Worst webcomic?

WHY DOES THIS COMIC SUCK
Water

Post by Water »

Also, his impossibly wavy hair is the same every day.
[img]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3664/legendaryrh6.png[/img]
[size=84]Last edited by Powers Which You Cannot Comprehend on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total[/size]

Plasma

Post by Plasma »

Zomnambulist wrote:if your dialog is such that the best expression for it is consistently a half-lidded, slack-jawed gape then you may be doing something wrong!
Try again, only this time remember that he's not going for 'best', because that takes much more time and FAR much more talent. It is largely sprite comic, remember.

Riodsey

Post by Riodsey »

Badfish wrote:B^u sure but I honestly don't see what's so bad about it.Sure it's boring and un-artistic but i don't see any other kind of facial feature that could be given under those certain circumstances.
B^U

But seriously, I don't see a so much problem with it too.
Water wrote:And it's not like Garfield doesn't do that every day.
Linked because may cause seizures.

Superior Bacon
Most Important Member

Post by Superior Bacon »

http://www.questionablecontent.net/

I sorta like it, but every character is exactly the same. They're all sarcastic and have their constant quips and are indy. It's not a bad comic, it's just... meh.

Also, SZ is the most pretentious piece of bullshit ever.

Badfish

Post by Badfish »

Bacon wrote:http://www.questionablecontent.net/

I sorta like it, but every character is exactly the same. They're all sarcastic and have their constant quips and are indy. It's not a bad comic, it's just... meh.

Also, SZ is the most pretentious piece of bullshit ever.
That girl with brown hair and square glasses has the EXACT same expression.
It's beyond B^U at least they change they change eye expressions or hand motions but she just stands there motionless like some kind of creepy life sized doll.

Mr. Lostman

Questionable Content

Post by Mr. Lostman »

I don't like his artstyle. All the girls and Marty have the same face, hair, and so forth but they also all have that weird thing where their back is broken and their hip sticks out.

Even when they stand facing each other sideways --><-- it seems like it's just their heads that are turned. This bugs me.

DoNotDelete

Post by DoNotDelete »

It's like he's reached a certain level of skill and said: "Okay, this is the bare minimum I need to do to create a crappy comic every (X amount of days), so why the f**k should I even try to push myself to grow into a better artist/writer/person when I can get away with the ctrl-c and ctrl-v?".

I personally don't see the point in drawing anything if I'm not going to learn something new from it, whether it's a brand spanking new character design, a tricky pose, or a new type of background.

People who don't strive to become greater than what they currently are piss me off.
Last edited by DoNotDelete on Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Water

Post by Water »

Yeah, Questionable Content is really nothing special. But if you look at the first comic, the art style has improved a lot over the 1000+ comics, so maybe the artist will still improve. I mean, the first comics were really shitty.
[size=84]Last edited by Powers Which You Cannot Comprehend on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total[/size]

Spoony
turbo gay

Post by Spoony »

DoNotDelete wrote:People who don't strive to become greater than what they currently are piss me off.
That mindset pisses me off. You haven't tried to do your absolute best at every single endeavour in your entire life. You haven't tried to become better at everything you do. That's a highly unrealistic view you have there.

lyra/dicks

Post by lyra/dicks »

Well, personally, I love Questionable Content and I love the artwork. I don't really give a crap about anatomy and such; most people learn to draw by themselves, totally and utterly.

And of course I love the jokes and such. It's ridiculous at a realistic level.

Maybe I'm just trying to stand up for one of my favorite webcomics, but yeah, that's what I think.

Water

Post by Water »

Dialogue in Questionable Content is funny, but it's about a realistic as an episode of Gilmore Girls.

Probably the best thing about the comic is Hannelore.

SBKT

Post by SBKT »

Water wrote:Dialogue in Questionable Content is funny, but it's about a realistic as an episode of Gilmore Girls.

Probably the best thing about the comic is Hannelore.
The characterwho is exagerrated, and at the same time... not.

DoNotDelete

Post by DoNotDelete »

Spoony wrote:
DoNotDelete wrote:People who don't strive to become greater than what they currently are piss me off.
That mindset pisses me off. You haven't tried to do your absolute best at every single endeavour in your entire life. You haven't tried to become better at everything you do. That's a highly unrealistic view you have there.
Like you could possibly know that for a fact.

I'm going to the lavatory now, AND I'M GOING TO MAKE THE BEST TURD I'VE EVER MADE, BECAUSE I DON'T GO TO THE TOILET IF I CAN'T IMPROVE ON MY LAST PERFORMANCE!

Ungeheuer

Post by Ungeheuer »

The worst webcomic? Probably completely unknown and rightly so.

This blog did a good job at tearing apart a few better-known ones, sadly it's dead now. Surprised the link didn't turn up earlier in this thread: http://badwebcomics.blogspot.com/

As for Questionable Content: The art really hasn't improved all that much, it's still as flat and stiff as it was years ago - he's grown more proficient at drawing the templates from which he builds his characters, that's all. Not like the art matters much, above all QC is a vehicle for J. Jacques to share his hip and indie taste in music with the world - it all serves to satisfy his narcissism. It's pretty bad, but hardly the worst webcomic there is.
Last edited by Ungeheuer on Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't like to meddle in my private affairs."

Superior Bacon
Most Important Member

Post by Superior Bacon »

Ungeheuer wrote:QC is a vehicle for J. Jacques to share his hip and indie taste in music with the world - it all serves to satisfy his narcissism. It's pretty bad, but hardly the worst webcomic there is.
It's definitely not the worst, no. I'd probably like it more if didn't use it as his "look at how indie and cool i am!" soapbox.

And maybe if the one gay character didn't want to have sex with every girl ever.