The Strong, Silent Phenotype

WHY DOES THIS COMIC SUCK
Loyle

Re: The Strong, Silent Phenotype

Post by Loyle »

somerandomguy wrote:I mean, it is a world with super science elements like...psychics
I'm at a loss for words.
“The best way to get a right answer on the internet is not to ask the question, but to post the wrong answer.”
Kamak wrote:Staying fresh isn't about looking cool, it's about being safe.

Uejji

Post by Uejji »

It doesn't matter how it's done. It's an old video game.

It was determined (again, method irrelevant) that Big Boss's effectiveness as a soldier was genetic, and that it was his recessive genes that were the most effective, so in creating David and Eli, David received the dominant genes and Eli the recessive genes. This is why Eli has blonde hair and blue eyes, for instance.

It doesn't matter how they determined it or what metric they used to qualify inferior vs superior. It's a plot point in an old video game.

Although Eli was the superior clone, he knew he had the recessive genes, so for some reason he thought this made him the inferior clone. However, he was wrong.

In the end, though, it wasn't that one clone lost to another, it was that one clone succumbed to FOXDIE and the other did not.

Trueblade74

Post by Trueblade74 »

Oh my god, are we really having this discussion? This deal with Liquid and dominant/recessive genes is almost as old as MGS1 itself, people, and is widely agreed to be silly Hollywood Science by now. Please don't keep resurrecting it.

Uejji

Post by Uejji »

Just politely pointing out a small error in the latest strip. No need to make it weird.

Loyle

Post by Loyle »

No argument this time, I just feel it's important to note that I vehemently oppose taking anything Ocelot says at face value. Ocelot, who's an omniple agent (he works for everyone, at all times, against everyone else), who lies so habitually that he lies to himself and successfully convinces himself that he shares a brain with an arm-ghost, and whose only loyalties lay in his adorable fanboy crush of Big Boss.
“The best way to get a right answer on the internet is not to ask the question, but to post the wrong answer.”

LockeZ

Post by LockeZ »

Wait, I thought he was an omnipple agent because he infilitrated every nipple in the world

GameZone

Post by GameZone »

LockeZ wrote:Wait, I thought he was an omnipple agent because he infilitrated every nipple in the world
there is potential for a very, very disturbing edit here
Image Image Image Image Image

DarkLink1996

Post by DarkLink1996 »

All right, strap in.

First and foremost, even in universe, this is considered outdated thinking. The reason that the clones have dominate/recessive genes, was to bring out the supposed genes that make the perfect soldier. Liquid has the recessive, Solid the dominant. The recessive genes were considered superior, because if soldier genes were dominant, they would already have many "perfect soldiers", by nature alone. Its implied that Ocelot fooled Liquid into believing that the recessive genes were inferior as part of his ultra convoluted plot.

Loyle

Post by Loyle »

Didn't the Patriots or whoever play Peacewalker? There are tons of really good soldiers with capped combat stats.

Galax

Post by Galax »

Metal Gear is confusing and never makes sense, expecting it to make sense and then derailing a comic thread trying to force it to make sense & convince other people that your view of how it makes sense is just even more nonsense.

Or, as the comic itself tells us...

[Also is it time for a Reaction Face List update?]
The gayest girl you know.

JMorris90

Post by JMorris90 »

The Strong, Silent Phenotype is not just a recent phenomenon. It has been around for ages and persists to this day. The traditional masculine role in society was one of provider, protector, and leader. You can get hiretop to complete your marketing work. These are qualities that have always been desired in men by both their partners and the public at large.