COMIC IDEAS

WHY DOES THIS COMIC SUCK
Riddle78

Re: COMIC IDEAS

Post by Riddle78 »

Katie's a literal rocket scientist. Kerbal Space Program is a game about literal rocket science. I'm amazed Katie didn't make a KSP strip yet,so here's my idea.

To the Mun

Panel 1: Katie's sitting at her computer desk,staring at the screen in concentration.
Panel 2: Katie's expression changes to one of intense thought,as a thought bubble above her head displays rocketry equations,or some other visual indicator that she's trying to make a Kerbin-to-Mun vehicle.
Panel 3: The screen shows a proper rocket on the launchpad,with Katie declaring something along the lines of, "Perfect!"
Panel 4: The rocket fails,somehow.
Panel 5: Katie looks incredibly put out,while Norrin wanders in behind her chair.
Panel 6: Norrin: Did you try more struts and solid fuel boosters?
Panel 7: Katie in dumbfounded silence.
Panel 8: The spaghetti mess of struts and boosters makes it to the Mun,with Katie making a noise of frustration.
I lurk because I care.

Rembot

Post by Rembot »

No Accounting for Taste:
The Piranha Plant sees a plate of spicy curry. Dumps it into her pot as fertilizer because she's a plant.
Everyone else on stage looks on in disgust/disbelief.
Piranha Plant: "Mmm... Spicy..."
Greetings from the Lurker Underworld

GalacticGuidance

Post by GalacticGuidance »

Alliance Defiance (Civilization 5)
George Washington's walking around a city in America. Suddenly, he's stopped by an American citizen.
Citizen: "Hey, did you hear about that Picasso guy from Boston? What a great artist!"
Washington: "Who?"
Suddenly, an American messenger runs up to Washington.
Messenger: "Sir, we've received a message from Zanzibar. They're so impressed by our great artist that they've decided to become our ally."
Washington: "Where's Zanzibar?"
Another American messenger runs up to Washington.
Messenger: "Sir, we've received messages from France, Greece, Sweden, China, and India. Apparently they've all been competing for the favor of Zanzibar for a long time, and they're so angry that we've supplanted them that they're declaring war on us."
In the last panel, we see America being torn apart by all its rival nations. Washington gets down on his knees and yells to the heavens.
Washington: "CURSE YOU, PABLO PICASSO!"

Comic Relief

Post by Comic Relief »

This is an old game and it's not likely to go anywhere. (Sly Cooper)

Sly Cooper's Dad: Someone's coming! Go and save yourself!

Sly: But what about you, Dad?

Dad: Don't worry for me, I'm a Professional!

cut to Sly getting dropped off at the Orphanage

Rembot

Post by Rembot »

Out of sorts:
W. D. Gaster from Undertale is sorting his laundry to piles of Dark, Darker, and Yet Darker. He comes across a striped shirt and can't figure out where to put it.

Rembot

Post by Rembot »

Turn the other clique Part 2
Bowser and Ganondorf are slumped over, wishing some evil guy would come over to their table.
They spot King K. Rool and try to wave him down, but he sits down to have tea with princesses instead (and maybe Fox for some reason -- according to the subspace emissary in Brawl, this is something he does).

Rembot

Post by Rembot »

Hanging by a threat: (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)
Goombella and Mario are at the Rogueport public square.
Goombella: "So I'm a member of your party now, so feel free to ask me about the town and stuff! Got any questions?"
Mario: "Yeh... why is there a hangman's noose right there?"
Goombella: "Let's just say you should NEVER cheat the pop flyin'-Go-Lucky lottery..."

(Bonus Panels:
Mario: "Okay, but why a hangman's noose? half the people here are just heads with feet"
They both turn around to see a little goomba kid riding it like a playground swing)

Rembot

Post by Rembot »

Luigi is cleaning the smash apartment complex...
Luigi: "I can't believe Simon tried to exorcise the bathtub..."
He enters a room to find the walls and ceiling stabbed with chunks of a bedframe with bits of mattress fluff strewn everywhere.
Luigi: "Jigglypuff! Did you instant-KO your bed again?"
Jigglypuff stares at him with an adorably guilty expression.

Rembot

Post by Rembot »

Agnostic
Richter: Who art thou?
Palutena: I'm palutena, Goddess of -
Richter: Holdeth up, there's only one God.
Palutena: Well I'm omnipotent and omniscient, so -
Richter: Then I shall ask thee a question no mere mortal can answer! Where doth the missing socks go when thou doest the laundry?
Palutena: ...

ThisAdamGuy

Post by ThisAdamGuy »

For the Spider-Man game that came out on PS4 last year.

*Spider-Man is swinging through the city, inner monologuing)
Spider-Man: "Oh man, this is horrible! Kingpin's gang is selling drugs, the Demons are murdering people in the streets, and all my worst enemies are running free. The people of New York need me! I have to..."
(sees bird)
Spider-Man: "PIGEON! GOTTA CHASE THE PIGEON GOTTA GET THE PIGEON! PIGEONNNNN!!!"
Author, gamer, and terrible signature maker. Read my books (for free holy crap!) at www.bolanderbooks.com. New chapters every Saturday. Juryokine, Amber Silverblood, The Gray Ranger, and more!

Showsni

Post by Showsni »

Rembot wrote:Hanging by a threat: (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)
Goombella: "So I'm a member of your party now, so feel free to ask me about the town and stuff! Got any questions?"
Goombella: "Let's just say you should NEVER cheat the pop flyin'-Go-Lucky lottery..."

(Bonus Panels:
Mario: "Okay, but why a hangman's noose? half the people here are just heads with feet"
They both turn around to see a little goomba kid riding it like a playground swing)
Have you tried actually cheating in the pop flyin' Lucky Lottery? (By setting your system clock forwards one day at a time, resetting, checking the board, saving... and then finally setting the clock back to normal and talking to him again). It's pretty funny. He gets VERY upset.

Rembot

Post by Rembot »

Showsni wrote:
Rembot wrote:Hanging by a threat: (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)

(Bonus Panels:
Have you tried actually cheating in the pop flyin' Lucky Lottery? (By setting your system clock forwards one day at a time, resetting, checking the board, saving... and then finally setting the clock back to normal and talking to him again). It's pretty funny. He gets VERY upset.
No, but I hear the lottery Bomb guy gets pretty mad; I figured it would make a decent punchline. :) Also, why does the forum keep censoring h_appy? That's a completely acceptable word.

Siege_TF

Post by Siege_TF »

Since Team Three Star seems to be committed to doing Season 4 of DBZ Abridged...

Courteous Devil (DBZ)

Babidi: Those minions stole enough energy to wake Buu up halfway! How many millions of people did they attack?!
Dabura: Perhaps this Majin Buu not as powerful as you believe?
Bibidi: Buu is strong enough to challenge the gods! I regret killing those two now...
Dabura (making the sign of the cross): Then may they rest in peace; I fear we will never again see their like in our lifetimes.
Bibidi: Did you just a prayer for them?
Dabura: Should I not?
Bibidi: You're a demon!
Dabura: Yes, and that makes me a Catholic!
Bibidi (Confused Jackie Chan)
Emperor's teeth how horrifying!

Rembot

Post by Rembot »

Eternal Reward (Super Paper Mario)

Bowser's chilling in his room in the Underwhere, when Mario and Luigi burst through the door -
Bowser: "What are you doing here?!"
Luigi: "We all died! Now we're getting you out of here."
Bowser: "No, I mean what are you doing HERE?" This is the Underwhere - where all of the bad people go once their games are over. I get why I'm here, but I thought you were supposed to be good guys... what did you do to get here?"

Mario has a flashback of all of the Goombas he's stomped, times he's dropped Yoshi into a pit for extra height, times he's jumped on Toads for extra height to get a star coin, etc.

Luigi has a flashback of his time as Mr. L, showing that he was never actually hypnotized to be Mr. L in the first place.

Rembot

Post by Rembot »

Language Barrier:
Daisy is talking to Yoshi on a couch, and Lucas pops up from behind:
Lucas: Why do you just keep saying Yoshi's name over and over again?
Daisy: That's just how he talks - if you want to tell him something, you just say 'Yoshi'.
Lucas: It's that easy? I wanna try!
cut to later, and Lucas has a black eye and an egg smashed over his face.
Lucas: Was it something I said?
Daisy: You said his mother was a gecko and his father smells like dead goombas.