Things that piss you off

How do I made forum
DoNotDelete

Re: Things that piss you off

Post by DoNotDelete »

Chloemew wrote:Also, in a similar vein: nerd shops are the worst because they just sell the exact same Overwatch/Fortnite/Rick & Morty shit in every store, there were tons of stalls like that at i63 and me and my friends had to hunt high and low to find the one singular obligatory TF2 thing (which this year was RED & BLU t-shirts)

pls cater to my niche interests that aren't even that niche because who the fuq HASN'T heard of Megaman or TF2
Yeah. I get kinda sick of all the Rick & Morty stuff everywhere.

I guess I feel the same way about book stores only ever having the same generic manga titles on their shelves. Not enough oddball stuff. It generally all looks like the same generic high school crap to me these days.

Scoot

Post by Scoot »

DoNotDelete wrote:
Chloemew wrote:Also, in a similar vein: nerd shops are the worst because they just sell the exact same Overwatch/Fortnite/Rick & Morty shit in every store, there were tons of stalls like that at i63 and me and my friends had to hunt high and low to find the one singular obligatory TF2 thing (which this year was RED & BLU t-shirts)

pls cater to my niche interests that aren't even that niche because who the fuq HASN'T heard of Megaman or TF2
Yeah. I get kinda sick of all the Rick & Morty stuff everywhere.

I guess I feel the same way about book stores only ever having the same generic manga titles on their shelves. Not enough oddball stuff. It generally all looks like the same generic high school crap to me these days.
All this makes me miss the nerd culture from 10+ or so years ago. ThinkGeek and J!NX and the like before they become more about pop culture and less about scientific oddities.

J!NX stings even more because they were local to my hometown and used to give discounts and free same-day shipping. Half of my high school wardrobe was supplied by them.
haha no

Chloemew

Post by Chloemew »

My friend basically summarised it by saying like 90% of the stalls there just googled "video game" and picked the top results

smh @ these fake gamers >:^(

Ersatz

Post by Ersatz »

Microsoft products are anachronistic pieces of shit.

I've been spending two days reinventing the square wheel at work doing mindnumbing tasks that will take weeks to complete and will require constant adjustments in the future but could be done in bodaciously 15 minutes with no additional maintenance if NTFS and Windows didn't make symbolic links third-class citizens and if VisualStudio didn't explicitly ignore them in favour of the same fucking thing partially yet badly reimplemented as xml with no support for symbolic directories whatsoever.

Cori
jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan jackie chan

Post by Cori »

I love how I can make the most gently-worded, mild request that I can conceive and get it blown wildly out of proportion by the person I'm making the request to. And then they proceed to vagueblog about it on tumblr, like they're really going to show me the business. Even though we've talked MULTIPLE TIMES in the past about them not doing the thing I asked them not to do.

Yes, I get the irony of vagueblogging about them while complaining about them vagueblogging about me. At this point I do not give a fuck.
[8:18:42 AM] Joh Terraem: Cori, I've always found your encyclopedic knowledge of dicks to be quite charming and repulsive at the same time

Syobon
+4 to defense

Post by Syobon »

I can't fucking sleep.

Valbrandur
Punthusiast

Post by Valbrandur »

On New Years day, my TV decided to start messing up, so it can't even be used any longer. So my first purchase this year was a new TV apparently.

Ersatz

Post by Ersatz »

tried fiddling with my UEFI to allow virtual machines on my computer
somehow now my monitor in unrecognized and receives no input at all
i hate hardware

Bestia

Post by Bestia »

I hate changing a car. It takes to much time. Just got a new car but gosh, I spent tons of time on it

Billius

Post by Billius »

The thing that bothers me is that few people know good dating sites and don't even really notice a site like eharmony.com. Simply, in my opinion, this site could help a sufficiently large number of people so that they could find their person.

Ubrigens

Post by Ubrigens »

Lotharu wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:17 am
Speaking of car troubles! Went to leave to pick up some product for my store after my shift and my car wouldn't start. Didn't think it was the battery because all the lights and extra stuff came on when I turned the key. Thankfully my new store is right next to an auto shop and there were able to fix me up. Turns out my battery was right at the point where it had enough power to start the electronics, but not enough to start the car. $150 later... Right after I told myself I wasn't going to spend any more cheddar until I start payiI wish I that were your most serious problems.
I have no problems with cleaning or repairing the car. I have problems with cleaning my house. My back is aching. I want some robot vacuum cleaner. And all that together pisses me off! ng everything from the move off.

FredrickRamirezIII

Post by FredrickRamirezIII »

Ubrigens wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 12:33 pm
Lotharu wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:17 am
Speaking of car troubles! Went to leave to pick up some product for my store after my shift and my car wouldn't start. Didn't think it was the battery because all the lights and extra stuff came on when I turned the key. Thankfully my new store is right next to an auto shop and there were able to fix me up. Turns out my battery was right at the point where it had enough power to start the electronics, but not enough to start the car. $150 later... Right after I told myself I wasn't going to spend any more cheddar until I start payiI wish I that were your most serious problems.
I have no problems with cleaning or repairing the car. I have problems with cleaning my house. My back is aching. I want some robot vacuum cleaner. And all that together pisses me off! ng everything from the move off.
I would really love to buy a robot vacuum cleaner for myself. Do you know where to get one? I was trying to find the best blog about it and found that there is this answer here about how to use them. Look, I am really fed up with manually cleaning all my house myself! Sometimes I feel that my family thinks I am their slave.