A Tough Spot

WHY DOES THIS COMIC SUCK
Ruduen

A Tough Spot

Post by Ruduen »

Posted March 1, 2021 at 12:00 am
Cyberpunk 2077

Okay, I'm sure you've played a WRPG-style game where by lategame your stealth level is so high that you can walk right in front of someone without them noticing you, but Cyberpunk 2077 takes this to the next level -- even if you've got no points in stealth, it takes a full five seconds of direct, sustained eye contact before an adversary realizes you're a human person standing right in front of them.

To be fair, I also refuse to engage in social interaction until my opponent has confirmed that they are not going to go away before I can no longer pretend I didn't see them, so I get it.
I wonder if we'll get a comic about the enemy chair, or if that's too inaccessible to people who didn't see Katie's twitter post that one time.

SirRob

Re: A Tough Spot

Post by SirRob »

I think the only WRPG I've ever played was Runescape for a week, I've mostly only played Nintendo games my whole life-- it's how I got into Katie's comics in the first place, back on deviantArt about 15 years ago.

Marscaleb

Post by Marscaleb »

SirRob wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:16 am
I think the only WRPG I've ever played was Runescape for a week, I've mostly only played Nintendo games my whole life-- it's how I got into Katie's comics in the first place, back on deviantArt about 15 years ago.
I mostly just look at screenshots of WRGP's and occasionally brief clips, and then imagine what the full game must be be like.

SirRob

Post by SirRob »

Marscaleb wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:22 pm
I mostly just look at screenshots of WRGP's and occasionally brief clips, and then imagine what the full game must be be like.
I do that with some games, except instead of brief clips it's just a playthrough of the entire game, oops

Never with WRPGs though, they tend to go with gritty realism and excessive violence most of the time and that's just not my thing