In the year 20XX: Mega Man was beginning

Beep beep boop
Galax

Re: In the year 20XX: Mega Man was beginning

Post by Galax »

A friend and I who are both absolutely terrible at Megaman games - despite both of us having played a number of them - are challenging Superhero mode. God the lack of health drops is killing me - bodaciously.
The gayest girl you know.

RabidAnimeFanboy

Post by RabidAnimeFanboy »

Anyone excited for 30XX? Been a while since we got a good Mega Man game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Vqdmoe8to

Marscaleb

Post by Marscaleb »

RabidAnimeFanboy wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:06 am
Anyone excited for 30XX? Been a while since we got a good Mega Man game
I, for one, am not.
I do not like randomly-generated levels.

AwdryFan1997

Post by AwdryFan1997 »

I don't think 30XX or any other "spiritual successors" even come close to being counted as a Megaman game. As far as I'm concerned, if it wasn't made by Inafune and doesn't have the Megaman branding, it isn't Megaman.

Shad
being a gentleman is my jojob

Post by Shad »

Not to downplay Inafune's involvement in the Mega Man games, but he's never been the single driving force behind the series. His influence is undeniable but he's not responsible for everything great you remember about Mega Man - there are many other names that were responsible in similar parts for how cool these games were. Inafune was above all a producer and part of the visual design team, and also handled the story/tone at times. He was never the gameplay guy, and he isn't the key keeper of the series. That and Inafune's latest offerings waver between mediocre and terrible as well, though again his role has mostly been providing base game concepts and overseeing production.

AwdryFan1997

Post by AwdryFan1997 »

Y'know, I've only really considered a few games in the series to be good enough to warrant the "main" status. Megaman 1-7, X1-X5, and, if I ever play the Zero series I'll probably like it, so, those four as well.