It's My Job To Keep You All Alive (XCOM Let's Play)

Beep beep boop
Spoony
turbo gay

It's My Job To Keep You All Alive (XCOM Let's Play)

Post by Spoony »

Home sweet home. It's my job to save the world from aliens, stay in budget, and not piss off every single group of people in this city. It's also my job to keep all my people alive - and, with some of them, I'm going to fail. Let's get under way.

First order of business, we need more offense. We need to be able to take the fight to them. Mobility is the name of the game here, so let's load up on hover bikes.

Now, we sit pretty and wait for a heads up. This is the calm before the storm; tensions are high.

That didn't take long. A government warehouse down the road on alert. It's always the federales. You can only trust them as much as any other faction.

Off we go, APC roaring along. This city's got a big surprise coming its way if we don't get there soon. God's speed, soldiers.

Here we are, loaded to boot. Ten foolishly brave, fresh faced recruits. They'll soon learn the horrors of battle.

Nothing so far, just a wild civilian running around, getting in the way. It'd be a distraction, if it wasn't for the horrible, other-worldly beasts infilitrating this entire city, specifically this one warehouse.

Little to be seen at basement level, either. Those alien sons of bitches are still slinking around in the shadows, like spineless vermin.

Here is where it begins. Our naive youths have their first encounter; one of the brain suckers. Their helmet saved them this time, but they might not be so lucky next time. Things could have been far, far more tragic.

Further scouting into the brain sucker's lair reveals nothing but more civilians. It begs the question as to why they weren't attacked; or maybe they've already been taken in, hypnotised by their horrible psychic powers. Not that there's time for speculation of how deep the infiltration goes right now; we can leave healthy paranoia for the down time after the mission.

Now we find out where the party's happening. Three blue bastards, getting cosy with the boxes. Possibly themed delivery men, but my gut says otherwise.

We need to get backup down there as soon as we can, before that poor kid gets his face melted off for being too quick.

One of the delivery men launched, or perhaps spawned, another brainsucker near the recruit.

He wasn't as lucky as the first soldier. He's not one of ours anymore.

If he isn't one of ours, he's one of theirs - and their kind only know the business end of our machine guns.

The recruit gets gunned down, without mercy. This soldier's first kill was one who used to be a friendly; it hardly seems fair, but they both knew the risks full well when they signed up for duty.

Now he gets his revenge. Time to unload a few clips at the right targets this time.

Unfortunately, he didn't manage a take down. This is why we needed the backup.

A quick, clean kill. This lad handles his rifle well. Hopefully the rest of the squad follows suit.

The next squaddie comes down, and takes out one of them with a single auto cannon shot. We're holding our ground so far. As long as their resolve lasts, things just might be okay.

The last blueie turns a little yellow, and starts quivering too much to do anything. Unfortunately, he has two brain suckers backing him up.

They both leap straight at the one rookie's face, ripe for the taking.

His armour did little. He's one of them now.

At the very least, he had a quick death. That's the most any of them can ask for after that.

Just one beast left to put down now. This shouldn't take long.

And down he goes. You're with your friends now, you monster - in hell.

That's it for this time. The mission is over. Two promotions, and two casualties. We don't even have time to tell their families what happened to them. Now the squad knows what the job's really like. It isn't pretty.

So now we set course for home base again. Mission success, but at what cost? Our losses will be felt and grieved. The enemy will pay dearly for the darkness they've caused this day,but for now, we rest. We'll need it.

BurntToShreds

Re: It's My Job To Keep You All Alive (XCOM Let's Play)

Post by BurntToShreds »

This oughtta be fun.
Burn 'em to shreds, tear 'em to ashes.

Topazshot88

Post by Topazshot88 »

You should probably specify that this is X-COM Apocalypse so people don't assume it's UFO Defense or Terror From The Deep.

Doormaster
Chinmaster

Post by Doormaster »

Spoony wrote:Things could have been far, far more tragic.
YOU'D LIKE THAT WOULDN'T YOU

kirstie8191

Post by kirstie8191 »

I am pretty sure it is not easy to win this XCOM and here is where it begins youth have their first encounter on https://www.bestessays.com.au/ and mostly beginners get confused at this point. I think you should keep sharing such kind of game strategies for new players.