COMIC IDEAS

WHY DOES THIS COMIC SUCK
Great Eyewarp

Re: COMIC IDEAS

Post by Great Eyewarp »

He Who Is Without Cinders
Warning: spoilers for Fire Emblem: Three Houses' Cindered Shadows DLC
Panel 1
Byleth: Hey Yuri, nice work in that last battle. We could really use someone like you. Wanna join my class?
Yuri: Ah, that's very kind of you, professor, but I don't think you'd want me in your house.
Panel 2
Yuri: [looking angsty in an overly dramatic way] You see…I've done things in the past I'm not proud of. I've even…killed people!
Panel 3
Byleth: [stoic, unfazed] ………and?
Yuri: What?
Panel 4
Byleth: If that's all, I don't think you have much to worry about.
Yuri: Seriously? I mean, I killed a whole bunch of knights.
Panel 5
Byleth: Eh, that's not so bad. Since I've started teaching, each of my students has killed more people than you can imagine!
Linhardt: [sitting on a bench with a 1,000 yard stare] I…I haven't slept in days…Whenever I close my eyes, I see their bodies…
Dorothea: [comforting him; arm around his shoulders]I know…I know…
Panel 6
Yuri: But…uh…I was ordered to kill a bunch of my friends and--
Sylvain: [shrugging, smiling sheepishly] Hey, I just stabbed my brother to death. Once you've killed a family member, nothing really fazes you any more, you know?
Ashe: [hugging himself, trembling and staring at the floor] Speak for yourself…
Panel 7
Byleth: [arm around Yuri's shoulder, oblivious to his horror] See? You'll fit right in!
Yuri: Y-yeah…
Panel 8
Yuri: [walking off] Well, sounds great, professor! I just remembered, I left something in Abyss. I'll be right back!
Panel 9
Yuri: [sitting across from Valbar and Kamui in a tavern] …and that's why I moved to Valentia!
Kamui: Wait, so your name's not actually Leon?
The artist formerly known as Sir Real

Zefiro

Post by Zefiro »

Featuring dante from the decil may cry series

Omnithea
Executive Producer

Post by Omnithea »

Blatherskites:
Blathers trips over the collection of things the player has left for him and lands in a cage with a tarantula. Alternatively he steps out of his tent and sees a wall of bugs.

Arachnickel and Dime:
The Nooks pay so much for tarantulas because they're assembling an army. They unleash the spiders on inhabited islands in order to make them uninhabited.

Sun Turn:
Helios unleashes the power of the sun against Kratos but blinds himself due to Kratos's pale skin. A sunburned Kratos rips off his head.

Bread and Bananas:
DK loses banana hoard. Takes back banana hoard. Finds out that they didn't refrigerate the fruit. Makes a ton of banana bread. Maybe takes some to his enemies due to an excess of it.

Cloud Cover:
Cloud doesn't have a blanket so he just sleeps underneath his oversized sword.

Glove Up:
Kratos returns to Sindri to get more Wrist Armor forged. Sindri asks him why he needs so many.
KRATOS: "It wouldn't be sanitary to reuse them."
Atreus and Mimir stare in shock at Kratos telling a joke. Sindri does not appreciate the sass.
Character is what you are in the dark.
1461-6648-8346

Rembot

Post by Rembot »

Afterlife of the party (Shovel Knight)
The Order of no Quarter is enjoying dinner in the Tower of Fate.
Then Specter Knight starts eating Turkey bones, apple cores, and rotten carrots.
Every other member of the Order notices and stares Specter Knight in shock and disgust.
Specter Knight: ...what??

Alternate Ending:
Polar Knight: Pass the salt.
Greetings from the Lurker Underworld

Omnithea
Executive Producer

Post by Omnithea »

Eggs, Hugs, Bugs:
That rabbit is the spearhead of an invasion and the eggs are an infestation of its progeny.

Stöp ðrop Rolr:
Kratos catches fire in the midst of battle.
ATREUS: "Father!! You're on FIRE!!"
KRATOS: "It will pass."
A little later we see Atreus reviving Kratos with a Resurrection Stone.
ATREUS: "That's not how fire works, Dad."

Hair Raising
Kratos goes down in battle and Atreus takes his time reviving him. Kratos checks the length of his beard.

Barret For Your Valentine:
Barret runs out of bullets fighting Shinra soldiers. Returns to Tifa's bar for a drink. Takes shot after shot while calling out RELOAD. Gun now has ammo.

Evermore Bass/Base Expansion:
Evan upgrades the Level of his kingdom. Bigger walls. Bigger coffers. Bigger orchestra. Cue Evan getting knocked off his feet by the chanting.

Evermore Money/Evermore Problems:
The coffers at Evermore are full. The citizens just toss the extra Kingsguilders into the river. Downriver the party is confused by what they keep finding.
1461-6648-8346

Omnithea
Executive Producer

Post by Omnithea »

Copt To It:
Sonic and Tails arrive to face Robotnik. He descends in a helicopter pod to dock with a drill tank.
TAILS: "Oh, no! He's virtually untouchable!"
The helicopter blades retract. Sonic waits a few seconds. Shrugs and jumps on his head. Possibly have Tails try to speak up about leaving the blades running only for Sonic to shush him.

Wireless Power Transmission:
A character pulls out a Megalixir to save his party in the midst of battle. The label reads "Family size" or "Serves 3". The bottle isn't very big. He drinks the Elixir and is healed. Looks in confusion at his still battered teammates. Suddenly burps out a sparkling mist. Entire party is healed. Alternatively a Megalixir is just a jumbo sized potion with three straws.

Viral Trinity:
A denizen of Twilight Town opens a box with an elaborate dessert inside. Salivates at the sight of it and digs in. A label on the side of the box reads in flowing cursive: "Lovingly made by a rat out of ingredients pulled from the garbage and financed by a pantsless water fowl."

Price of Admission:
Ienzo is going through Ansem's code when his eyes widen in shock. He asks Sora if he's experiencing any odd symptoms. Looks down at map of Sora's body. Each organ is labeled with a different amusement park ride.

Mechanism of Action:
Additional ways that a Megalixir might work.
Obnoxious perfume spray.
Pull pin, throw, health explosion.
Evaporating mist that turns to rain cloud over party.
Sentient slime that seeks out and embraces party.
Communicable beneficial virus.
One party member gets to drink it and experiences mitosis, turning into entire party. Remaining party members experience apoptosis.
Party just stands really close together as they try to spray everyone equally.

Abridged:
Rapunzel tearfully recites the Flower's Song in order to heal. Halfway through Donald walks up and casts Cure. Sora and Goofy stare daggers at him for spoiling the moment.
DONALD: "We've got like ten more worlds to get through."
1461-6648-8346

Siege_TF

Post by Siege_TF »

Veteran's eyes

Bouncer: "Welcome to the Rusty Barnacle, how tough are ya?"
Sora: "..."
(Closeup of Soras' deadpan face, transparent, with images of Sephiroth, Ursula, the Hydra, etc as the backdrop)
Bouncer: "Uh, ya know what? I'll... take yer word for it."
Goofy: "Gorsh, what that about?"
Donald: "Ducked if I know. I'm more curious about how we're gonna drink under water."
Emperor's teeth how horrifying!

Omnithea
Executive Producer

Post by Omnithea »

Bemusement Park:
A member of Organization XIII arrives back at base covered in wounds.
"So how did the mission go?"
"There were fireworks, a Merry-Go-Round, and ice skating."
"Soooo...?"
"It was a living nightmare."

Spore Dietary Choice:
Ellie and Joel are resting around a campfire. Joel is eating.
JOEL: "This is pretty good. What is it?"
ELLIE: "I found some mushrooms."

Sticker Shock:
Chip and Dale get an order and blueprints from Sora for a new Gummi Ship. It's massive.
CHIP: "Ooh, boy. This one's a monster."
DALE: "Let's get this over with."
Dale takes a big swig of water and hands the bottle to his brother. They start licking Gummi blocks and sticking them together. Last panel has them passed out in front of a giant ship with a box labeled INSULIN just out of reach.

Meat Bicycle Origin:
Fl4k hijacks a Bandit vehicle and drives it to the Catch-A-Ride for scanning. Stuck in one of the wheelhouses is a dead Psycho. The resulting car that's produced is made out of flesh.
FL4K: "Hmmmm... I don't hate it."
1461-6648-8346

Shift

Post by Shift »

Check 4:53. That's cold, even for Kirby. They can't even respawn when the slab is on top of them.

Drillbit

Post by Drillbit »

it's been 6 years since Valve has made an official comic for Team Fortress 2...It's also been 6 years since you guys have made a comic about Team Fortress 2. Coincidence? I think not.

But please We're a burdened community desperate for a major update. Please temporarily halt our suffering and make another TF2 comic.

Omnithea
Executive Producer

Post by Omnithea »

Bullet Hell:
Brick wakes up in a cold sweat yelling in fear. The other Vault Hunters wake up in response.
MORDECAI: "What's got into you, Brick?"
BRICK: "It was horrible, Mordy. My dream... there were... there were..."
TINA: "What? Spiderants, Psychos, underwhelming curry?"
BRICK: "Different brands of ammunition!! Different sizes! A variety of calibers. When I bought bullets from Jakobs they didn't fit into the Maliwan. Rockets from Vladof wouldn't fit into my favorite Torgue Launcher, no matter how hard I shoved!!"
MORDECAI: "Hey, hey, buddy, no way. That's just silly and unrealistic. Just a bad dream."
Last edited by Omnithea on Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
1461-6648-8346

SmartNoob

Post by SmartNoob »

That's the Spirit
No dialogue, basically, any Smash character with a projectile attack uses their attack to catch a spirit, only for the projectile to bounce back to them. Fox and Falco come to mind.

ThisAdamGuy

Post by ThisAdamGuy »

I was playing Persona 5 Royal today, and this idea came to me...

*set in Leblanc*
Morgana: "Why are you staring at the bathroom?"
Joker: "I need to think."
Morgana: "Well, they do say you can relax on the toi-WHY ARE YOU BRINGING ME IN THERE WITH YOU?!"
Author, gamer, and terrible signature maker. Read my books (for free holy crap!) at www.bolanderbooks.com. New chapters every Saturday. Juryokine, Amber Silverblood, The Gray Ranger, and more!

Omnithea
Executive Producer

Post by Omnithea »

Caress of Death:
"Did you beat Pikachu?"
"No."
"Is it because you stopped to pet it?"
"Maybe."
"Yeet the rat, Zelda."

Needs Chinstrap:
Mario grabs the Wing Cap and jumps from a great height. Cap flies. Mario falls.

If the cap sticks to his head it raises the question of how he doesn't break his neck.

Dial Tone It Down:
Joshua battles alongside Neku in Shibuya. He dials a series of numbers into his phone, causing various objects to materialize and drop on his enemies. One of the items is a pizza. Another is a car. Your Uber has arrived.
"Are you Joshua?"

Maybe include Firetrucks, Ambulances, or cops.

Escape Match:
Link and Tatl grab the Ocarina of Time from the Skull Kid at the top of the clock tower.
TATL: "Quick! Do something!"
Deku Link plays a song. Teleports back to Hyrule. In the distance the moon hits Termina.
1461-6648-8346

Siege_TF

Post by Siege_TF »

That gave me an idea.

Pillars Of Jojo Reference

Link: Enough messing around, I'm going to make Ganon come to me. *Ahem*, AY, YA, YA~A, YA!
Link: (plays Pillar Men on ocarina)
Ganon, Darunia, and Impa: (Appears out of nowhere, posing fabulously, but with confused looks on their faces.)
Emperor's teeth how horrifying!