Western Cartoons/Comics

Let me tell you about my Doctor Who/Adventure Time crossover AU highschool fanfiction

Spin the Wheel of Morality?

Yes.
87%
No.
13%

Total votes: 194

BurntToShreds

Re: Western Cartoons/Comics

Post by BurntToShreds »

Barabba wrote:It'd be neat if this allowed for Symbionic Titan to be continued.
From what I understand, Sym-Bionic Titan is tied up with Cartoon Network and all they feel like doing is re-airing the current episodes they have on Toonami. That, and Genndy Tartakovsky left CN to go work at Sony. It would be a miracle for it to get to the same resurrection treatment that Arrested Development got.
Burn 'em to shreds, tear 'em to ashes.

Terraem
sideburn king

Post by Terraem »

So on a recommendation I picked up the first two issues of the new Ghost Rider series. It's a whole new take on the character, where Robbie Reyes is a young latino guy who lives in a gang infested hood of LA with his disabled brother. Through some shenanigans he becomes possessed by the spirit of vengeance but instead of the usual bike he uses a low rider.

So far it really does a good job of keeping me entertained and I'm greatly looking forward to the next issues. It helps that he looks like a total bad-booty.
Why Would You Do That?!
Skypuh: Same as username!

BurntToShreds

Post by BurntToShreds »

Yeah, it's a daisies good series so far. I especially like how it goes about showing the current situation Robby lives in, rather than pages of exposition; They aren't trying to point out to you at every turn that he is Latino.

There's been this problem with comics for a while where any time they introduce a character that is black/Hispanic/muslim, they shove it in your face whenever they can. You can practically hear the creators yelling "Look how progressive we are, guys! We can be cool and multicultural too!" but with this comic I feel like they pulled it off really well. They show Robby, what kind of guy he is, his motivations, and how he becomes Ghost Rider all with good pacing, and some crazy-stylish art to boot.

BurntToShreds

Post by BurntToShreds »

The first Star Wars Rebels trailer has been released. I hope the series does well despite being on Disney XD.

What do you guys think?

vealin99
Furry Trash

Post by vealin99 »

I give it a season
not because it'll be bad but because no company gives two shits about "serious" kids cartoons that can't sell

Sloth
Riku's favorite/American Hero

Post by Sloth »

It's Star Wars
they'll be able to make so many toys from this
it'll do fine
3DS Friend Code : 3024-5725-9941

vealin99
Furry Trash

Post by vealin99 »

anybody else really like clarence?

Liraxus
a title saying "CLODS!"

Post by Liraxus »

I just got the entire Shadowfall comic series, a first for me, and it was overall meh, not much really happened here, it was basically a rerun of Shadow the Hedgehog with a new baddy and the surprise guest appearance of Wechnia the Glitchy echidna I mean uh...Eclipse the Darkling.

What's that, Shadow turns evil? Woopdie doo, he was evil before.
A new meteor? Oh, great, GRAB THE MILITARY!
Black comet's gone? Great, now lets move on to Sonic 06-2!

Really, the only thing I can appreciate is that it's miles better than the Shadow the Hedgehog game, then again, I'm pretty sure a discarded napkin is better than Shadow the Hedgehog's game.

So yeah, it was dissapointing.

I /am/ liking how the Great Chaos Caper is going, though. Will update on that.

The Willow Witch
Tentacle Mistress

Post by The Willow Witch »

I took a vacation a couple weeks ago to Montreal to visit my sister, and during that time I was fixated on going to a comic book store since theres a few graphic novels and comic books that come from artists and creators in Montreal, and the store we went to felt like a little nerd heaven. I ended up picking up Sex Criminals, since I was familiar with the creators and thought it'd be fun to get into, as well as the second issue of Lumberjanes, and Double Fine Action Comics.

I introduced Saga to a friend of mine for her birthday and she got completely hooked on the story, so we went to the bookstore and I sat and read the third issue of it with her and for some reason I had a memory bloob that made me think thatMarko's mother had been killed by Gwendolyn, but I turned out to be wrong. But still, its fun to really get into since the art and story are very good.

I also read one of the Death comic books, which makes me fill full of yay.

Mr. Mander
how much is a score

Post by Mr. Mander »

The main cast of the english Wakfu dub has been announced and there's absolutely no one of any renown on it.

Budget ho!

BurntToShreds

Post by BurntToShreds »

Yeah, I saw that. I was reading about it on /co/ and my favorite post was "What do you expect for a mere half million moose bucks?"

Several of the voice actors do seem accomplished, though. They got the VA of Faith from Mirror's Edge, which is cool.

Kamak
Riku's other favorite

Post by Kamak »

I figured that it was because most of them were European so the casting was mostly being kept across the Atlantic to make things easier and to appeal to Euro/Canadian fans.

I didn't really expect anyone huge though for the limited budget of $80K CAD for a season.
-K-
ImageImage

BurntToShreds

Post by BurntToShreds »

Guillermo del Toro and Jorge R. Gutierrez (creator of El Tigre) are teaming up to make The Book of Life, which is coming out this October.

And if course Ron Perlman has a role in it. Del Toro and Perlman's bromance will never end.

Terraem
sideburn king

Post by Terraem »

I am so hype for that movie. The visuals are my favourite out of any movie I've seen in some time.
Why Would You Do That?!
Skypuh: Same as username!

Topaz Luckdragon
Finder of Filters

Post by Topaz Luckdragon »

I am also hype for the visuals, and I'm super pop flyin' that they got hispanic VA's for the main characters instead of just making them some big-name white actors. It also looks like they did their cultural research as well, which is always good.

Anyways, shouldn't this have gone in the movies thread?