Things that piss you off

How do I made forum
Superior Bacon
Most Important Member

Re: Things that piss you off

Post by Superior Bacon »

my roommate keeps eating my food

i buy pizza, he gets drunk as shit and eats half of it. i let him have some chinese food, he eats half of it. he buys me chinese food to make up for eating all my food, he eats it. i don't understand this boy.
[5:06:23 PM] Yeili: this is kind of cool, i've beaten a murderer in mario party.

TheStranger
Eternal Ray of Sunshine

Post by TheStranger »

Superior Bacon wrote:my roommate keeps eating my food

i buy pizza, he gets drunk as shit and eats half of it. i let him have some chinese food, he eats half of it. he buys me chinese food to make up for eating all my food, he eats it. i don't understand this boy.
If he's anything like me, he cant resist food he wants to eat, it used to happen all the time when I still lived at home. Whenever my brother had leftover pizza, I'd eat it, because I REALLY love pizza, and that love trumped all sense of respect for other peoples property. Selfish? Yes. Shortsighted? Yes. But the idea that the food is RIGHT THERE trumps all rational thought
http://tapastic.com/series/WinterOfDiscontent

3DS Friend Code: 5301-0698-1791

Reyo

Post by Reyo »

My roommate and I got into an argument pertaining to that very thing a little while ago, only it wasn't even his food I ate. His girlfriend came by and left food in our freezer. About a week and a half later, it was still there, so I cooked it, and ate it. It wasn't even that I cooked and ate all of it in one sitting, I made it and left 50-75% of it as leftovers in the fridge. We still got into an argument over me "not respecting her (his girlfriend) property." and that "You (I) knew she was going to eat it soon." Ignoring the fact that the second argument didn't even make sense, food being left in the freezer for more than a week enters territory where you don't want it anymore, especially if it's in my freezer. If you want to use freezing temperatures to marinate your food for days at a time, use your own freezer, not mine.

The funny thing is later, she left more food at the apartment, and trying to be cute my roommate said "Just so you know, this is her food, and she doesn't want you to eat it." so I replied with "Just so you know, I own that freezer more than she does, and leaving it there for more than a week tells me she doesn't want it anymore." I eventually got down to the bottom of it where it turned out she was buying more food than her minifridge could handle, but didn't want to "waste the cheddar" on a bigger fridge to store her food. Her logic was that we'd totally be willing to give up our own space to accommodate for it.

I don't know, though, that's my specific situation. Yours sounds more like he eats things based on opportunity. A quick fix to that could be to simply make your meals one serving at a time, and only rely on eating food you have to go through some process to prepare, like pasta, or anything baked.

Game Angel wrote:"I have a penis but I'm not 100% sure it's a penis"

wordNumber

Post by wordNumber »

And Blackboard is acting busted. Fucking awesome.

Riku

Post by Riku »

As in the shitty booty site that colleges are using for online modules/lectures? Oh, how I pity thee.

Misterme7

Post by Misterme7 »

When I talk about trying to do things better for the planet and people remark about how my generation will be better about it and it's so good I'm doing it, it pisses me off. They say it's good I'm doing it, but they won't even try it because it isn't as economically good for them or would take a couple more minutes. How little people care about anything important infuriates me. Even listening to people talk is starting to annoy me at how pointless everything they care about is.
I had a dream which was not all a dream

Reyo

Post by Reyo »

Resident: Hi, my name is *name*, I live here.
Me: Did you say *other name*?
Resident: No, *name*! (It's not uncommon I can't hear the name correctly the first time.)
Driver: She lives here.
Me: Oh, so they're just dropping you off? (Read as: "If you say yes, then I can send you through without looking at the computer.")
Resident: No, they're guests!
Me: No, what I mean is-
Driver: My name's *name*, I'm on the list!
Person in back: We've been coming through for a week!
Me: ...what I mean is-
*drives through*
Me: ...K

The more I work this security job, the more I learn that 90% of the time, the little freakout session people do to try and intimidate the guy into getting you through the gate quicker is just going to interrupt whatever they were doing to do that for you anyway.

All you're going to do is spend that few minutes yelling reasons why he should just let you through the gate already when they would've let you through the gate anyway a few minutes earlier.

This is that "You don't need to see my ID, just call them" fiasco all over again...

Game Angel wrote:"I have a penis but I'm not 100% sure it's a penis"

Winchester

Post by Winchester »

Had my routine dental checkup this morning, everything went well.

A moment ago one of my front teeth got a little chip on the tip.

Fucking. Fantastic.

shazza
Future Farm Bone Overlord

Post by shazza »

last saturday i bought myself a new computer case

it came in a couple days ago

today i sat down after work to finally put the guts of my computer into the case

turns out the entire front end of my new case is powered by usb 3.0, which my motherboard is too old to accept

drive 20 minutes to the nearest fry's right at closing to try and find a card that'll convert it for me

guess what the only thing they're out of in the usb card section is

newegg won't overnight me a card; can't get tigerdirect to let us select a shipping option, ebay/amazon takes too long

fuck my life

every god daisies time i get a new piece of technology the universe feels the need to shove its dick up my booty and make it a fucking TRIAL BY FIRE to get it working properly

so i guess i either have to put the guts back into my old case (another 2 hours, oh boy,) or be without a desktop for at least 3 days - the fastest shipping newegg will give me. i'm really not feeling this. because saturday is spend all day playing games day, and my laptop is not really built to run payday at anything resembling a good framerate.
Image Image

Shining Charizard

Post by Shining Charizard »

Goddangit UPS, my book was in Waco yesterday. It should have been here today, you lazy bum.

I had to look at packages all day while I was dropping off door hangers. Then I come home to no package.

If this thing isn't here by tomorrow, screw everything. I need it before Saturday and I won't have enough time to read it if it doesn't come in tomorrow.

Riku

Post by Riku »

Computer is being a super slow bag of diiiiiiiiicks. My best guess is that it's related to some unchecked defect in the recent windows update, since that's when it started, and I don't know when I would have run across any questionable content to cause problems on my computer.

Boler

Post by Boler »

Hate being endlessly annoyed and stressed out over the same first world problems constantly, but can't really voice them or think about it much without feeling like an entitled twat.

scebboaliwiw

Post by scebboaliwiw »

"Saying that women should dress conservatively if they don't want to be raped is wrongful victim-blaming."
Ok, good, that's true.
"Don't get tattoos if you want to ever have a job."
ugh.

And then there's the idea some people seem to have that "coercion" means "coercion for sex". Do some people just not realize that's it's possible to be an asshole in regards to matters that don't involve sex or something?
Last edited by scebboaliwiw on Sat May 17, 2014 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Riku

Post by Riku »

Before I launch into complaining, I would like to say that some bicyclists are totally okay, and there are definitely areas where even the less-okay people are still good for their bikes (like any level place with a speed limit less than 30).

HOWEVER. There are packs of them in my area, who think it's a fucking awesome idea to clog up the 45 mph, two lane highway full of turns and hills that you can't see around. I got so frustrated with them the other day that I started making up lyrics to the song I was humming. So I now present "daisies These Bicycles" in the style of "daisies these Vampires" by the Mountain Goats.

Lame middle aged men
of the Spokane side

Mount their bicycles--
it's spring time

Take up whole lanes
hold 'em back

Let this whole town get stopped in their tracks.

Car and truck drivers
trying in vain

To get where they're going
without rain

They pull up behind them,
shaking their fists.

"Mark my words, I will remember this."

Slowed to a crawl at ten
Stuck behind some of these jerks
Goddamn these bicycles.
I need to get to work.

shazza
Future Farm Bone Overlord

Post by shazza »

bought a pci card to allow my computer to use usb 3.0 so i can turn the thing on

still not working :D

fuck my life

pprently i'm a fucking idiot and my power supply is too weak to support my case but we can't even get power for some reason and my friends whom we've asked for help are being really condescending and just fuck this i'm done i give up whatever made me think i could upgrade my computer slowly so i don't have to starve for a month to pay for it hahahahahaha

i go to take a bath to calm down and the fucking hot water is out

i give up
Image Image