Bows and Gallows

WHY DOES THIS COMIC SUCK
Loyle

Re: Bows and Gallows

Post by Loyle »

Masterballs are A: for chumps, and B: for use on actual things you might want. You only get one a game, don't waste it on Entei of all things.
“The best way to get a right answer on the internet is not to ask the question, but to post the wrong answer.”
Kamak wrote:Staying fresh isn't about looking cool, it's about being safe.

Not applicable

Post by Not applicable »

Loyle wrote:I haven't practiced archery, nor am I particularly well versed in physics, but I imagine what would usually happen after firing a stick of wood at the usual forces one would do so to kill a thing, it would end up rendered in an unusable condition if not outright destroyed. In fact, I'm more certain it'd be easier to retrieve and reuse successfully fired arrows.

Again, not someone who has experience with launching arrows at things, or someone with command over the arcane numbers governing how the universe works. So take that with a grain of salt.
As someone who has experience launching traditional wooden arrows at things, there are a few ways an arrow can become irretrievable or unusable once retrieved.
One is to hit grass at such an angle as to tunnel under it - not burying itself in dirt, which would stop it, but between the grassbed and the soil, parralel to both, where you are frankly going to stand on and break it rather than find it unless the fletching is still exposed - this is one of the reasons we don't recommend green or brown fletching. Arrows can totally bury themselves in other ways, but this one is easy even with low poundage bows
One is that arrowheads often detatch, particularly in springy or dense wood. Getting arrows out of the wall in this comic without taking their heads off would be hard, especially as arrows want to be pulled straight back out of a surface without any lateral force on the fragile arrowshaft, which means the arrows high in the wall here will be a pain to retrieve intact.
One is another arrow passing to close and destroying your fletching or shaft, and the last is overpenetration destroying your fletching.

Allegedly, getting an arrow out of a shot animal is easier than getting it out of a tree, but harder than getting it out of soil or a good target, as animals are a bit like springy wood - muscle matter supposedly squeezes back around the arrowhead and makes it hard to retrieve if it isn't firmly attached, though if the thing you shot died you can cut the arrow out. Overpenetration is also easier on animals than on most archery targets, and more likely to ruin your fletching. Also, colapsing or panicking animals break arrows fairly often with their weight, or by slamming the arrow against a tree or rock to try and remove it.

So on the whole, you're mostly right.

Katarani

Post by Katarani »

Loyle wrote:Masterballs are A: for chumps, and B: for use on actual things you might want. You only get one a game, don't waste it on Entei of all things.
If Entei is the only one who runs away then absolutely do use it on Entei. If Entei is not the only one who runs away, then you must be playing Platinum.

Syl

Post by Syl »

But Entei isn't in Platinum. IIRC it was Mesprit and Cresselia that roamed in that game, plus the legendary bird trio once you did something post-League and then talked to Oak in Eternia City.

And in HGSS both Raikou and Entei were roaming. So I don't think Entei has ever been the only one roaming.

Did that sound harsh? If it did I apologize profusely and I will send you a picture of cats snuggling.
Loyle wrote:Masterballs are A: for chumps, and B: for use on actual things you might want. You only get one a game, don't waste it on Entei of all things.
My first Master Ball (Pearl) was used on a Chansey because I was 10 and didn't know that you could capture the God of Space and not get chewed out for it. And that stupid PANK blob wasn't in my Pokedex and wasn't staying in the Ultra Ball even when its HP was a sliver and it was paralyzed.

GermanTacos

Post by GermanTacos »

Anodomani wrote:Me playing fire emblem.
The first panel with Knight Ellie makes me think it'd be cute to have a young, girly unit that starts off as a Knight, so they have the huge armor.

Katarani

Post by Katarani »

GermanTacos wrote: The first panel with Knight Ellie makes me think it'd be cute to have a young, girly unit that starts off as a Knight, so they have the huge armor.
Isn't that just Kjelle from Awakening, though?

Loyle

Post by Loyle »

Katarani wrote:
GermanTacos wrote: The first panel with Knight Ellie makes me think it'd be cute to have a young, girly unit that starts off as a Knight, so they have the huge armor.
Isn't that just Kjelle from Awakening, though?
No, the idea was a character whose armor didn't fit them, and Kjelle isn't "girly" by any definition of anyone who would use the word.
“The best way to get a right answer on the internet is not to ask the question, but to post the wrong answer.”
Kamak wrote:Staying fresh isn't about looking cool, it's about being safe.

Buretsu

Post by Buretsu »

That would be Amelia from Sacred Stones. Well... she promotes into Knight, anyway.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Amelia

GraceFleming

Post by GraceFleming »

I am pop flyin' to use every chance to get help with writing assignments capstone research project as it saves me time and at the same time I can easily do what I like. Since only the best authors carry out my task.