhappy with the wording of our rule regarding personal businesses and advertising, so we've changed it.

Old:
12.) Do not advertise businesses. This includes any "click this so I can be rewarded,” i.e. the MyBrute and dragon eggs. Please put them in your signatures. If you want to display your art, or your own webcomic, there is an art thread. Alternatively, link to your deviantART/personal website in your signature.

We don't want to hear about your business/forum/event/item/rewards as threads or in individual posts. These threads will instantly be locked and the creators will receive 3 day bans.
New:
12.) We do not appreciate one-post accounts made to advertise businesses, products, or any other sort of self-made/self-profiting enterprises. Threads or posts made by these accounts will be locked and edited to remove any names, links, and/or videos. The accounts also face a potential three-day ban.

Advertising your deviantArt or web comic should be kept to the Art Thread. Alternatively, you can link your deviantART/personal website in your signature. It is recommended that you keep any personal sites in your signature.

Above all, do not spam any business/forum/event/item/rewards on the forum.

The Bouncer
Stone-Cold Cinderella

And I will probably make it huge and rainbow.

Post by The Bouncer »

18.) DO NOT USE RIDICULOUSLY TINY TEXT. There is a difference between "small" and "unreadable". Any posts containing it will be edited to be obnoxiously large (or however the moderator sees fit). If you decide to abuse this, your posts will just be deleted.
Also, do not use obnoxious colors like white or yellow.
I will edit your text.
[5/13/2013 11:55:56 PM] Mr.Mander: "Obama announces Boys Love japanese textbook manga anthology" WOULD make a much better headline
[5/13/2013 11:58:45 PM] egoat: th-thanks, obama?

Vax
who

Post by Vax »

Ok guys I'm not really cracking down on anything or officially making any new rules or anything but I just figured I should make a quick PSA about something that happened on the forum recently.

While reading through the forum today I came across some posts from Nachal stating that someone contacted her boyfriend in an apparently aggressive or accusatory way over Steam without her consent or knowledge (until she found out, of course.) Now first I would like to say that I am very proud and thankful to Nachal for not exploding this into a huge and unfortunate event and being extremely civil, adult, and reasonable about the event. Having said that, I think there's something that needs to be said about this whole thing.

Now I completely understand a person's desire to help others. I feel it all the time, and I'm sure most of you feel this desire frequently as well. It's good to want to help people out of bad situations, and trying to give people insight on their situations can be good and helpful as well. The thing is, though, that sometimes we need to exercise some self restraint and remember that our actions can have serious ramifications on other's lives, both positive and negative. we might think we have a complete understanding and handle on a situation, but it is usually the case that there are just some aspects of things we cannot fully understand or know about. Now clearly this forum members intervention with Nachal's live has had some pretty big ramifications that are quite evident. I cannot stress enough that there have to be boundaries between people when it comes to very personal things like this; like relationships we only know of second hand. None of us know exactly what the complete nature of this relationship is or was, so acting in any way to intrude upon it is a rather dicey venture to put it mildly. It's not always a strangers place to interject in another's life just because we think that what we're doing is right. What is our business is our business, and what is not is not. Acting out of the best intentions is one thing, but when things go from support and sharing of knowledge to direct interference and speaking on the behalves of others, that can be seriously crossing the lines of privacy that each of us finds very important.

Now I'm not asking anyone to come forward or confess or anything, Nachal has clearly stated that she would rather not know who did this. I'm not out to punish anyone or make anyone feel like shit. I just feel that everyone should know, understand, and remember that there are limits to what we can (and should) do on the behalf of another. Helping is one thing, but direct intervention can definitely be the wrong more most times.

Thank you for reading
Or, y'know, whatever.

Shad
being a gentleman is my jojob

Post by Shad »

Don't forget to regularly check your inbox for potential PMs from the moderation team, folks. Thanks!

Vax
who

Post by Vax »

Guys I thought this was p much universally known by now but I will remind us all

Do not post in spambot threads
Or, y'know, whatever.

Shad

Post by Shad »

An addition to Rule 12!

Previous rule 12:
12.) We do not appreciate one-post accounts made to advertise businesses, products, or any other sort of self-made/self-profiting enterprises. Threads or posts made by these accounts will be locked and edited to remove any names, links, and/or videos. The accounts also face a potential three-day ban.

Advertising your deviantArt or web comic should be kept to the Art Thread. Alternatively, you can link your deviantART/personal website in your signature. It is recommended that you keep any personal sites in your signature.

Above all, do not spam any business/forum/event/item/rewards on the forum.
Addendum:
If you would like to advertise something on the forums, please talk about it with a moderator beforehand and wait for them to approve of it.

corsica

Post by corsica »

Okay I'm gonna make this as blatant as possible since most of you guys don't seem to notice and/or understand it.

!!IF THERE IS SOMEBODY ON THE FORUM THAT YOU DISLIKE, OR SOMEBODY THAT ANNOYS YOU, PLEASE MAKE LIBERAL USE OF THE FOES BUTTON. IT CAUSES MUCH LESS DRAMA FOR US MODS AND MIGHT EVEN IMPROVE YOUR AZ EXPERIENCE BECAUSE YOU CAN CHOOSE WHETHER OR NOT YOU WANT TO SEE THEIR POSTS. PLUS, THE PERSON YOU ARE "BLOCKING" WILL BE UNAWARE OF YOU DOING SO. IT IS A NICE FEATURE PLEASE USE IT!!!

We mods are here to help but we can't really do much if you are simply annoyed by another forumite who is not breaking any rules.

thank you and have a nice day

Shad

Post by Shad »

An addendum to our number one rule of "Don't be rude":
Sexist and dehumanizing behaviours and posts are also completely unacceptable.

Vax
who

Post by Vax »

HEY SO BECAUSE CLEARLY WE HAVE A BUNCH OF NEW TINY BABIES ON THE FORUM (or grown up tiny babies whatever) I THINK IT'S TIME FOR A QUICK REFRESHER ON A CERTAIN RULE.

Ok please stop using ridiculously tiny text in your posts. It's obnoxious and annoying. If you want to make something harder to read, just put a spoiler on it or whatever.

Also, if you have a problem with another member, it is outlined in the rules that the proper way to deal with it is to talk to a mod about it OR add them to your foes list on your profile so you no longer have to see their posts. It's simple, elegant, and doesn't require you to hurl passive aggressive tiny texted spoilers at eachother.

Obviously we've had people recently criticizing posts being made in Le Comic. Some of them have been in response to the recent dedede """""meme""""" that's been going on, and others have been about the general goings ons in the forum itself pertaining to a lack of constructive conversation, an abundance of edits, etc. I understand that everyone has their own idea of how the forum should function or what people should or should not talk about in certain threads. It can be hard to find that balance between lighthearted conversation and LOL RANDUM all over the lace. I appreciate that. That being said, people have the right to talk about what they want and post what they want to post as long as it falls in line with the ridiculously lenient rules we have here (which it's still a good idea to read btw. Takes five minutes.). This means that, yeah, people will spam jokes until they are not even remotely funny. This means that people will accidentally post funny pictures that have already been posted ten times because they didn't read a page before them. This means you'll have to deal with opinions and jokes that you don't agree with or find funny. I get that such things can be annoying, but I also expect each person who is part of this community to react in an adult manner to something that happens on the forum, and to listen to us proletariats when we're forced to intervene.

So yeah, like I said, if you feel there's a problem with something that's happening on the forum, simply ask a mod to take a look, report it, or add the person or people who'd posts you can't stand to the foes list and things will work out just fine!
Or, y'know, whatever.

[Insert Fail]
Let's talk about sex.

Re: *****RULES, GUIDELINES, AND YOU (READ before posting)***

Post by [Insert Fail] »

I have revised the rules today.

Did not change much other than cutting down some filler text in some of the rules and dividing stuff that's more user-related vs. forum-related.

Keep in mind that everything is still a rule!

Shad

Post by Shad »

Changed the wording of rule 10 about NSFW content for clarity.
Anatomy and artistic nudes are fine, but please put them under a link and say it's NSFW. Likewise, pictures that have people in underwear are to be posted as links with an NSFW tag.
Pictures that are clearly sexualized or lewd, even if they are technically safe for work, are NOT allowed to be posted in any way on these forums.

Shad

Post by Shad »

Since this has to be said, don't post creepy pictures/drawings of children. This includes editing a child's clothes off of them in your comic edits. It is not funny. Your post will be edited and you WILL get a warning. Do not test us.