Dangan Crossing: Let's Escape Hope Town! Night 10! ???

How do I made forum
Kamak
Riku's other favorite

Dangan Crossing: Let's Escape Hope Town! Night 10! ???

Post by Kamak »

Credit to Banter for being an art slave. Super High Villager Level MSPainter?

This is it. You're on your way to a new life in a new town. Hope Town, to be exact. It's a small town where individuals with Super High Village Level Skills in various fields are invited to live. This train is taking you there right now, and you're uncertain what kind of other villagers you'll find.

Oh look, it seems you locked eyes with a fellow train passenger. He sure seems friendly.

Err, what? (Maybe you were wrong about that...)

Image "What do you want to ask?" you say a bit nervously.

Image "This train is heading to Hope Town right now, but usually there aren't many people who head over that way, Mya ha!"

Image "Oh, why's that?"

Image "Because it's a pretty hard place to get into, what with those Super Duper Pooper Scooper requirements, you know what I'm saying?"

Image "Oh yeah, right."

Hope Town's renowned around the world for being a great place to live. If you manage to stick it out in that village for a year, you'll be on the path to success in anything you do, even if you try to make it in The City.

Image "Would you be on your way to Hope Town right now?"

Wow, he's pretty perceptive.

Image "I bet you're thinking that I'm perceptive, aren't you?"

Image "Wha- how?"

Image "I can read minds."

Image "..."

Image "Just kidding. Anyways, how about telling me a little about yourself?"

Villager name: (use villagers that are in the AC games (no special event characters or NPCs with a role like Tortimer or Pelly. They'll have their own roles to play), there's a shitton of them, and if you need help, this is a good list of them all)
Picture:
Birthday (yours or the villager you're playing as, whatevs, probably won't be in the game, but I might have fun with this):

Image Rules will be in next post. Please note that the game will require some level of commitment, so if you're going to be inactive a lot in the next couple of weeks or so, this may not be a good fit for you. If you can check in daily, that'd be super~
Last edited by Kamak on Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:22 am, edited 46 times in total.
-K-
ImageImage

Kamak
Riku's other favorite

Re: Dangan Crossing: Let's Enjoy Hope Town! (Tentative Rules

Post by Kamak »

Reserve for rules that I'm working on right now!

DANGAN CROSSING

(someone feel free to art out an icon for this, that'd be super baller if you could)

So, Dangan Ronpa is a thing about murders and despair, and Animal Crossing is another thing about simulated living in a forest with animals. And whatever the hell Dr. Shrunk is.

So why not mix them together?

Note: You don't have to know anything about AC or DR to play this game. The rules are kinda loosely based on DR's system of doing things, but I hope that this game will not spoil the fun of the games for anyone. Spoilers from the DR games will not be tolerated, and any similarity to the events in those games should be coincidental. However, you might enjoy this a bit more if you know what the hell this thing is based off of, so I suggest poking around in the DR thread (avoid spoilers, for the love of god) for a link to an LP and learning a bit more about the game and setting. It's a fun ride if you're into mysteries and courtroom antics.

Okay, so here's the details:

-There are 16 players (number subject to change, I'm flexible, but that should be the upper limit). Each will assume the role of a villager NPC from animal crossing. You will be given a house with some mundane items in them, some of which may be used for murder. Each player will also be assigned a "Super High Village Level Skill", which may be listed publicly or privately, depending on factors. Each skill will have some real game value, possibly something like "once a trial lie detection" or something of that sort.
-One player will assume the role of Mastermind and be a human living amongst the animals. The Mastermind will work alongside me, the mascot of Hope Town, in order to know what's going on at all times.
-The other 15 players must out the mastermind, but can only do so when the mastermind commits murder.
-In the meantime, other players may commit murder (or be forced to commit murder if no one obliges), an investigation will ensue, and each player will get clues as to how the murder took place and who might have done the killing. There may be false leads.
-A trial will follow every murder that takes place. The players must figure out who is the killer and come to a decisive vote.
-If the murderer is caught by the majority voters, they will be executed (possibly alongside any of the minority voters, this may be random chance for them being killed, like RNG). If the murderer gets away with it, the game ends and the remaining villagers will be executed, resulting in a murderer/mastermind win.
-A mid vote may be used to gauge how people will vote before making a final vote. This will be done anonymously most likely.
-The villagers only win when they can out the mastermind and escape Hope Town.

I'll give more details on the nitty gritty when we get to it, but for now, the mechanics don't matter so much as long as you understand how the game in general is going to work. There's also likely going to be a bit of time to hang out and potentially RP, between horrifically murdering eachother so have fun with that.

TOM NOOK'S TOWN RULES

Failure to follow these rules will result in horrific murder for your character. And please, for the love of god, if you're the mastermind, don't break the rules. You're the one technically making them.

1. No editing. I don't think I need to emphasize this, but I will say that this could be the one that screws you over if you don't remember it. Etch it in your brain for your sake. I don't want drama and I don't want to kill someone for something stupid like this. I want to kill you because you killed a little girl in cold blood or something.

2. Follow forum rules. About the only rule that can be disregarded kinda is the double/triple post rule, since it conflicts with rule one, but do try to keep this to a minimum. I don't necessarily want to see three posts of "Lol, tis is dumb" "this*" "daisies, I can't believe I typo'd that."

3. No personal attacks or nastiness. People are going to accuse you of murder. Of which you may or may not be guilty of. If you aren't and they're going to "ruin the game" by ganging up on you, getting mad isn't the option. If you're the murderer and someone figured you out for a completely bullshit reason and you've just lost the game because of it, getting mad isn't going to make the game more enjoyable for everyone else. I don't foresee this being a problem, but if proletariats need to step into this thread, I'm going to kill the guilty party.

4. Only 1 after-death post. And it can't be directly related to the game. No "the Mayor is X" (though you can say "The Mayor is..." and end the post there).

5. No leaving the boundaries of the town. You will be killed for attempting to do so, and there is no escape before the game is over.

6. The Mayor's House is off-limits to all villagers. Anyone seen breaking into the mayor's house will be killed instantly.

7. Nighttime runs from 10 PM to 8 AM. During this time, Main Street is strictly off-limits.

8. Villagers may not sleep outside of a house. Bad things will happen to them~

9. Cameras are not to be tampered with. Doing so will result in a meeting with Tom Nook.

10. In game rules can be added at any time. I will try to make a big deal about new rules that are added so no one feels like they were tricked, but feel free to come back to this often.

If you have any questions about how the game will be played, PLEASE ASK. I will update this post repeatedly to clarify things as necessary. I just don't want to get too bogged down in circumstances right now. If you're iffy about information when the game starts, I will do the best of my ability to answer questions without breaking the game.

The Map of Hope Town
Last edited by Kamak on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 8 times in total.
-K-
ImageImage

Kamak
Riku's other favorite

Re: Dangan Crossing: Let's Enjoy Hope Town!

Post by Kamak »

Reserve for future shit that I might need this for? IDK, man.

List of vic- Villagers:

Bud (Chopstix): July 24th
Super High Villager Level Idol
DECEASED

Joe (Barabba): April 20th
Super High Villager Level Archeologist

Pierce (Marcato): April 16th
Super High Villager Level Heir
DISCEASED

Whitney (Cori): September 17th
Super High Villager Level ???

Cranston (FlyingGiraffe): April 25th
Super High Villager Level Priest
DISCEASED

Punchy (TerraChimera): April 11th
Super High Villager Level Rock Star

Diana (Game Angel): January 4th
Super High Villager Level Crafter
DISCEASED

Octavian (Crisp): September 20th
Super High Villager Level Swimmer

Lucky (Misterme7): January 9th
Super High Villager Level Good Luck

Coco (Alec): March 1st
Super High Villager Level Wiccan

Isabelle: December 20th
Super High Villager Level Secretary

Total: 7
Last edited by Kamak on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:04 am, edited 9 times in total.
-K-
ImageImage

Chopstix
the sweetest lion around

Post by Chopstix »

Villager name: Bud
Picture: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... px-Bud.png
Birthday july 24th maaaan

(look how fabulous this mother fucker is)

Cori
jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan

Post by Cori »

Interesting. Not really sure if it's a good idea for me to sign up, since I'm not much of an animal crossing person ehehe.
[8:18:42 AM] Joh Terraem: Cori, I've always found your encyclopedic knowledge of dicks to be quite charming and repulsive at the same time

Kamak
Riku's other favorite

Post by Kamak »

Animal Crossing theme is mostly to contrast heavily with the fact that these adorable creatures will be murdering eachother for the sake of trying to leave this seemingly perfect town.

Original idea was to dole out original DR game characters but if circumstances lined up like in the game, people might take issue, and I didn't want "yo, if X died, than Y is the killer because it happened in the game", even as a joke because then people who didn't go through DR will be spoiled.

And that's terrible.

I think it'll be more fun with these villagers. Just find one that suits you based on personality, favorite animal, or whatever and join in if you want. You don't need to know... well, anything about AC to play.
-K-
ImageImage

Barabba

Post by Barabba »

Awww, I wanted to be able to pick my own talent.

Name: Joe
Picture: Image
Birthday: April 20th, 1995
Last edited by Barabba on Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
天生萬物以養人

人無一善以報天

殺殺殺殺殺殺殺

Rinoko
Shipping Guru

Post by Rinoko »

Name: Pierce
Picture: I'll put one up soon.
Birthday: April 16
[Citation Needed] wrote:your superinsulatory properties have always been a founding tenet of our friendship

Cori

Post by Cori »

Name: Whitney
Birthday: September 17
[8:18:42 AM] Joh Terraem: Cori, I've always found your encyclopedic knowledge of dicks to be quite charming and repulsive at the same time

FlyingGiraffe

Post by FlyingGiraffe »

Oh I'm so in this

Name: Cranston
Birthday: April 25th
[img]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s233/Mr-McShahoozlefitz/MGS2StillmanFace-1.png[/img]

Madican
No face

Post by Madican »

This reminds me of that AC creepypasta/LP. Been years since I saw it.
Stuff goes here later.

Cori

Post by Cori »

I remember that! Hell yeah, that makes this even cooler.

Rinoko
Shipping Guru

Post by Rinoko »

Here's my image.
[Citation Needed] wrote:your superinsulatory properties have always been a founding tenet of our friendship

Kamak
Riku's other favorite

Post by Kamak »

Madican wrote:This reminds me of that AC creepypasta/LP. Been years since I saw it.
Part of the fun of this.

There will also be a mystery, of sorts, to figure out. That is, if everyone doesn't die.
-K-
ImageImage

Barabba

Re: Dangan Crossing: Let's Enjoy Fuck Town! (Tentative Rules

Post by Barabba »

天生萬物以養人

人無一善以報天

殺殺殺殺殺殺殺