Western Cartoons/Comics

Let me tell you about my Doctor Who/Adventure Time crossover AU highschool fanfiction

Spin the Wheel of Morality?

Yes.
87%
No.
13%

Total votes: 194

Mr. Mander
how much is a score

Re: Western Cartoons/Comics

Post by Mr. Mander »

So through the incompetence of mexican nickelodeon, almost the entirety of Korra book 3 has been leaked online. I haven't viewed them myself but highlights seem to include:

-Lin's siblings
-Still no Lin dad confirmed
-Waterbender with no arms uses water instead, seems to be a villain
-Old Man Zuko appears
-Female villain with powers just like Combustion Man's

BurntToShreds

Post by BurntToShreds »

Old Man Zuko sounds great. I wonder if he will get his own personality quirks or if he will just be Iroh 2.0.
Burn 'em to shreds, tear 'em to ashes.

Mr. Mander
how much is a score

Post by Mr. Mander »

So now the trailer is out

In addition to what I listed earlier, it looks like new people are getting the ability to airbend. Probably a spirit thing. Also featured: Magma-bending.

Mr. Mander
how much is a score

Post by Mr. Mander »

Blitz Walrus
Heavyweight Champion of the Forum

Missile Dropkick, Machine Gun Suplex, Samurai Driver

Post by Blitz Walrus »

The dream is real

BurntToShreds

Post by BurntToShreds »

I wonder if we'll get any new details about it soon, maybe at San Diego comic-con in a few weeks. I'm hoping he got a really good studio to handle this.

BurntToShreds

Post by BurntToShreds »

The RWBY panel at RTX was at 1PM. They showed the first episode, and it was a good length. They have fully textured people in the background now, not just silhouettes. The first fight was a hilarious blast.

Other news:
-They have taken the creator of the RWBY fan game Grim Eclipse onto the Rooster Teeth staff and have made said game official. They will be funding and developing the game, and have shown that Yang will be one of the next characters.
-Warner Bros. Japan will be producing an official Japanese dub.
-They put out an awesome trailer for Season/Volume 2:

-Plushies exist now!

Rinoko
Shipping Guru

Overall pretty satisfying

Post by Rinoko »

My thoughts on the first episode of RWBY Volume 2:

Neat thiefy characters, kinda interested to see where they'll go.

Hahaha what the fuck is up with this food fight? Also it looks like Ruby is getting some new powers possibly?

Oh hey we finally get to see Cinder finally. Oh hey she looks like a girl. Well, OK then.
[Citation Needed] wrote:your superinsulatory properties have always been a founding tenet of our friendship

Terraem
sideburn king

Post by Terraem »

I finally got and read Seconds, by Bryan Lee O'Malley of Scott Pilgrim fame. It's a really nice comic to read, even if it doesn't have as many great characters as his earlier work. It is however much more suspenseful.
Why Would You Do That?!
Skypuh: Same as username!

BurntToShreds

Re: Overall pretty satisfying

Post by BurntToShreds »

Marcato wrote:My thoughts on the first episode of RWBY Volume 2:

Neat thiefy characters, kinda interested to see where they'll go.

Hahaha what the fuck is up with this food fight? Also it looks like Ruby is getting some new powers possibly?

Oh hey we finally get to see Cinder finally. Oh hey she looks like a girl. Well, OK then.
The second episode is out. Still pretty good, with plot stuff getting set up and new characters being introduced.

Looks like Team RWBY will be going after Cinder and Torchwick and company in secret. I'm not really surprised that Cinder, Emerald and Mercury are disguised as students from another school there for the festival.

Ironwood seems to be a pretty decent guy. I especially like that he sneaks a bit of liquor into his coffee.

BurntToShreds

Post by BurntToShreds »

I usually don't go in for big events, but the preview/lead-in to the new Spider-Verse story was pretty daisies good.

Basically, Morlun, a monstrous man who has the ability to drain the life-force of people, has had it out for Spider-Man for quite a while. He was created back in 2001. He seems to be using some technology to hop between dimensions to drain the official Spider-Person in each one.

This is where Superior Spider-Man issue 32 happens. It details the events of what exactly Spock (Otto Octavius who brain-hijacked Peter Parker's body) did when he went through a time-portal once in issue 19. He steals a ton of technology and tries to build a portal to get home, but he accidentally builds an interdimensional portal. He finds a bunch of dead Spider-Men their respective universes and an attack in progress. He then sees that he needs to round up a Spider-Posse to end this.

What's especially interesting is that this introduces a brand-new Spider-Man. This Spider-Man does not pull any punches. I would love to see more of him.

BurntToShreds

Post by BurntToShreds »

I've decided to re-watch Clone High.

I have to wonder: If this show premiered sometime later in the 2000s or even today, with the same creative team and everything, would it have been more of a success?

Terraem
sideburn king

Post by Terraem »

This thursday I believe in Steven.
Why Would You Do That?!
Skypuh: Same as username!

TheStranger
Eternal Ray of Sunshine

Post by TheStranger »

BurntToShreds wrote:I've decided to re-watch Clone High.

I have to wonder: If this show premiered sometime later in the 2000s or even today, with the same creative team and everything, would it have been more of a success?
Actually, it could have been a success if it only hadnt premiered on MTV. They were notoriously flip-floppy with their animated shows, even the ones that had promising ratings, like Downtown. Clone High actually got a pretty decent response, but MTV pulled the plug anyway for whatever reason.
http://tapastic.com/series/WinterOfDiscontent

3DS Friend Code: 5301-0698-1791

Vax
who

Post by Vax »

So I just binge-watched the first season of Young Justice. Absolutely phenomenal show. Real smart and witty, while still balancing serious and character developing scenes (which is something I think Teen Titans mishandled in some places.)

Definitely cements my opinion that DC should concentrate much more on their animated shows/movies
Or, y'know, whatever.