All That Glitters

WHY DOES THIS COMIC SUCK
SaintCrazy
The Real Ghost Blues

Re: All That Glitters

Post by SaintCrazy »

The only shiny I've actually caught was an Exeggcute, in LeafGreen, I think. I've moved it to my HeartGold file where it sits in the box to this day. One time I was replaying Sapphire just for fun, wasn't planning on saving over my file, and I found a shiny Zubat. Decided not to keep that file, I had too many good 'mons on there.
↑ Let's kick the beat. ♫ (shuffle for best results) ↑

Topazshot88

Post by Topazshot88 »

The first shiny I myself got (since I skipped over 2nd gen and didn't really do much with third) was a shiny Geodude early on in Diamond. I ended up using him in my main team and he was awesome, even though I wasn't really a fan of the typing. My next shiny was a shiny Caterpie in Leaf Green but I lost my file soon after that. I found a shiny Machoke while training in Victory Road in Diamond, and after that I found a shiny Zubat in SoulSilver that I put on the team. Unfortunately I have yet to continue that game past...Morty, I think.

In White I found a shiny Audino while grinding (like most of you did, probably) that I didn't end up using. I also found a shiny Deino in Victory Road that I DID end up using for post-game stuff and she turned out to be pretty optimal with a good nature and IVs and crap no one cares about. I managed to Masuda a shiny Venipede too (my reaction was similar to Katie's in the comic because Scolipede is probably my fourth favorite Pokemon, and second favorite Bug) and I ended up using them both.

In White 2, I kind of wanted to have the game be extra-linked to my White 1 game so after I got the first badge I bred my Serperior with a random Seviper I caught and sent the egg over. It ended up hatching a shiny Snivy, to which I was ecstatic because Serperior IS my favorite. I also found a shiny Tynamo that I ended up using as well.

In Y my first shiny was a completely unexpected Trapinch. She was actually the first Trapinch I had found in the game, and while I didn't use her (my team was pretty much set in stone at this point) I did train her up to 50 or so.

Time Sage

Post by Time Sage »

I've only seen one shiny a Flotzeal back in Pearl....Then my DS froze.

*insert breaking DS image here cause I'm lazy*

pobblebonk

Post by pobblebonk »

I found my first shiny 10 years ago, a swablu. Then NOTHING for any other game in between that and Pokemon X. I managed to find a shiny dedenne (awful, terrible stats) and then when I got Y, I managed to find a shiny panpour in the forest before I even had a full team. But yuk, panpour. :-/ Only other one since then was a shiny Floatzel I found while grinding victory road.
I have a monopoly on the truth.

Doomstick

Post by Doomstick »

I found a shiny Pelipper in Emerald. A goddamn Pelipper. The IVs were trashy, too.. I found a few more, but that's the only one that comes to mind immediately.

On the other hand, once I removed that save I got Pokerus juuuuust before Fortree city, from the Team Aqua/Magma/whatever admin it was. So the E4 was a total faceroll. Dem added EVs
Omnithea wrote:Most people might find Nowi too young to be attractive. I personally find her smokin'.
"Alright if anyone needs me, I'll be kicking gnomes. In the FACE."

DemonKingu

Post by DemonKingu »

karlbarx

Post by karlbarx »

I haven't played Pokemon since Red and Blue but I decided to give X&Y a try due to the updated graphics. The first shiny I caught was Ariados
A PANK Ariados. I'm a guy! :shakefist: Image

I looked into how to catch more shinys and have since caught and traded quite a few... This is the ultimate in shiny harvesting technology:
Introducing Poke-O-Matic for Pokemon X and Y! A device so sinister it bodaciously catches pokemon without your without your supervision.
[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=ann ... yJPsZc-QTM[/youtube]
What has man wrought!?

TerraChimaera

Post by TerraChimaera »

karlbarx wrote:I haven't played Pokemon since Red and Blue but I decided to give X&Y a try due to the updated graphics. The first shiny I caught was Ariados
A PANK Ariados. I'm a guy! :shakefist:
I am a male and I would love a PANK Ariados
Valbrandur wrote:Drink milk for strong bone
^^El tumblo (upstanding members of society)^^

MrNiceGuy

Post by MrNiceGuy »

The first shiny I encountered was a shiny Stantler in the original Gold version.
Seriously?! Of all the pokemon... a green non-evolving ugly deer thing.
I remember that it was in a small grassy area after a ledge I jumped down one screen up from town. I can't check exactly where since I played my Gold cartridge so much the internal battery died.
I remember when I first ran into it I thought something was wrong with the screen, what with the ring of sparkles and all, the same thought I had the first time one of my pokemon got poisoned. I don't even know if I caught it or killed it I only vaugely remember trying to catch it because it felt like something was strange about it, I can't recall if I was successful. It doesn't really matter since I can't transfer it anyway.

Then, years later I got HeartGold remembering that I played Gold into it's grave...
and what do I encounter right before one of the towns but another. stupid. shiny. Stantler.
ಠ▂ಠ whhhyyyyy

What are the odds of that even?!

I never had any other shinies cause I suck at chaining.

pobblebonk

Post by pobblebonk »

Same odds as getting any other pokemon but daisies. Double Stantlered.
I have a monopoly on the truth.

Omnithea
Executive Producer

Post by Omnithea »

I've never looked for Shinies, never chained, never replayed the versions all that much. Shiny Nidoran in Soulsilver, Shiny Onyx in Platinum, Shiny Staryu and Sewaddle in Black 2. Zero in Y.
Character is what you are in the dark.
1461-6648-8346

Wesley Foxx

Post by Wesley Foxx »

I found a shiny Bellsprout way back when during gen 2, I forget which version though. Haven't found any since though I didn't play gens 4-6 until recently due to not having the cheddar for a DS. (Got a 2DS for xmas) Found a shiny Klink on the GTS, didn't even realize it was shiny until I received it and was like "wait, I thought it was silver, not brass-OH MY GOOOOOOD"

Galax

Post by Galax »

So is the new "talk about pokemon" topic?
The gayest girl you know.

RubyTheMaster

Post by RubyTheMaster »

MrPotatoMan wrote:My best shiny story:
I used to play the fuck out of Emerald when I was younger, I spent months looking for a Feebas fishing spot (If you don't know Feebas we're only found in 14 different tiles that randomized every day on a certain lake/route) so when I finally found one I was so excited and pop flyin' that I must have caught at least 100+ Feebas. I returned to my Emerald game years later only to find one of the Feebas I caught was fuckin Shiny so now I have a level 100 shiny Milotic in X that I've had for years.
Okay, wait. How did you get it from Emerald into X? I know that getting Pokemon transferred from the, like, nine DS games is super-easy, but how do you get them from the GBA versions?

*Is nub* ._.
vealin99 wrote:that egg is going places
no really... It's going places fucking catch it
changed accounts, now im lio★zenith. radical amirite

Paper_Pikmin

Post by Paper_Pikmin »

RubyTheMaster wrote:
MrPotatoMan wrote:My best shiny story:
I used to play the fuck out of Emerald when I was younger, I spent months looking for a Feebas fishing spot (If you don't know Feebas we're only found in 14 different tiles that randomized every day on a certain lake/route) so when I finally found one I was so excited and pop flyin' that I must have caught at least 100+ Feebas. I returned to my Emerald game years later only to find one of the Feebas I caught was fuckin Shiny so now I have a level 100 shiny Milotic in X that I've had for years.
Okay, wait. How did you get it from Emerald into X? I know that getting Pokemon transferred from the, like, nine DS games is super-easy, but how do you get them from the GBA versions?

*Is nub* ._.
You use the Pal Park feature from Generation IV, which allowed people to one-way transfer games from Generation III to Generation IV.
Michael a la Mode wrote:Let's do the cheddar-making with me!